Anyone still need trigger shot after 100mg Clomid?

I have been on clomid cd 4-8 and then continued for another 5 days (follicles not quite reacting how they wanted). I had an u/s yesterday & am responding well. They suspect I may ovulate on Sunday so have to check opk. If positive I schedule my IUI for Monday. If not I go for u/s monday am to see if ready. They said if not ready Monday I would need trigger shot monday pm
and do IUI on Wednesday. IUI on Wednesday DOES NOT WORK! My hubby won’t be home.

Anyone NOT need a trigger shot on 100mg Clomid?
What are the chances I won’t need it?

Hello there,
I did not need the trigger shot for all of my IUI cycles. I was ovulating and I did not have other diagnosed fertility problems at the time of the IUIs. I knew exactly when I was ovulating too. I did use the trigger for my IVF cycle which was mandatory with my REs protocol. I do know my RE did back to back IUIs as well. So for two days in a row I had an IUI done for each cycle.

Good luck and baby dust to ya!

[quote=minihorseowner]I have been on clomid cd 4-8 and then continued for another 5 days (follicles not quite reacting how they wanted). I had an u/s yesterday & am responding well. They suspect I may ovulate on Sunday so have to check opk. If positive I schedule my IUI for Monday. If not I go for u/s monday am to see if ready. They said if not ready Monday I would need trigger shot monday pm
and do IUI on Wednesday. IUI on Wednesday DOES NOT WORK! My hubby won’t be home.

Anyone NOT need a trigger shot on 100mg Clomid?
What are the chances I won’t need it?[/quote]

Hi [B]minihorseowner[/B], I’m not doing IUI (yet, insurance requirements), just TI, but I got the trigger after clomid (50mg). Clomid and trigger have different purpose, so don’t be discouraged. I got clomid to increase the possible numbers of follicles (got 3 this cycle), and then got the trigger shot (yesterday) to make sure the follicles break and realase the egg(s). Or that’s my understanding. :slight_smile:
So from what I’ve read in your post, if the OPK is not showing ovulation, they think they should help the follicles to break, hence the trigger. If OPK doesn’t turn positive, I say go for it with the trigger! :slight_smile: and good luck!:slight_smile:

Did trigger shot this am and having IUI tomorrow. Not ideal but DH can’t get day off on Wednesday to do it then. So praying it works! I have one follicle that is ready to go.

Good luck!!

Thank you!

I ended up doing the trigger shot and had my IUI yesterday 6/25/13. Now the 2 week wait begins!

:pray:

[quote=minihorseowner]Thank you!

I ended up doing the trigger shot and had my IUI yesterday 6/25/13. Now the 2 week wait begins!

:pray:[/quote]

Hope it won’t be too crazy. :slight_smile: How are you feeling after the trigger? I felt really bad for the first three days, just feeling better today. I’m on my 3dpo (5dp trigger) and already don’t know how I’m going to make it to 7/7 (testing). :wink: Fingers crossed for BFP! :slight_smile:

I thankfully don’t have too many side effects from the Ovidrel trigger shot. Some abdominal discomfort & hot flashes but that’s all. I too don’t know how I am going to make it the 2 weeks!

Yeppers! I always need one :slight_smile: Plus its nice cause they really help with timing an IUI or TI :slight_smile: :cheer: good luck :cheer:

Forgot to say good luck!!! and fingers crossed for you!!!

don’t know if i “needed” it. it’s just the standard protocol at my clinic.

Well got AF on Sunday so :bfn: for this round.
I had u/s yesterday and all is back to normal, no cysts.
I start Clomid 100mg tomorrow- day 4-8 then ultrasound on Monday to see if we need to extend the Clomid 5 more days like last time. :pray: This next round will work!

sorry about the BFN :grouphug:

i’ve never seen someone take clomid for such an extended period. have they been monitoring for side effects like thinned lining or dry cm?

best wishes for your next cycle!

Thank you! Yes, my doctor is doing regular ultrasounds to check progress of follicles and the lining. I was also on progesterone (starting day 3 after IUI) to help the lining (even though it was fine but my progesterone level was low). CM is not a problem since we are doing IUI.

This is the second time I will do this dosage. My 1st u/s this time showed I already had follicles so he is hoping I won’t need to extend the clomid this time. BUT it worked great last time with the extension so he is hoping for the same response this time!