Anyone NOT use Lupron for FET and have success?

I just suffered my third chemical and I’m wondering if the protocol where you start on CD1 and only use estradiol and progesterone would be better for me. I HATE Lupron and it takes my ovaries forever to become suppressed.

Thanks!

So sorry to hear about your chemical. I just did an FET in August using only estrogen (estradiol pills) and progesterone (suppositories - and later PIO b/c of SCH) and I got a BFP. I’m currently 11 1/2 weeks. Good luck!

worked for me!

Hi there, we just had our first FET from a donor egg cycle. First FET ever actually. Just got a strong BFP on Nov 4th, 6dp5dt, beta 103! All I did was start estradiol pills and patches I think around CD3 and then progesterone suppositories (crinone) started around 5 days before transfer. Also on folgard tabs 2 times daily and baby aspirin cause I am positive for that MTHFR gene mutation thing. From start of AF to transfer day for me was only 16 days! Good luck to you!!

I’m so sorry about your chemical.

With my FET, I did estrogen (estradiol pills and patch) and progesterone (Crinone) only… no Lupron. I’m currently expecting twins. My clinic doesn’t use Lupron very often, and never for FETs.

Best of luck!!

I am very sorry to hear about your chemical pregnancy.

I also did not use lupron or birth control pills. I took PIO and estrace as well as antibiotics and steriods.

This is just what I want to know.

I’m on day 9 of my first FET cycle and my doctor hasn’t made any mention of Lupron. He only has me wearing Estrace/Estradiol patches and I guess once the transfer is done, I’ll go back to taking the progesterone shots.
I’m sorry about the chemical pregnancies…we all have to hang in there!! Good luck!

Really sorry to hear about your chemicals as well. For my first fresh IVF did the Lupron route and was also over-suppressed (had a chemical). For my second fresh IVF - had no Lupron…responded 100% exactly like they wanted…transferred 2 excellent blasts and another chemical and had 5 excellent ones to freeze. Now gonna do first FET this January and try transferring only 1 blast at a time. No lupron, just estrogen and progesterone. Can I ask you, did your endometrial biopsy detect endometriosis? My biopsy came back totally normal and they can’t find anything wrong with me…wonder if I could have endo? Although I don’t have any symptoms of it. What are your endo symptoms if you don’t mind my asking. Thank you.

My doctor didn’t do an endometrial biopsy on me. Should he have done one?

[QUOTE=Sadie987]I just suffered my third chemical and I’m wondering if the protocol where you start on CD1 and only use estradiol and progesterone would be better for me. I HATE Lupron and it takes my ovaries forever to become suppressed.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I’m sorry about your chemical. My clinic does “natural cycles” with FETs as often as possible if you have a “regular” cycle. I just did a FET and only took estradiol, progesterone suppositories and for some reason I had to do a trigger shot and I’m now 4w4d.

Good luck!

Did you ask them why they used Lupron? Can you ask them not to use it? I used only estrogen and progesterone. Estrogen(2mg 3Xday) starting cd3 to thicken the lining, then 3 days before the transfer I began PIO (1cc) shots. I continue the estrogen/progesterone until 12 weeks. Never had lupron, I don’t think my clinic uses it.

I wish you good luck, I also went through a chemical and it’s just so disappointing. Sometimes I wish the doctors could give us more information, instead the reasoning is always ‘oh it’s an embryo problem’, ‘it just happens’, ‘it happens in almost 50% cases’.