Anyone try Supplements?

HAPPY NEW YEAR my fellow baby dreamers. It’s a new year and it’s going to be a rockin year for all of us. We took a brake through the holidays and we are hoping to try round 3 iui in February. My husband and I found at our local health food store a supplement called Michael’s Male/Female reproductive factor. Not the same bottle but one for him and one for her. The reviews were amamzing. Thinking of trying it. Has anyone tried it? Does anyone know if it has any side effects with clomid?
Praying for a positive new year for everyone!!

:pray: Prayers, Love and Babydust!!:babydust:

Haven’t heard of that. I would be interested in hearing something about it as well. After a forced break, I’m getting very serious again starting next month. I’m willing to consider anything that will increase my odds even slightly.

THanks for responding.lol I’m laughing at myself because i just realized realized i misspelled break.lol Anyhow yah go to the product site and read the reviews. Michael’s female reproductive factor. so far the only con is they are Horse pills.lol
Good luck to you.

I didn’t try that product specfically, but started my DH on Zinc supplements and his count/motility/morphology improved dramatically even with low testosterone. He’s considered “normal”…not perfect, but WAYYYYY better than my RE expected. Just remember that whatever you try there’s a 3 month delay…because that’s the sperm production cycle.

I didn’t try anything specific for myself except the prenatal vitamins. Sorry that’s not very helpful.

Best of luck to you!

Just a word of caution. My husband is on Clomid and his count and testosterone have both improved. However, after our 1st failed IVF, he began to take herbal supplements. On our 2nd IVF, the quality of his sperm was junk. We were shocked b/c we had made all these lifestyle changes-- his urologist informed us that Clomid and herbal supplements do not mix. I know every Dr has a different opinion but I just wanted to share what I wish someone had told us!! (We had 10% fertilization on IVF#2 vs 70% on IVF#1). My DH is only taking true vitamins now- no herbs.

Hope that helps and baby dust and :bsv: to all!!

I am on Rainbow lite this round…it has red rasberry leaf ginger along with all the other good stuff. It actually has Prenatal 1 Just1once (it has rainbow light at top and it has a ribbon of rainbow colors) and can be bought at any dept. store I am sure and is a food based potent prenatal vitamin. I was suggested this from a friend who got pregnant with twins.

I would talk to your medical practicioner before taking any supplements. I’ve been researching various supplements (such as FertilAid, etc.) and many women have found that these supplements have messed up their cycles. After reading these reviews I think I’ll stick with a regular multi-vitamin or pre-natals.

Of course always ask your dr. but I was allowed to take all these until about a week before my retrieval.
Evening Primrose Oil (I have bleeding and hormone issue) after taking this for about a month, the bleeding improved for me like 50%…before any fertility treatments.
I also took MACA and Yam, folic acid, iron, zinc, a prenatal(all of these I got organically, online stores)

But along with these…acupuncture/ massage/ yoga ? exercise and eating well. I truly believe if your body is in it best shape it can deal with the IVF/ fertility treatments so much better.

This is the first time I felt great doing everything. Well, up until the retrieval, which caused some issues but I believe it would have been worse and I would have had worse OHSS if I wasnt in such good shape mentally and physically…it is key! best wishes and positive energy to you.

[quote=Hopeful21]Just a word of caution. My husband is on Clomid and his count and testosterone have both improved. However, after our 1st failed IVF, he began to take herbal supplements. On our 2nd IVF, the quality of his sperm was junk. We were shocked b/c we had made all these lifestyle changes-- his urologist informed us that Clomid and herbal supplements do not mix. I know every Dr has a different opinion but I just wanted to share what I wish someone had told us!! (We had 10% fertilization on IVF#2 vs 70% on IVF#1). My DH is only taking true vitamins now- no herbs.

Hope that helps and baby dust and :bsv: to all!![/quote]

Thankyou for your comment. It does says on the supplement package NOT to use with clomid. SO we have no need to question now. Good luck

Thankyou…:babydust:

Yasmin Tablets

Bharatmoms - Know about yasmin birth control pills what are the side effects of yasmin?