Anyones Dr vague about quality in transfer?

I see everyone on here talking about their embryos that are transferred. Last Friday at my transfer I asked the quality of the embryos and they just kept saying they only freeze “5 days blasts” so they’re excellent quality. I asked if there was a way to tell the quality after thawing and they just said they were good, and explained how they use a laser to “hatch” it to better help the implantation. I was expecting a “AA, AB, BB… etc” rating, but they seemed to not know what I was talking about.

Last transfer only 1 embryo survived the thaw and they stressed how well it expanded.

I’m wondering now if that was just to make me feel better?

Anyone else not get “ratings”?

I’ve never gotten any ratings from my RE either. They’ve told me most every time that they look good. This past transfer, I thawed three and two were ‘really good’, one was ‘ok’. Really, there have been so many successes with ‘low quality’ embryos and many failures with ‘high quality’ embryos, they can’t predict which ones are going to work or not. There’s so much that factors into it working (your hormone levels, if you have scar tissues/etc in your uterus, chromosomal issues, etc) that it’s pretty hard to tell just by looking at the embryos if it’s going to work or not. If it was that easy, we wouldn’t have to go through the 2ww or even transfer any that were ‘perfect’!!!

Ok thanks - I’m just over-analyzing everything at this point. It makes me feel better that I’m not the only one :cross: