Anyone transferred hatching blasts?

Hi ladies,
I just transferred 2 hatching blasts on tuesday. I’ve been trying to read up on it but can’t find much. I’ve read up on assisted hatching but nothing much on actual hatching blast. Have any of you had hatching blasts transferred? Is that good?

Thanks

Yes I tranferred one hatching blast on 11/7. My RE said its was a top quality embryo (6AA) and since it was already hatching they only wanted to transfer one because of higher chance of implementation. As you can see from Siggy. I got my :bfp: on HPT on 6dp5dt and currently 5 weeks 2 days :preg:. I am waiting on my first u/s 12/9.

Good luck and :pray: for your :bfp:

[quote=Wishing73]Hi ladies,
I just transferred 2 hatching blasts on tuesday. I’ve been trying to read up on it but can’t find much. I’ve read up on assisted hatching but nothing much on actual hatching blast. Have any of you had hatching blasts transferred? Is that good?

Thanks[/quote]

[QUOTE=BelievinginMiracles]Yes I tranferred one hatching blast on 11/7. My RE said its was a top quality embryo (6AA) and since it was already hatching they only wanted to transfer one because of higher chance of implementation. As you can see from Siggy. I got my :bfp: on HPT on 6dp5dt and currently 5 weeks 2 days :preg:. I am waiting on my first u/s 12/9.

Good luck and :pray: for your :bfp:[/QUOTE]

Thanks beliving , and congrats on your :bfp: :cheer: :cheer:
I transferred a 6aa, and a 6ab since I have had 2 fresh 5dt and 1 FET 5dt all bfn. But none of them had been hatching or as good a quality. I’m trying to not get my hopes up too much but you really made me happy.

[quote=Wishing73]Hi ladies,

Thanks[/quote]

Yes, it’s good. The best.

[QUOTE=Ghost]Yes, it’s good. The best.[/QUOTE]

Thanks ghost. Did you have hatching blasted transferred??

No. I’m not a patient. I’m on the other side.

I had 2 hatching blasts transferred. I think hatching blasts is very good. Good luck to you!!!

Ghost- question for you…I have one frozen already hatching blast. Unfortunately it is only a grade C but the RE said that the fact that it is hatching makes it a promising embryo. My husband and I are moving out of state from the clinic where our frozen embryo is and we would like to have it shipped to our new clinic. A nurse at the new clinic told us that success rates were lower with shipped/transported embryos. Do you know anything about this???

Thanks in advance

[quote=musicgal]Ghost- question for you…I have one frozen already hatching blast. Unfortunately it is only a grade C but the RE said that the fact that it is hatching makes it a promising embryo. My husband and I are moving out of state from the clinic where our frozen embryo is and we would like to have it shipped to our new clinic. A nurse at the new clinic told us that success rates were lower with shipped/transported embryos. Do you know anything about this???

Thanks in advance[/quote]

Hatching is a good sign, but a low grade is still a factor. Hatching will not improve an ICM, for example. Also, check with your [I]prior[/I] clinic about whether their success rates are any better or worse with FET of hatching blasts. Some freezing protocols work best for moderate-sized blasts, not so well for hatching blasts.

I know that sometimes the embryos we’ve received were dead on arrival, but that is rare. A clinic would have lower success rates with shipped embryos for a few reasons. First, in rare cases they are harmed in shipping, although this would be a complete loss, and probably left out of any rate calculations (which are usually per transfer). It’s also possible that the clinic you spoke to is better at freezing than most, so FET with their own would have better success than FET with others. Another possibility is that their thaw/warming protocols are optimized for only their freezing/vitrification protocols, and not a good match for embryos frozen at other clinics. Perhaps all of these are at work to some extent.

Ghost- thanks for the response. I really want to believe that that embryo holds some hope for us, on the other hand, I don’t want to continue to pay for storage and/or transfer of a lost cause. It will be a tough decision to make. I am hoping our second fresh cycle goes well enough that I won’t have to think about it anymore.

The old clinic did say that they have special thaw procedures and that they send detailed instructions to the receiving clinic on how to properly thaw their frozen embryos.

Guess I’ll continue to hold out hope that our next cycle brings a BFP and some snowbabies for the future :pray:

I transferred two blast on day 5 one of which was already hatching and I got my :bfp: 6dp5dt. I’m now 26w1d :preg:. I’ll keep my :cross: that your blast(s) stick.

[QUOTE=Ghost]No. I’m not a patient. I’m on the other side.[/QUOTE]

Oh, sorry. Thanks for being on here and answering our questions. That is really nice of you:)

[QUOTE=ms.campbell0815]I transferred two blast on day 5 one of which was already hatching and I got my :bfp: 6dp5dt. I’m now 26w1d :preg:. I’ll keep my :cross: that your blast(s) stick.[/QUOTE]

Yay- congrats on being :preg: . Thanks for responding.

[QUOTE=TFobbs]I had 2 hatching blasts transferred. I think hatching blasts is very good. Good luck to you!!![/QUOTE]

Double yay. You are :preg: with twins. :cheer: :cheer:
You ladies have totally made my day. I can’t wait for it to be Friday. Good luck to you. I hope you have a healthy pregnancy and thank you for responding.

We used donor embyos that were shipped from out of state. We did two frozen transfers with them, and got pregnant both times!!! Only one of the pregnancies resulted in an actual baby to hold in our arms, but that had nothing to do with the fact that they were shipped. Don’t know if there are any studies or anything over this, but shipped embryos can go on to make babies!!! Good luck to you!

[quote=musicgal]Ghost- question for you…I have one frozen already hatching blast. Unfortunately it is only a grade C but the RE said that the fact that it is hatching makes it a promising embryo. My husband and I are moving out of state from the clinic where our frozen embryo is and we would like to have it shipped to our new clinic. A nurse at the new clinic told us that success rates were lower with shipped/transported embryos. Do you know anything about this???

Thanks in advance[/quote]

Small bump since it is the weekend.

Hi,

When I had my embryo transfer I was a wreck. Only two survived to the 5-day transfer and one was not the best quality. However, the other one was hatching. My RE said that was a very good thing. As it turns out- it was!! Best of luck to you!!

[quote=HopefulMommyWannaBe]Hi,

When I had my embryo transfer I was a wreck. Only two survived to the 5-day transfer and one was not the best quality. However, the other one was hatching. My RE said that was a very good thing. As it turns out- it was!! Best of luck to you!![/quote]

Thank you. I caved and POAS yesterday and I saw a second line for the first time. So I’m pretty excited. My beta is on Friday.:cross:

Congratulations on being:preg:. :cheer::cheer:

Congrats on the early result!!! Will pray for good numbers on Friday! :slight_smile: