Anyone taking Estradiol & Crinone

Is anyone pregnant & on Crinone Progesterone suppositories & also taking Estradiol pills too? My doctor has me on both, and I’m not really sure what the Estradiol does. It says on the bottle to not take if you’re pregnant or plan to be pregnant & that worries me.

[QUOTE=deedra]Is anyone pregnant & on Crinone Progesterone suppositories & also taking Estradiol pills too? My doctor has me on both, and I’m not really sure what the Estradiol does. It says on the bottle to not take if you’re pregnant or plan to be pregnant & that worries me.[/QUOTE]

Did your doc say how long you’d take the estradiol? It might just be for a few weeks until the pregnancy establishes itself. I did estrogen shots until I was weaned off at about 11 wks. An oral pill might have been less painful.

I think the bottle says don’t take if pregnant because it’s meant for women in menopause.

Progesterone in some form or other is something I think most of us took the first trimester until the placenta(s) took over.

I have my 2nd beta tomorrow so I’m behind you but I’m taking crinone and estrace right now. I didn’t ask why though either.

I’m taking Crinone 8% vaginal gel daily right now.

Last cycle I had low progesterone and they put me on Prometrium though they switched me to Crinone this cycle because they stated people are having too many SE from the PO form of progesterone.

I am very newly pregnant (4w3d) and still on Estradiol and progesterone injections and suppositories, all of which I’ve been using since my embryo transfer. My doctor says I’ll continue them for awhile, but not forever. From what I’ve heard it does relate to hormone levels stabilizing.

Both drugs are normal and needed, they are what your body would naturally produce on it’s own.