Anyone ttc naturally!

I am in the process of saving up for an IVF cycle and in the mean time I am ttc naturally. I am in the process of trying to lose weight.

Hello,
I am trying naturally as well. There are a lot of supplements you may want to read up on that can boost your fertility and help you lose weight as well. One of the first ones you could look into is natural progesterone cream, especially if you are showing any signs of estrogen dominance or PCOS, and if you are in your 40s.

A few fertility superfoods: royal jelly, maca root, raspberry leaf tea.
Vital supplements for general fertility health: vitamins D, B complex, C, good prenatal multi. Also co-Q 10 for anti oxidant properties. Vitex is good for the first part of your cycle, but I understand you should not take it after you ovulate.

I take all of the above plus melatonin, DIM, iodine, and fertile CM

I’m 44 and was trying naturally the last two months while waiting for our last shot at IVF. You’ll see that the last 2 cycles, I’ve had chemical pregnancies. The only thing I’m doing differently now than previously is I started acupuncture 2 months ago and he also has me taking dong quai (and, of course, I’m taking prenatals). Also, in March I took soy isoflavones on CD4-9.

I don’t really know what to make of the chemicals - they didn’t stick around, so maybe my eggs are all crap. But before the last two months, other than a chemical in 2010 (and my successful IVF pregnancy), I have never seen a BFP in my now over 14 years of actively trying to conceive.

[QUOTE=essemkay]I’m 44 and was trying naturally the last two months while waiting for our last shot at IVF. You’ll see that the last 2 cycles, I’ve had chemical pregnancies. The only thing I’m doing differently now than previously is I started acupuncture 2 months ago and he also has me taking dong quai (and, of course, I’m taking prenatals). Also, in March I took soy isoflavones on CD4-9.

I don’t really know what to make of the chemicals - they didn’t stick around, so maybe my eggs are all crap. But before the last two months, other than a chemical in 2010 (and my successful IVF pregnancy), I have never seen a BFP in my now over 14 years of actively trying to conceive.[/QUOTE]

Hi Essemkay,
sorry about your chemical pregnancies. :grouphug:
:grouphug:
I just wanted to know - why are you taking soy isoflavones? Are taking it to lengthen your follicular phase? I read this why women take it- is that right?
s

[quote=shasie]Hi Essemkay,
sorry about your chemical pregnancies. :grouphug:
:grouphug:
I just wanted to know - why are you taking soy isoflavones? Are taking it to lengthen your follicular phase? I read this why women take it- is that right?
s[/quote]I took it just to see what it would do - it’s touted as nature’s clomid. I don’t have a problem with ovulation, but thought maybe it could help me have an extra target or two if I for some reason had a particularly strong LH surge. I haven’t found “nature’s ovidrel” yet, though. :smiley:

I’ve decided my last few gos be natural. The meds barely made a difference and the cost was crazy. So here I find myself.

I’m taking CoQ10, Myoinositol, Melatonin, Prenatal, Folic, Omega, Vit. D and drinking Raspberry tea now and then.

I’m considering taking maca and hadn’t heard of soy isoflavones. I’m an acupuncture junkie.

I’m feeling so much better about my decision.

Hello,

I am 48 and TTC for 6 years. Just got my beta today and it’s a failed IUI.

At my age, I am not sure anymore if there is any chance left.

So here’s hoping that taking the natural supplements will help. I am going to try the charting, too.