Anyone participating in an EEVA study?

Hi ladies -

We are participating in a US study of EEVA, a non-invasive technology that’s used in Europe to predict embryo viability. Is anyone else also participating in an EEVA study? I’m really curious to see what other girls’ experiences have been, because we got some weird/bad news today. :frowning:

12 of our eggs fertilized normally, and as of today (day 3) there are 11 that looked “fantastic” to the embryologist that called me with the update this morning. Another embryologist called me back later to say that only ONE of the 11 embryos was rated “high” (which means likely to make it to day 5) according to the EEVA software. The rest are “low!!” WTH??? She was really surprised, because they haven’t seen such a disparity between how they’re grading the embryos and how the software grades them.

I guess we’ll see if EEVA was right when we get the update on Monday morning…I’m hoping there are others who’ve beat the EEVA odds!!!

[quote=MK78]Hi ladies -

We are participating in a US study of EEVA, a non-invasive technology that’s used in Europe to predict embryo viability. Is anyone else also participating in an EEVA study? I’m really curious to see what other girls’ experiences have been, because we got some weird/bad news today. :frowning:

12 of our eggs fertilized normally, and as of today (day 3) there are 11 that looked “fantastic” to the embryologist that called me with the update this morning. Another embryologist called me back later to say that only ONE of the 11 embryos was rated “high” (which means likely to make it to day 5) according to the EEVA software. The rest are “low!!” WTH??? She was really surprised, because they haven’t seen such a disparity between how they’re grading the embryos and how the software grades them.

I guess we’ll see if EEVA was right when we get the update on Monday morning…I’m hoping there are others who’ve beat the EEVA odds!!![/quote]

Yikes, that sounds discouraging. I hope that even if the software doesn’t predict they are “high” they will still transfer them if they are looking well? I think that having 11 at day 3 is excellent…keep your head up and can’t wait to hear how they are doing on Monday! :grouphug:

Well, the one embryo that EEVA rated “high” developed into a grade 1 (our clinic’s highest rating) hatching blast today (day 5)! And, two embryos that were rated “low” are grade 2 hatching blasts!

There are several more early blasts that the lab will check tomorrow, so we may also have a few day 6 blasts to biopsy. Hooray!

We’ll get the CCS results next week and then do a natural FET in June if there is a normal embryo in the group. Fingers crossed!

[quote=MK78]Well, the one embryo that EEVA rated “high” developed into a grade 1 (our clinic’s highest rating) hatching blast today (day 5)! And, two embryos that were rated “low” are grade 2 hatching blasts!

There are several more early blasts that the lab will check tomorrow, so we may also have a few day 6 blasts to biopsy. Hooray!

We’ll get the CCS results next week and then do a natural FET in June if there is a normal embryo in the group. Fingers crossed![/quote]

Congrats, that is great! I would be thrilled with 3 on ice! Hope you have more tomorrow that are ready to be biopised!

I participated in the EEVA study for our second IVF. We are moving and losing our insurance and had one failed IVF. 24 retrieved, only 9 mature. We ended up with 3 embryos able to biopsied on day 5 and all three were normal on day 6!! We transferred one perfect embryo on day 6 and froze the other 2. One more was able to be biopsied on day 6 although we won’t get CCS results for a weeks.

I went for my beta today, but not feeling positive because I started spotting yesterday and it was heavier this morning. :frowning:

But at least we have 2 and maybe 3 waiting for us… That’s what I’m trying to focus on for now.

We’re happy we did testing, if I do finally get pregnant, I think I’ll be less stressed knowing its normal.

Good luck!!!

Me: 36
DH: 31
TTC: 1+ yrs
IUI # 1: Sept 2012: BFN
IUI #2: Nov: 2012: BFN

IVF #1 w/ ICSI and Asst. Hatching Feb.2013
24 eggs ret., 7 mature, 4 fert. -> BFN

IVF #2 w/ ICSI and CCS April/may 2013
24 eggs ret., 9 mature, 9 fert., 3 biopsied on day 5- all normal!! 1 more on day 6, waiting for results. -> ???

Good luck, Kathrynjane!! :cross:

We got our CCS results back, and 8 out of 9 embryos are normal!! Funnily enough, the one embryo that EEVA graded “high” and looked perfect on day 5 is ranked last by the CCS testing based on the fact that the test is less than 85% certain that chromosome 21 is normal. I’m glad we did the testing because this embryo would have definitely been the one transferred back first!

Is this the study that you are talking about? Done by RMA?

Correlating Time-Lapse Parameters Detected by the Eeva™ System With Comprehensive Chromosome Screening Results (CCS)

Thank you.