April '13 IUI

I am going to be doing IUI with trigger in April. I was in surgery March 12 and had a D & C during surgery. I am sore but I am a trooper and going back to work Thursday. I need the money as I had my Gall bladder out Feb. 19 2013. I have only been back to work March 9 & 10 and that paid my insurance (which is good) but no paycheck since end of Feb. I have good insurance and FSA with work and an HRA so I am set for the cycles :clap: I am just trying to get positive vibes and baby dust started early :babydust: :babydust: I will have :af: this week so I will be in my next cycle before end of March. Good Luck to all still in 2ww and I hope you don’t have to join me and you get your :bfp: :pray:

bumping up

Just keeping thread bumped up so others will see it when need it :clap: I look forward to getting :preg: hopefully in April or May :babydust: :babydust: to all again

Hi!! Oh, I hope that you get your :bfp: in April!! If my husband and I don’t conceive naturally this month, we will be going for our 2nd IUI in April. I should know in about 5-7 days if I have to make that appt. I will be thinking about everyone and hope that we all will get the prize!!

I will be doing my 1st ever iui in April. It will likely be on the 2nd since I ovulate like clockwork on clomid! Glad to be joining you ladies here!

Glad I found this thread too! Thanks for bumping it again! We are doing our first IUI in April. Best of luck to everyone!! :babydust: :grouphug:

Hi Ladies,
I am starting my 2nd IUI already. Went in yesterday for the Cyst check and I do have one, so I can’t use any Clomid or drugs for follicles. We will go in on day 12 to make sure I have a follicle and use the trigger shot so we have decided to proceed with the “natural” iui. Has anyone done thid and gotten a :bfp: ? Do you think it’s a waste of money? I just don’t want to wait any longer and we can’t do a cycle at the end of April because we will be out of town when the date would be. I just really don’t want to wait until May for #2. What do you ladies think?

RlizN- Thanks for postive vibes and :babydust: :babydust: for a :bfp: so you can graduate this group :cheer:

Praying & Allairious- I had some cramping with my IUIs I have had previously but it doesn’t mean you will since I had endo just may want to take some tyenol before IUI and don’t do heat afterwards unless dr. okays (heat is bad for sperm etc.)

MrsVonD- I think if you have follicles and you trigger you have every reason to get pregnant on a “natural” IUI I use google alot for research.

I will try to check in every 2-3 days depending on my workload my be everyday but just want to set realistic hopes. I will try to answer any questions and try to help any of you in anyway:grouphug: :bfp: for April '13:babydust: :babydust:

Thanks a bunch Hopeful!!!

Praying I seen that you are doing clomid
Days 1-5 quanity low quality
days 5-9 quality lower quanity
days 3-7 best of both worlds :grouphug:

I just wanted to let you know that information since you are on clomid:grouphug:

Hopeful,

Are you saying that if you are going to be taking Clomid, that your best days are 3-7? I’m sorry if thats a dumb question, I’m still really new to all this.

[QUOTE=Hopeful86]Praying I seen that you are doing clomid
Days 1-5 quanity low quality
days 5-9 quality lower quanity
days 3-7 best of both worlds :grouphug:

I just wanted to let you know that information since you are on clomid:grouphug:[/QUOTE]

Yes I’ve heard that. I don’t know what the deal is with me! I am seeing a GYN because the closest RE is 2 1/2-3 hours away. She herself has gone down the infertility road so I know her personal experience is invaluable, however I know more tests need to be run that haven’t been! So I don’t know if I have poor quality eggs or what. I pray that the iui is all I need!

RlizN
I don’t think one is necessarily better than the next, however, it is just dependent on the individual who will be taking them. If you have a problem with egg quality for ex, then 5-9 is the way to go. Just depends

Rlizn- Most doctors say 3-7 are best days just because you get better quality and more quantity. I have had 2 RE’s . They feel the best quality days are the cycles done 5-9. The best for quantity is 1-5.

Additionally, taking clomid the same time everyday has been said to help as with any medicine that you take for a certain reason. I always try to time my medicine as that is how it works best. I am lucky as I have a family member and friends in the medical field.

I got the first information from SIRM and Arkansas Fertility. I don’t go to SIRM now as they seem to be more devoted to IVF and its success and I’m just not ready for IVF yet.

Plus my RE in Arkansas has a satellite clinic in my town (an OB) so I can go there and be monitored by them and an RE. I just prefer that as far as trying to limit time off from work as I just had two surgeries within a month :grr: so trying to build up PTO:clap:

[QUOTE=PrayingInTexas]Yes I’ve heard that. I don’t know what the deal is with me! I am seeing a GYN because the closest RE is 2 1/2-3 hours away. She herself has gone down the infertility road so I know her personal experience is invaluable, however I know more tests need to be run that haven’t been! So I don’t know if I have poor quality eggs or what. I pray that the iui is all I need![/QUOTE]

You have succesfully gotten pregnant in '07 and '09 but not carried. I would have my OB or RE test for NK cells which can be associated with endo but not always. Additionally, have FSH, E2, AMH, TSH and progesterone ran. I think you will be fine after that as it will give your OB/RE a clear picture. Hope that helps.

I just got done with HSG/LAP/hysteroscopy March 12 see siggy.

[QUOTE=Hopeful86]You have succesfully gotten pregnant in '07 and '09 but not carried. I would have my OB or RE test for NK cells which can be associated with endo but not always. Additionally, have FSH, E2, AMH, TSH and progesterone ran. I think you will be fine after that as it will give your OB/RE a clear picture. Hope that helps.

I just got done with HSG/LAP/hysteroscopy March 12 see siggy.[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Do u think I can have NK cells even though I did have a successful preg in '06?

PrayinInTexas: Everyone has them, it’s a question of how much. Also, from what I’ve read progesterone helps counteract them - it could be you’re not getting enough for that.

I am in for the April IUI. The March IUI was cancelled b/c right tube is blocked and one had one follie and it was on the right:( RE said that left tube might catch it but likelyhood was low. So, we are doing things the old fashion *way this month and enjoying it. NO pressure for right days/right time. Its actually kind of nice!! My April IUI should be mid month. If that doesn’t work, on to IVF given my extremely low AMH. Good luck and :babydust: to everyone.

[QUOTE=PrayingInTexas]Thank you! Do u think I can have NK cells even though I did have a successful preg in '06?[/QUOTE]

NK cells can become elevated after a pregnancy. As Poenym said, everyone has them. It doesn’t hurt to check your level as it can cause miscarriages. I had a friend who did two IVFs and then found out she had active NK cells and caused both m/c. She didn’t have endo or anything else just NK. That’s why I suggested you getting checked it may save you from more heartache. :grouphug: Progesterone is also good especially past ovulation and you could ask for them to check your level (they usually do with clomid and if it isn’t high enough or they think it is okay with your level they may give you progesterone). :grouphug:

Good Luck Poenym

[QUOTE=Poenym]PrayinInTexas: Everyone has them, it’s a question of how much. Also, from what I’ve read progesterone helps counteract them - it could be you’re not getting enough for that.[/QUOTE]

Good luck on your recent IUI you’ve made it through the first part of the “dreaded” TWW :cheer: :babydust: for your :bfp:

[QUOTE=waitingwanting#2]I am in for the April IUI. The March IUI was cancelled b/c right tube is blocked and one had one follie and it was on the right:( RE said that left tube might catch it but likelyhood was low. So, we are doing things the old fashion *way this month and enjoying it. NO pressure for right days/right time. Its actually kind of nice!! My April IUI should be mid month. If that doesn’t work, on to IVF given my extremely low AMH. Good luck and :babydust: to everyone.[/QUOTE]

I am glad you had a baby after a Lap :clap: gives me hope. I am sorry about your tubes. I have been blessed to not have my tubes blocked. I just had Adenomyosis (in muscle endo) and endo removed. They told me stage III before surgery didn’t ask after surgery. I had endo wrapped around ovaries and in my uterus (the doctor though fibroid was Adenomyosis) and I had endo everywhere. I will be happy with one child after the years of pain and surgeries. I don’t know if I can take another LAP but I guess in a year I will see. My :af: is lighter this month and I am just so relieved. I almost feel like I’m not normal now because there is less pain. :woohoo: