Anyone using Boston IVF in MA

Hi,

Doing my 2nd IVF with boston IVF, out of the quincy office with Dr. Brian Berger.

Anyone in the same cycle, would love a friend to go through this with.

I start Dec 4th!

Cindy :bsv: :cheer: :bsv: :cheer:

Just saw this post! Dr. Berger is my doctor too! I don’t live super close to the Quincy office, but I’m 10 minutes from the Waltham center, and Dr. Berger was recommended so I went with him even though his home base is further away. Looks like your ER is this week??!! The nurses are amazing and you will be very cared for before, during, and after the ER. Good luck and let me know how it goes.

AFM, I am planning a FET in January since my fresh cycle did not work. We did a selective SET and it didn’t implant. Dr. Berger says that usually is a chromosomal issue, not anything having to do with me (see signature, I have two kids but had a tubal ligation so that’s why I’m here). He is suggesting transferring 3 out of the 4 we have frozen and I am definitely apprehensive of that but also excited that it increases my chances. Their success rates with FET and very good at Boston IVF.

Anyway, I’m surprised there is no one else on here going through BIVF right now??!! I know they are a big clinic for a study going on right now that I was almost in. Regardless, hope your cycle is going well!

I start Lupron this weekend, on saturday the 4th. My fresh cycle did not work, he transferred “2” HIP embryo’s too. We only have 2 frozen. He’s decided i’m better off doing fresh over again, and being very aggressive. I started AF 6 days after transfer, so he’s going to start me doing estrogen (Estrace) and Crinone right after retreival. I’m hoping the retreival will be in or around the 21st!

I have heard he is aggressive with his patients, so I’d trust his authority on this one. It makes me feel better about my own situation actually. We are all out of pocket due to the TL so I know he’s taking that into account when he suggested three to transfer to me. I started my period 10 days after my ET/before the beta myself. I was mad that I didn’t even make it to the beta! I feel like my body is trying to catch up and normalize this month, so that’s why I decided to wait a few extra weeks.

Good luck with the fresh cycle. I’m sure this will be it for you!!!

He suggested 3 for me as well. I’m getting excited. let’s keep in touch.

Cindy

I cycled at MGH but did the mind/body program at BIVF and loved it. I also highly reccommend the accupuncture there pre and post ET. I swear I think thats what did the trick this past cycle! good luck!

Need New Re In Boston

Hi Ladies,

I am fairly happy with my BWH re but wanted to get a second opinion for my next cycle. I am looking for a doc with a lot of experience and especially with PGD. Can you please give me suggestions? I was thinking about BIVF in Waltham…

Boston IVF

I am on my second round of IVF with Boston IVF, out of the South Portland, Maine office. We had an unsuccessful round of FET in September. I am 40 so we elected to do another fresh cycle. We had seven eggs that all fertilized at high quality so we implanted three and froze four. I am keeping my fingers crossed. My only concern is that Boston IVF does not consider 5 day transfers, which might not be appropriate for me regardless since I produce low egg numbers.

ER: 2/18/11
FET: 2/21/11
2WW

I switched REs and I am currently cycling at Fertility Solutions in Dedham. The REs are very involved and they do all the monitoring themselves and they are the ones who make the calls with the instructions. The care is as personal as it gets and I couldnt be happier with them. They have 4 highly experinces REs. Dr Anania was voted one of Boston’s Top REs for 2010.

I Had Success With Fertility Center Of Ne- Am Expecting Twins In May! They Were Great!

I am at Boston IVF as well. Dr. Zymon is my Dr. She too seems very aggressive. I was at MGH before with Dr. Toth and was extremely unsatisfied with him, so we swapped.

Does anyone know why Boston IVF does not do 5 day transfers? Or is it at the Dr. Discretion?

They do 5 day transfers. I just had one. They may discourage it if you are older and are not going to have many embryos (I think they like to have 5 blasts, if I remember correctly.) My first 2 boys are from 3 day transfers. I just had a 5 day with PGD and will have my preg test on 3/8. My Dr. is Dr. Thornton, who I love. Good luck.

[QUOTE=maggie01]They do 5 day transfers. I just had one. They may discourage it if you are older and are not going to have many embryos (I think they like to have 5 blasts, if I remember correctly.) My first 2 boys are from 3 day transfers. I just had a 5 day with PGD and will have my preg test on 3/8. My Dr. is Dr. Thornton, who I love. Good luck.[/QUOTE]
Awesome ! Good to know. I asked my RE about PGD testing and she said I didn’t need it, because, I have no diagnosis, and sees no reason. So, I guess that is why she goes with 3. I had 15 mature eggs this cycle 10 embryos all top grade on day 2, I transferred 2 and froze 8. Good to know about the 5 day in the future! Congrats on the pregnancy!

[quote=tracielacie]I am on my second round of IVF with Boston IVF, out of the South Portland, Maine office. We had an unsuccessful round of FET in September. I am 40 so we elected to do another fresh cycle. We had seven eggs that all fertilized at high quality so we implanted three and froze four. I am keeping my fingers crossed. My only concern is that Boston IVF does not consider 5 day transfers, which might not be appropriate for me regardless since I produce low egg numbers.

ER: 2/18/11
FET: 2/21/11
2WW[/quote]

3/4/11 1st beta = 200+ :bfp:
3/7 2nd beta :pray:

Good luck