Anyone Test HPT Neg and get a positive Beta?

So Nov 10 we transferred two grade AA 6 day FET Blastocysts … this is with a surrogate, the same one that we had a chemical pregnancy with in August.

According to the chart that is found everywhere …
See Below, my surrogate wanted to know so she took two tests yesterday Nov 16 and both were :bfn:
My question is did we test too soon? our first Beta is Nov 20 and I sure wish we had waited because now it’s nothing but more stress and praying:pray: and :pray:

Has anyone taken HPT and then been positive by the time they got their Beta … Oh Lord please let her be positive …

Last time we cheated too a day later than this time and she was positive but it resulted in a chemical pregnancy … I just feel terrible right now …

5-DAY TRANSFER:

-1dpt …embryo is growing and developing
0dpt… Embryo is now a blastocyst
1dpt…Blastocyst hatches out of shell on this day
2dpt… Blastocyst attaches to a site on the uterine lining
3dpt… Implantation begins,as the blastocyst begins to bury in the lining
4dpt… Implantation process continues and morula buries deeper in the lining
5dpt… Morula is completely inmplanted in the lining and has placenta cells &
fetal cells
6dpt…Placenta cells begin to secret HCG in the blood
7dpt…More HCG is produced as fetus develops
8dpt…More HCG is produced as fetus develops
9dpt…HCG levels are now high enough to be immediately detected on
HPT

I POAS’d on 6 days past a 5 day FET and 7 days past also - both were stark white… my beta was the next morning at 8 days past transfer and it was positive at 65, I think some women metabolize hcg slower than others. Dont give up, only the blood test is 100% - Good Luck!

thank you - really needing to hear stories like that right now … congrats on your boy and I pray that he gets a sib soon!!! :pray:

With my DS, I didn’t take a HPT, but my first beta at 10dp5dt was only 18. A lot of HPTs only pick up a beta above 25, so mine definitely wouldn’t have registered. It’s still a little early, and it’s quite possible the baby(ies) is just a late implanter like my DS.

Thanks Jess, I can tell you last night being inpatient has only caused more stress and heartache and our beta isn’t until Sunday which means - we may not hear the results until Monday … I don’t want her to take another HPT test and just wait for the bloodwork because its honestly stressing me out and before that stupid test yesterday I was feeling so great and level headed and HOPEFUL trusting God … I have spent my morning praying and placing this again in His Hands …

These two stories so far really have helped me see that it could have been too early and even if waiting stinks - premature negative results are worse!

I hope your next cycle is a positive one!!!

I wanted to add too that these comments are the only thing keeping me sane so thank you to those that commented back …

I poas at 7dp5dt and it was neg until 9dp5dt…and I was sooo upset until I finally got a faint, very faint :bfp: . Just keep faith and try again in a few days. Those darn sticks are soo evil!!

I just received my first beta result a few hours ago and I am :preg: --HCG level is 113 9dp6dt…I did HPT 6dp6dt and it was negative

hope this helps!!:grouphug:

I had TWO Negative HPT AFTER getting a VERY positive Blood Beta test with my first IVF!!! And I was DEFINITELY pregnant, I just think the HPT didn’t like my pee or something. And oddly enough on my FET, I got a VERY faint Positive HPT the day before the Blood test, and I came back with a very low Beta that they warned me to not get hopeful…I checked again with HPT a couple days later and it was positive again and I eventually went on to deliver a healthy baby girl but it was weird that the situation reversed and I had two positive HPT with lower betas while my high betas were not registering on HPT. So I think you have to understand those HPT are very unstable and the medications we take can influence things as well. It may be too early for your surrogate’s HCG to register in HPT and I would just take a deep breath and wait for the blood test. Lots of luck to you, I know it is agony waiting for results…baby dust baby dust

I’m a POASaholic and after my last FET I had to have peed on at least a dozen sticks and never got a BFP, even the evening before my beta at 11dp5dt. However it was because my beta was only 13 and two days later there was no change. It’s not a great sign to have such a low beta but I’ve certainly read about plenty of women who have started out with very low betas and gone on to have healthy pregnancies. It’s all in the doubling time they say.

thank you soooooo much to all you who are responding, my surrogate is

1. cramping since tuesday - thats 3 days post transfer, no bleeding …
  2. she is very tired
  3. Said her boobs are super sore and gotten worse
  4. Has almost thrown up twice that last two mornings
  5. craving foods like red meat (she doesn’t eat meat ) and said she only craved that with her daughter
  6. nausea is coming and going throughout the day worse in the morning.
  7. shes peeing non-stop and she says it has that IM PREGGO odor to it … sorry if this is TMI …

but she really believes she is and the beta is tomorrow she wants to test so badly but I am scared and just need to hear a positive beta that is thriving and keeps climbing … I am praying she is carrying - I believe she is because she really believes she is … she even googled due dates which I haven’t done because I am too scared after last time, she wants to test and I told her to if she wanted to but I don’t wanna know … I told her it would be different if you text me and said our due date is … and then said I cheated we are positive … but now with the beta tomorrow I just wanna wait … Im a scary cat … but believe God has this under control …

thank you again for these stories … so needed them …:bsv::bsv::bsv::bsv:

Hang in there honey!! I’m pulling for you tomorrow!! I know that the last day of this torturous waiting is the worst - thankfully its a matter of just hours now. I’m thinking that you have a big congrats coming your way tomorrow, so you just have to get through today, ok? xoxoxo

Neg hpt and positive beta

Had FET DONE 7 days ago on day 6 got:bfn: on Cheap dollar tree brand took blood work today sense FET got the call around 11am telling me am PREGNANT:clap: :preg: Go back on Friday to do another beta keeping my:cross: Until sonogram

:clap:
First beta 123 on 1/23/13 second done 1/25/13 535