Anyone with CNY fertility here?

hello just wanted to ask if someone is doing IVF with cny fertility. also want to kno what are the chances with frozen embryo. with donor eggs… ??
thanks

I go to cny…Love it there. I have 2 daughters from 2 successful ivf cycles. They are wonderful there.
I have seen Dr. Kiltz in the years past and for the last 2 cycles but have now I see Dr. Greene. Just a personal preferance. I love both the doctors.
I actually spoke to Kari a few months ago about donor eggs. Even though it does not say on the stats they have nearly a 80% success with DE. And FET has a success the same or better than fresh cycles now. They thaw the eggs with Virtification so you can expect a 98% thaw rate. I plan on a FET next month.
I am 39 so it seems to be harder for success for me. Our dx is Male factor. if you want to PM me I would love to chat!

thanks michelemebelle73

hii michelemybelle73
so good to kno about ur experience there.
i want to have IVF with DE with them as i have lost 2 girls with genetic disorders. i now have only one child who is 18. i am also 39 turning 40 soon… :frowning:
i feel i have been running after this having baby for such a long time that it is getting on my nerves now.
i did my mocks and i cleared it , i donot have a fertility problem . whenever we plan we concieve but our case more genetic disease . so we r told not to have biological kids. i did co ordination with Albany clinic. after my mocks i was waiting for my periods but then had a car crash 20 days ago and in that i think due to stres or what i havent had menses. :(( never before i have been this late. they are late by about a good 15 days. i also took so many home preg tests and all were neg. now today i went to clinic for a proper urine preg test. … i just want to kno if i am preg or not. i cannot have a biological baby . if i am preg i ahve to abort it and book in for DE ivf… wow can u beileve that :((
life is a serious joke .
i was reading ur msg which said FET is also good. but i always read that FET brings in lower results.
are u considering PGD?? we asked for PGD as we want to rule out a few diseases and also prob opt for a boy baby.
did u plan to put in 2 embryo or they told u so? i so want twin babies…:))
thanks for ur reply. i am soooo depressed u have no idea. :frowning:
love

All I will say is “do your research before you choose CNY!”

Out of curiousity I looked up their SART report and with Donor eggs,
Live birth rates are 42% with a fresh transfer &
23% live birth rate for frozen transfer…

I believe the National Average for Donor eggs is at least 55% or higher, with alot of really good clinics achieving over 75%+ live birth rates.

Seems WAY too low…

OP- I just “bumped” another CNY thread on here that was pretty recent. Look there for some info also!!

Oh My! You have been through so much!!!

Well I know the sart stats are much lower. According to what Kari-the DE coordinator in Syracuse told me-the current 2012 stats are much much higher. That they are looking at up to 80% success rate.
And FET in the past was always considered low pregnancy rates. But that is too a thing of the past. The lab and thawing process and allowing your body to rest in between cycles has definately helped with FET success. I also plan on doing a endo biopsy prior to my FET since that now shows an increase in success.

I have 3 snowbabies of my own on ice. I have consulted with my doctor and he does not feel PGD is necessary.
I have been a patient there for over 10 years. They have changed ALOT over that time. I personally think they have gotten too big. But I love the personal care/emails/support I get from Dr. Greene. I do not want to bash Dr. Kiltz because he gave us 2 beautiful children. but I just prefer Dr. Greene now. I thought Dr. Grossman was in charge of the Albany facility and have never ever heard anything negative about him.
Even though this last cycle did not result in a pregnancy (I had a beta of 4) It was a great cycle. Our embryos have never ever in 11 years made it to day 5…and I have 3 snowbabies. I have faith I have the final addition to our family in there
I looked into the DE program before this cycle and strongly considered it. I think you will be very very happy. I believe that is where alot of their focus in their practice is now.
I hope that things turn around for you. I am so sorry you are dealing with so much. I understand your depression. I have horrible days as well. IVF/Infertility…all of it sucks. Nobody should have to go through this.

I second what snagel said. Their FET rates are not great at all. I had a “freeze all” cycle and had to do an FET with them not that long ago - they were already using vitrification - and they lost almost half my embryos in the thaw. I had something like 14 or 15 and ended up with 7 aftey they thawed them. Got my BFN and then had nothing left. I am happy for those that have been successful with them , however. But based on my own experiences, I would not be able to recommend them.

[quote=squidgymom]hello just wanted to ask if someone is doing IVF with cny fertility. also want to kno what are the chances with frozen embryo. with donor eggs… ??
thanks[/quote]

It’s absolutely untrue that their success rates are anywhere near 80%.If you follow boards for CNY, it’s pretty clear that there is no way this could be the case. It would be shocking if for 2012 they somehow doubled their success rates. This is the same clinic that had to suspend their frozen donor egg program because they could not get one single successful ongoing pregnancy with frozen eggs. That says a lot about their lab. Their success rates have consistently been below average for donor eggs year after year. They were at 40 % in the last SART report and are at around 42% in the current SART report. The national average success rate is at around 55%. Their FET stats are absolutely abysmal at around 20%… and that is an improvement. Sorry to be so blunt, but that is the truth. Like the other ladies said, do your research thoroughly. That being said, they can be a good low cost option. Just know that it may take several cycles to find success. Good luck.

[QUOTE=michelemybelle73]I go to cny…Love it there. I have 2 daughters from 2 successful ivf cycles. They are wonderful there.
I have seen Dr. Kiltz in the years past and for the last 2 cycles but have now I see Dr. Greene. Just a personal preferance. I love both the doctors.
I actually spoke to Kari a few months ago about donor eggs. Even though it does not say on the stats they have nearly a 80% success with DE. And FET has a success the same or better than fresh cycles now. They thaw the eggs with Virtification so you can expect a 98% thaw rate. I plan on a FET next month.
I am 39 so it seems to be harder for success for me. Our dx is Male factor. if you want to PM me I would love to chat![/QUOTE]
I am new posting on these sites. however this is the first site I found to have something in common with me. I go to the CNY in Albany and recently had a MMC. I am thinking of going forward with FET but I’m scared this may happen again. I love the service at CNY, but when looking up their stats it does not look to good compared to other centers. Hs anyone had a FET after a MC?

I have never done a FET before. This is the first time we have ever had frozen embryos. I do have a friend from high school (she’s 36) she did a IVF cycle and it was BFN. She had 2 frozen embryos and did a FET and her son is now nearly a year old.
She used CNY in Syracuse same as me. I have heard so many nice things about the Albany branch.
Good luck to you.