Anyone with DOR (Diminished Ovarian Reserve) ??

Hello,

I’m 30 with AMH 0.59, FSH 10.9 and AFC 5 on each side.
So far, I have done 3 IUI’s with clomid and 1 IUI with follistim this month - Oct. 22nd will be my 2 week mark.
For the current IUI, I had 2 follicles on each side and later had 1 good egg on each side.
However, my doctor is suspecting that my right tube is limited which means only that 1 egg on my left ovary is the useful one.

I was wondering if anyone had similar numbers and still succeeded.
My doctor told me that I have a much less chance than women of my age and that there’s nothing much I can do about it.
I feel so helpless…

I don’t have DOR but I would advise you that if you really want to get pg, and IUI isn’t working, move on to IVF and quick. It sounds like you still have some good eggs left in there and you don’t want to miss them! IVF is much more successful than IUI. I know someone who was diagnosed with DOR around your age but wasn’t pushed to do IVF until it was too late and she now needs to use donor eggs at 31. There’s still hope! If your Dr doesn’t have any for you, move on to a new Dr!

Also I would ask your Dr to check your AMH as well. It’s more reliable than FSH alone. Good luck to you!

Thank you so much for your advice. I’m on my Day2 and will be seeing the doctor again shortly. I think I should go more aggressive this time.

And congratulations to you! :slight_smile:

My AMH is 0.59. It’s pretty low…

Hi. I’m 33, AMH was 1.1 (which my RE said was slightly low). He recommended Clomid for all four cycles that we did using frozen donor sperm… nothing. The very next cycle we used fresh donor sperm (at-home ICI insemination) and BAM pregnant (although miscarried around week 5). I got pregnant again this month (an unmedicated cycle, we haven’t done any meds since March) and again used fresh donor sperm via at-home insemination. I can’t tell from your post if you’re using your partner’s sperm or donor sperm for the IUI - if the former, maybe try using a good solid at-home ICI procedure with your partner’s sperm - if you’ve been using donor sperm, know that doctors can’t recommend trying fresh donor sperm (since it’s not an FDA-approved treatment due to infection risk) but if you have a potential trusted donor handy, you might give it a try.

Also, have you done an HSG to confirm that one or both tubes are open?

I had DOR. My AMH was 0.13 when we started our TTC journey this past spring. As you can see by signature, I’m convinced the DHEA is what turned things around for us!

Lisa