April 2013 IVF

I didn’t see a thread for April IVF so I decided to start one! (Someone please let me know if there’s already one open that I missed lol). I should be starting my cycle the very beginning of April, which isn’t that far away, and I’m started to get excited/nervous about it. This is #2 for me, the last one didn’t take, so I’m hoping this one will be it! Anyone else going to be starting soon?

Hi Kendrae,
I’ll join you! I actually just started stims for my 2nd IVF yesterday. Good luck with your up-coming cycle!:cross: :cheer: :cross:

Thinking I will be in

Hi guys,
I am waiting for my AF to start a FET. Have been impatiently waiting to try again and looking forward to this month… Good luck all.
:cross::grouphug::cross:

[SIZE=3][FONT=Calibri]Hi [B]Kendrae2[/B] – Yes there is an April IVF thread going on and you’re more than welcome to join us. Either way I’ll join you here too. Wishing you all the best! :babydust: I’m starting Lupron tomorrow how about you?[/FONT][/SIZE]

Hi, I’d love to join you all too. I am currently stimming and will have my ER some time next week. I go in for my bloodwork tomorrow and will know more then.
Good luck everyone!

Joining this late…

Hi girls -
Im joining this a little late…Im 3dp3dt already!

Anyway…its been almost a week since they got 10 eggs from me! 9 were injected, 6 fertilized, and 4 were good to go on the day of my transfer (SO much better this time around!) - we transfered (2) 8A embies, and froze (1) 8A, and (1) 8B!!
I do have a few questions for you, though: Is anyone else taking chinese herbs during the 2ww? My doc told me that they dont know enough about them to approve, but my acupuncturist said that I really should take them, along with moxa.
Also: What is everyone’s supplement protocol? Im taking my prenatal, FA, COQ10, 3-6-9, and Royal Jelly…thinking of adding Zinc and L-Arginine…

Good luck to all of you!!!
N

:welcome: Nikki00fly! How’s the 2ww going? Hope you get some good news soon!

I had my ultrasound today and there are between 10-12 good-sized follies.:clap: ER has been scheduled for 16th April.

How is everyone else doing? Any updates?

Hi ladies

I’d love to join in.

We’re on our first IVF cycle, today is day 11 of stimulation. Having 2nd follicle scan on Wednesday…fingers crossed we get the okay for egg collection.

We have a great support base but I’d love to connect with people actually going through what we are, which is why I am here.

Good luck to everyone!

There is another thread but I think it is great you started another too! I stated stimulation yesterday! Where are you in the process? :slight_smile: :cheer:

:welcome:Coop and Rhubarby! Glad to see some more activity on this thread!
[B]Coop, [/B]Good luck with your scan on Wednesday.

I just had ER today - they got 12 eggs which is a record for me. Am feeling bloated and have some pain but trying to avoid painkillers. Hopefully things will be better tomorrow.
I have ET scheduled for 18th April.
Where is everyone else in their cycle?

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Hello [B]wantbabiesnow [/B]– Awesome ER! 12 count is great. How many days did you take of off work for your ER? Good luck with your ET Thursday! [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][B]AFM[/B] - I’m starting stims tomorrow with a possible ER 4/27.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote=Webelieveinmiracles][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Hello [B]wantbabiesnow [/B]– Awesome ER! 12 count is great. How many days did you take of off work for your ER? Good luck with your ET Thursday! [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][B]AFM[/B] - I’m starting stims tomorrow with a possible ER 4/27.[/SIZE][/FONT][/quote]
I was happy with the 12 eggs too but just found out that only 7 fertilized normally. :frowning:
Unfortunately I don’t have a job at the moment, although on the bright side it does save me from having to give explanations about taking time off, to people at work.
Good luck with the stimming! :flower:

[SIZE=3][B][FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’]Wantbabiesnow[/FONT][/B][FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’] – Fertilization of 7 is still good! Will you do a 3dt and will you transfer two? Sorry for all the questions. My RE said to expect: ½ of my eggs to fertilize normally and the other ½ to be chromosomally normal. I’m guessing I’ll have a hand full of normal embryos maybe 7-10 if I’m super lucky. Guess all we can do is :pray:[/FONT][/SIZE]
[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3]Good luck with your upcoming fertilization report. I’m assuming they will tell you how many are good/great for transfer/freeze? [/SIZE][/FONT]

[B]Webelieveinmiracles, [/B]thanks so much for replying both here and on my other thread. I have ET today and am hoping to transfer two, but the doctors here seem to be really conservative and the ultimate decision is up to them (I live in Sweden). I will get a more detailed report of how my embryos are doing as well, today.

Good luck to you too and I don’t mind the questions at all :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=wantbabiesnow]I was happy with the 12 eggs too but just found out that only 7 fertilized normally. :frowning:
Unfortunately I don’t have a job at the moment, although on the bright side it does save me from having to give explanations about taking time off, to people at work.
Good luck with the stimming! :flower:[/QUOTE]

7 is still really good! :slight_smile: and you are lucky you don’t have to try and come up with the reasons I need to leave for work. My boss knows but I haven’t told those that work for me as it is a little to personal to me. Keep us updated with your progress! When is your beta scheduled?

[QUOTE=Webelieveinmiracles][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3]Hello [B]wantbabiesnow [/B]– Awesome ER! 12 count is great. How many days did you take of off work for your ER? Good luck with your ET Thursday! [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][B]AFM[/B] - I’m starting stims tomorrow with a possible ER 4/27.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

We are close to the same schedule! I am on day 6 of stimulation and they are targeting April 25th for ER… :slight_smile:

Hi ladies

Well I had my egg collection today. 8 eggs collected. My FS was very pleased with that result - ‘not too low, not too high’ as she put it. She has been concerned about OHSS the whole time so I guess it’s good.

I find out tomorrow how many fertilise - I’ve been told the same thing - expect it to halve. So fingers crossed for 4. 8 is my favourite number and tomorrow is my birthday, so I’ve got a little bit of superstitious hope floating around!

How are you all going?

I’m still new to this forum stuff, so I hope I’m doing all correctly…I’ve now subscribed to this thread, so I hope that means I’ll be notified when there are changes?

Hugs to you all.

[B]Webelieveinmiracles[/B], [B]Rhubarby[/B]: Thank you for your support! On transfer day I found out that only 10 of the 12 eggs retrieved were mature, which means that 70% fertilized! (The nurse had neglected to inform me about the 2 immature eggs when I called to ask how many had fertilized).
But as usual, our embryos were only of average quality and the transfer process was quite traumatic. It took longer than 40 mins, 2 doctors, multiple catheters and god-knows-how-many attempts to finally get the catheter into my uterus. As if the pain and discomfort were not enough, they also adjusted the chair I was in so that I was basically lying with the upper part of my body slightly below my torso. Not fun at all!
I am just hoping that it worked this time - don’t know if I can do this again :frowning:

Anyway…
Good luck to both of you with your stimming and upcoming transfers :slight_smile:

[B]Coop:[/B] :cross: that you get some great embryos. Will you be doing a day-5 or day-3 transfer?

[B]Kendrae2, Sarahjanebella, Purplemoose, nikki00fly[/B]: Any news?

2ww

Hey everyone. I’m new to the thread and wanted to share my experience. I’m currently in the 2ww and so many emotions are going thru me. This is my first ivf cycle due to male factor. Stims weren’t fun but went as expected until only 6 eggs fertilized out of 11 retrieved. By day 5, only 1 made it to blastocyst. We were disappointed but RE says the one that made it was grade 1AA (best possible at our clinic). Anyone have luck with just transferring one at day 5? Any suggestions on how to stay positive thru all this??

Rhubarby - how are you feeling today? It’s day 4 of my stims & I woke up early to take my meds. I want to make sure I stay on schedule. Will you be prescribed PIO?

Wantbabiesnow - I’m sorry for the horrible transfer experience. Did they ever do a mock transfer on you? And were you given pain meds? I had a mock transfer and I’m hoping my transfer is a quick 15-20 min. Stay positive & best wishes!

Hopingforababy - my suggestion would be to stay busy during your 2ww. When will you poas? Good luck & keep us updated.