Anyone in 2WW - early to mid-November?

I had a 3dt yesterday of one awesome embryo and am currently in the 2WW! Of course, I am doubting my decision to transfer only one, even though I know deep down it was the right thing for me to do. Can I be so lucky as to have one embryo implant after the first round of IVF? We have two kids already so I was very hesitant to transfer two… I’ve heard WAY too many stories and accounts of people doing so and both implanting. I know anything can happen…

I didn’t expect to feel so aimless at this point! I know people say once the rush of appointments and everything is over and you have done all you can, that it’s the toughest part, and now I see why.

My pregnancy test at the clinic is not until 11/16, but I’m sure I’ll be testing at home sometime next weekend! Good luck to anyone else in this place - I hope we get some positive stories here! :bsv:

Hello! I had my ER yesterday and expect to either have a 2-day or 3-day transfer. I will get a phonecall this afternoon with the fertility report and which day they want to do the transfer. So, I think I have started the 2WW too. I’m expecting a 11/20 date for the beta test.

By the way, I learned on these forums that we are PUPO - “Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise”. I love that acronym! This is my second IVF cycle. But at my first one, I learned that I should take care of myself as if I were pregnant…watch what I eat, etc. I am also taking PIO shots and their side effects are like pregnancy symptoms. So, I feel pregnant…which is a nice feeling.

My best advice is to [U]try[/U] to keep busy with other activities. Easier said than done, I know…and I’m guilty of always thinking about being PUPO. I might also take a home test a few days before my beta test. It helps me prepare for the bad news better. But I hope this month is good news for the both of us! Good luck!
:cross: :babydust::pray:

Just bumping this up in case anyone else had their ET this weekend and is in the same boat!!!??

Hey ladies! I had my ET on Friday! We only got 4 mature eggs and three fertilized. We transferred three, one was 8 cell, one was 6 cell and one was 4 cell. They weren’t outstanding quality, but they were okay!! They did assisted hatching, so I’ve been trying to research and see if implantation occurs earlier when you have AH…anyone know? My BETA is on 11/16…How is everyone else doing?

Not yet! But I think I will be having ET by the end of this week (provided ER goes well tomorrow)… will be joining you ladies soon.

For now, just wanted to wish you guys the best. Hi Magillis!

Yeah for the 2ww group! I see some familar names from the Nov 2010 group!!

I also had my 3 day egg transfer on 11/5. We transfer 2 embryos (one morulla stage and 1 8 cell) My first pregnancy test is 11/15 at the clinic. so excited Trying to keep occupied! Does anyone know if we actually get the results right away or do they just do lab work and call later ? I found this chart online thought it was interesting:
[B][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Trebuchet MS][SIZE=2]3-Day Transfer[/SIZE][/FONT][/B]
[B][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Days Past [/FONT][/B][FONT=Trebuchet MS]
[B][B]Transfer (DPT)[/B][/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS][B]Embryo Development[/B][/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]One [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The embryo continues to grow and develop, turning from a 6-8 cell embryo into a morula[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Two [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The cells of the morula continue to divide, developing into a blastocyst[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Three [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The blastocyst begins to hatch out of its shell [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Four [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The blastocyst continues to hatch out of its shell and begins to attach itself to the uterus[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Five [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]The blastocyst attaches deeper into the uterine lining, beginning implantation [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Six [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Implantation continues[/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Seven [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Implantation is complete, cells that will eventually become the placenta and fetus have begun to develop [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Eight [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) starts to enter the blood stream [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Nine [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Ten [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Fetal development continues and hCG continues to be secreted [/FONT]
[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Eleven [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS]Levels of hCG are now high enough to detect a pregnancy [/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Lots of:bsv: to everyone!![/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS]Good luck Jessica on your ER tommarow![/FONT]

Glad to see you on this thread. I will be doing a 5dt on Tuesday. :cheer: on your 3 embies! I know you will be :preg: very soon!!!

Waiting for ET

Hello everyone! I see some ladies from the Nov. IVf thread - good to see yall.

I did the ER on Thursday 11/4. My DH had a MESA along with my egg retrieval. They retrieved 41 eggs, out of the 41 - 21 were mature and 16 were embryos as of Friday. They will review the embryos quality tomorrow and set the 5dt time for Tuesday.

Looking forward to Tuesday. Just wanted to add myself to the thread and say hi.

:grouphug:

[QUOTE=jewel1026]Hello everyone! I see some ladies from the Nov. IVf thread - good to see yall.

I did the ER on Thursday 11/4. My DH had a MESA along with my egg retrieval. They retrieved 41 eggs, out of the 41 - 21 were mature and 16 were embryos as of Friday. They will review the embryos quality tomorrow and set the 5dt time for Tuesday.

Looking forward to Tuesday. Just wanted to add myself to the thread and say hi.

:grouphug:[/QUOTE]

Wow, 41!!?? I had 19 retrieved and felt huge; I can’t imagine how you must have felt! It is good to get a lot of eggs though; out of my 19, 12 fertilized, and 5 remained strong on day 3. I transferred one and have 4 frozen.

I know my ET was Friday but I don’t feel anything but tired and bloated from the progesterone suppositories and the whole ordeal winding down. The only time I took off from work was for the ER, one day. It’s VERY hard not to worry! I keep thinking, I only had 1 put back… how can this work… but I’m trying to be positive and hopeful as well. This waiting sucks!

Is it true that the progesterone side effects mimic PMS and/or pregnancy, so you really have no clue at all if there was implantation during the waiting period?

[quote=Wishfor1more]I had a 3dt yesterday of one awesome embryo and am currently in the 2WW! Of course, I am doubting my decision to transfer only one, even though I know deep down it was the right thing for me to do. Can I be so lucky as to have one embryo implant after the first round of IVF? We have two kids already so I was very hesitant to transfer two… I’ve heard WAY too many stories and accounts of people doing so and both implanting. I know anything can happen…

I didn’t expect to feel so aimless at this point! I know people say once the rush of appointments and everything is over and you have done all you can, that it’s the toughest part, and now I see why.

My pregnancy test at the clinic is not until 11/16, but I’m sure I’ll be testing at home sometime next weekend! Good luck to anyone else in this place - I hope we get some positive stories here! :bsv:[/quote]

I agree…this is definitely the hardest part! My beta is the 15th. I am trying very hard not to POAS.

Hi Ladies! I just had my ET on 11-6 and am now in the dreaded 2WW! I am using donor eggs due to mine being “fried” because of cancer treatment and a stem cell transplant at age 23. I am off this week from work, trying to just hang low but very hard not to sit around and worry about every little thing! This is my first go around with IVF, and we transferred 2 embryos. I have my in clinic pregnancy test on 11-16 and debating if I should do a HPT before that or not?! How are you ladies feeling? Any cramping or symptoms?
Wishing us all very :bsv: and :bfp: 's!!!

[quote=faith4amiracle]Hi Ladies! I just had my ET on 11-6 and am now in the dreaded 2WW! I am using donor eggs due to mine being “fried” because of cancer treatment and a stem cell transplant at age 23. I am off this week from work, trying to just hang low but very hard not to sit around and worry about every little thing! This is my first go around with IVF, and we transferred 2 embryos. I have my in clinic pregnancy test on 11-16 and debating if I should do a HPT before that or not?! How are you ladies feeling? Any cramping or symptoms?
Wishing us all very :bsv: and :bfp: 's!!![/quote]

I’m cramping pretty bad today. I’ve had an upset stomach all weekend, but I think that has been from the Medrol that I’m taking. (Is anyone else taking Medrol for implantation?) My BETA is the 16th, as well!

I seriously can’t believe how anxious I am getting! I never thought I would be this way. I thought all the stress would be used up during the treatments! I don’t have any real symptoms, other than what I would normally have during PMS but worse. I heard the progesterone makes the symptoms worse and mimics early pregnancy symptoms??

I am feeling very bloated, hungry, tired, crampy sometimes, and constipated (lovely). My ovaries are still sore when I pee or twist to the side too much. I also am having the PMS food cravings for carbs and sweets. I am reading way too much into every little thing. I have had two kids so I can tell you ladies that PMS and early pregnancy symptoms are truly the SAME, really. When I found out I was pregnant with both my kids I was 100% sure I was getting my period. So I should know better… but this is so very different!!!

I go from totally convinced it did not work, and regret over my choice to transfer 1, to hopeful that it might have worked. I am trying to envision myself getting the phone call on the 16th that it worked or seeing the two lines on the stick, trying to think positive. I already know that if this one doesn’t stick, we will do FET with two of the four we have left.

Good luck to everyone else… this waiting sure sucks!!! :cross:

Hi ladies, My ET was 11/4 and my beta is 11/15. We transferred three embies that were better quality than when we had our son. I’m trying to stay positive, but this 2ww is killing me!

I also took medrol after the ER, but I didn’t notice any side effects. I hope we all have :bfp: !

[quote=mcre23]Hi ladies, My ET was 11/4 and my beta is 11/15. We transferred three embies that were better quality than when we had our son. I’m trying to stay positive, but this 2ww is killing me!

I also took medrol after the ER, but I didn’t notice any side effects. I hope we all have :bfp: ![/quote]

I notice your ET was on 11/4 and your beta is set for 11/15. Our ET was on the 11/3 (5-day) and our beta is on 11/16. Do you know why there is such variety on when the beta should be performed? (Anyone is free to chime in!!) I am just curious I notice that various people have different wait times between ET and Beta, I wonder if the day transfer plays any part or what is the determining factor?

Thanks for any info!!

I am having the exact same symptoms as you are ‘wishforonemore’! I don’t know if my mind is talking myself into some of them or not :slight_smile:
Quite a few of us with our Betas on the 15th/16th! It is odd how we all have different wait periods. Mine will be 10 days post transfer, and I don’t know if that is because ours was a 3-day with donor eggs? So I wonder the same thing ‘MD Couple’!
We definitely all need to think positive thoughts!! Is anyone going to take a home preg. test and if so how long are you going to wait? I’m nervous to do so!

I had my ET this morning (3-day) and we transferred two embryos both graded 8A. So excited! We might have two more for freezing…they will let us know in a few days whether they qualify for freezing. So, my beta is schedule for the 11/19. Can’t wait!

I think I will take an at-home pregnancy test a day before (18th) just to prepare me for the worst or best case situation.

[quote=faith4amiracle]I am having the exact same symptoms as you are ‘wishforonemore’! I don’t know if my mind is talking myself into some of them or not :slight_smile:
Quite a few of us with our Betas on the 15th/16th! It is odd how we all have different wait periods. Mine will be 10 days post transfer, and I don’t know if that is because ours was a 3-day with donor eggs? So I wonder the same thing ‘MD Couple’!
We definitely all need to think positive thoughts!! Is anyone going to take a home preg. test and if so how long are you going to wait? I’m nervous to do so![/quote]

[quote=Wishfor1more]Wow, 41!!?? I had 19 retrieved and felt huge; I can’t imagine how you must have felt! It is good to get a lot of eggs though; out of my 19, 12 fertilized, and 5 remained strong on day 3. I transferred one and have 4 frozen.

I know my ET was Friday but I don’t feel anything but tired and bloated from the progesterone suppositories and the whole ordeal winding down. The only time I took off from work was for the ER, one day. It’s VERY hard not to worry! I keep thinking, I only had 1 put back… how can this work… but I’m trying to be positive and hopeful as well. This waiting sucks!

Is it true that the progesterone side effects mimic PMS and/or pregnancy, so you really have no clue at all if there was implantation during the waiting period?[/quote]

Hi Wishfor1more!

Yes…I felt huge and am very bloated!! When we started the IVF process in January, I weighed 125 lbs…how I’m 136 and not very happy about it. I know its for a good cause and all the drugs add the weight. If and when I’m :preg: i will be happy to show off my belly…but now I just look like I ate too many hamburgers :slight_smile:

How are you feeling today? The progesterone will make you feel pregnant…sore boobs and nauseous. The 2ww is the worst and happiest part about this process. Just keep thinking good thoughts and stay busy. Sending :babydust: your way! It only takes one embryo…keep the faith it will work!

:grouphug:

Hi Ladies,
I have been lurking on the forums but just started posting. I’m so glad to see the 2ww thread and look forward to following everyone’s progress.

I had my 5dt on 11/5 and my beta will be on 11/15. I nearly bought a HPT today at the local CVS but held back.

Is anyone planning to POAS before the blood draw? I’ve read that some HPT 0has provided accurate readings to others beforehand, but I know it’s not as conclusive as the blood test. Plus, I tell myself that I can spend the $15-20 at Loft instead, like buy those earrings I’ve been coveting.

Aside from relaxing at home, I’ve not been able to detect any changes to my body. I guess I’ll find out in 7 days…

Sending much sticky vibes to all the other ladies in the 2ww zone. :bsv:

[quote=MD_Couple]I notice your ET was on 11/4 and your beta is set for 11/15. Our ET was on the 11/3 (5-day) and our beta is on 11/16. Do you know why there is such variety on when the beta should be performed? (Anyone is free to chime in!!) I am just curious I notice that various people have different wait times between ET and Beta, I wonder if the day transfer plays any part or what is the determining factor?

Thanks for any info!![/quote]

I think it part Dr preference. It looks everything is dependent on the ER. I had a chart listed early for what happens after a 3dt. It appears the standard min. for Drs testing is 11dp3dt or in the case of 5dt it would be 9dp5dt. The longer you wait the bigger the beta should be. I guess some drs may prefer not to test at the earliest just because that can give you an indefinite result. My clinic is a testing at 11dp3dt.

My clinic checked my estrogren and progesterone levels today just to make sure everything was suitable for pregnancy. Everything looked good. Does anyone know what ones e2 and prog should be doing after ET? just curious

Also got some good new today! We have 2 eggs that we did not use that they were able to freeze!!