April 2013 SPRING FETers

Yes, so early. I’m getting excited about my own FET in April. I’ve been stalking the boards (in a healthy way :nerd: ) and I was wondering if anybody else is out there? When you’re ready, I’d love to meet you!

:cheer:

Just in time! I am thinking FET late April or early May. I really (and I mean - REALLY) need a vacation, and it looks like we will go early April to FL.

I am mostly freaking out about twins. One two-year old is a handful aleady!

I believe we are going to be doing our 2nd FET this April. May end up changing it to May but that’s only if we are short on funds :slight_smile: so for now I’d love to join you ladies!!

By accident I clicked on this thread, I thought would be rude not to leave a comment.

I want to wish you ALL good luck, how beautiful to “make” a baby (or babies hehe) in the Spring ;o)

Alexis.

Lexis - congratulations and happy pregnancy to you! :preg:

Booked our vacation today :clap: My DH is already freaking out at the possibility of more kids! We have no family in the country, so it’s not super easy. Yet, others are doing it somehow :nerd:.

hi ladies!!! Thanks for starting up the thread!! i’m getting ready for an early april FET — we were going to do Jan, but i wasn’t ready yet, i’m glad i waited…

child mentioned

I just weaned my daughter in November, so i wanted my hormones to settle a bit before starting up another FET. April 3 or 4th is the plan… i’m SUPER excitied but nervous, i had a rough pregnancy with my daughter and so i’m nervous mostly about having a similar pregnancy with another child…

So - here we are… i’m just waiting for my period to start (in the next few days) and then i’ll start BCP and get my schudule. NewEnglander - when will your transfer be in April?

Here’s to lots of baby dust and sticky vibes!!!

WOW! I don’t check the site for a few days and look at all my April friends starting to drop in. I am so glad to have a few gals to do this with.

Trans - HI! So your embies are in FL? Where are you traveling from? And is your family in Russia (Trans-Siberian?)? I’m so nosy… :slight_smile: I am traveling south for my embies as well. They are in Houston!

Misty - So glad to meet you!!! We did our first FET last August - FAIL - huge BFN. I was way overly optimistic. As my REI said, we flipped a coin and it came up tails. Here’s to our next flip!

Alexis - If you ever should stop by again… congrats on your BFP! Hopefully we will be in your shoes soon!

Jules - Hello! I think it is for the best to let those bf hormones run dry - no pun intended :slight_smile: - before trying again. I’m excited about your early April FET! Mine is not until the end of the month. I’m curious about your tough pregnancy… My last was eventful too!

AFM: I updated my PAP last week. Super fun as always. Next Tuesday I will meet with my new local REI who will hopefully be able to do a hysteroscopy STAT. It’s so much of a challange to have to fly to your embies and prepare at home… As if I needed it to be more difficult, expensive, etc. If she can’t do the hysteroscopy in the next 3 weeks… I might be SOL for an April transfer. We are hoping to do the transfer on the 26th-ish because my 7yo will be on spring break and we can make a lovely trip of the whole thing. … here’s hoping… :slight_smile:

oh, yeah…

And may we all multiply like rabbits this spring! Ha, ha! Hence my luck rabbit (with feet) avatar!

already love you all!

Hi, my embies are in OH, keeping them close to me :slight_smile: Going to FL for a little R&R. Hoping to convince my DH to leave the almost 2 y.o. with a sitter for a few hours while there. He is a total helicopter dad! The fam is in Siberia, you are right on. For both of us, actually.

I will have to talk to a reproductive nurse from the insurance first, before talking to the dr. New procedures (of course!). My RE is on their good list, though, so no worries there, will just have to answer a bunch of stupid questions, and listen to a lecture on dangers of reproductive technologies. Oh, well, at least, they will cover two more cycles.

happy weekend!!
Hi misty, new englander, and trans!!
i couldn’t imagine being so far away from my embies… they’re only like 45 mins away and i do think of them… is that weird? LOL

new englander - i see you had bedrest during your pregnancy - i was on bedrest for the 1st trimester due to lots of bleeding, which i went to the ER for at 6wks, i wasn’t cramping so i thought maybe i was bleeding internally or something tore or something since i had a lot of pressure in my bum… anyways, i ended up with a subchornic(sp) bleed, bedrest for 3 months, then had GD, oh and high blood presurre, so i was on meds for that, around 30 wks i had a biposy on my thyroid to see if a growth was canerous (thankfully it was bengin), at the end i had low fluid, so i was induced at 38wks, turns out baby was HUGE (9lbs 10oz (she was supposivly around 8lbs the day before)) she was in the nicu for a while due to complications from the GD - she got low sugars, and jaudinace… i bleed a lot in the birth, signed papers for emergency surgery since they also had to manually remove my placenta - thankfully, my body took care of things and finally stopped bleeding and i didn’t need surgery. Obviously, with my daughter here, i’m afraid of delivery - i never thought i was in danger, or realized how bad it was until after the fact… anyways that was a short version of my pregnancy.

That being said - i’m super excitied for round 2, but i’m nervous too…I’m working out as much as i can now and eating healhty (although i did that before too and the dr said that i can be 100 lbs and super healhty and can still get the GD) Trying to clean up and declutter now so i don’t have to worry about that later and just getting ready. On a side note - my sister and co worker are both pregnant right now - sister is due in June, co worker in july… let’s hope the FET works! :slight_smile:

What are you all doing in preparing for the upcoming cycle…

Siberian - Oh, just a vacay in FL. Well, that will be nice! It’s so nice to have insurance to cover your costs! We are all out of pocket, but it’s small beans in the long run. These little darlings are pricey! :wink:

Jules - Yep. I also had a subchorionic hemorrhage with my little IVF baby. My MFM told me (after the fact, of course) that he’d never seen a pregnancy come to term with an sch the size mine had been in early pg. I see so many of them with IVF/FET pgs. Maybe it’s the aspirin regimen? My RE told me I could stop aspirin after my 1st ultrasound if I was worried. …and I think I will. It’s so scary when you just start pouring blood!!! and I do not wish to repeat 7 months on my left side and showers every third day. Which is not to say my DD wasn’t worth it all. I’m sure you feel the same and I’m so glad we and our girls fared well. :slight_smile: My SIL is also due in June! I will be staying with them while we are in Houston for our transfer. I am hopping her baby dust blows my way. haha!

I am so excited, too! I’m in the process of giving up caffeine. My morning joe will be the hardest to finally give up, but I’ve switched to all decaf teas. I am going to start acupuncture in March. I am exercising (running on my treadmill) a few times a week. …What else… Taking vitamins of course - Just daily, D, calcium, fish oil.

Anybody have any tea suggestions? Raspberry is good for circulation around the uterus… any others you know of?

well ladies, i had my 3day ultrasound and bloodwork… started BCP and ordered meds!!! ah, ti’s really happening. I’m also pay out of pocket so i just wrote the biggest check EVER!! :wink: Pricey indeed, but worth every single penny.

I don’t know anything about tea - sorry… can’t stand it unless i’m sick.

April 4th is my ofifcal transfer date, and i start lupron 3/4… woot!

Movin’ On!

Hi Everyone!

Just coming off my first fresh IVF cycle which did not work. I just got my beta result last Wednesday and I’ve been trying to get myself together and moving forward so we have a tenative date for a FET on April 24th.

It’s tough to get over the blow of the failed fresh cycle. DH and I are still not quite there yet but it feels better to be putting one foot in front of the other instead of lingering in that dark spot for too long.

I started BCPs on Monday evening (thank god because I was having a horrendous period!) and will be meeting with the doc next week to do an exam etc. and find out more about the FET.

Glad to be apart of this group! I found the IVF forum to be really supportive on this site so thought I would jump in with you guys.
:flower:

:welcome: bbcitos, so so sorry to hear about the IVF - it can be so devestating and painful, but i did the same thing by jumping right back into it… FETs are so much easier on the body (at least i thought it was) Take care of yourself and yeah for a FET in APril!!! it’ll be here in no time.

Well I think I may need to be leaving this group and going back to an IVF. We were originally going to do another FET. But at my follow up tonight about Jan failed FET dr had decided that he would like to see us with more than 4 frozen embryos. So besides the cost of meds and anesthesiologist that we have to pay for Dr is giving us a free fresh cycle IVF and then another free FET if we need it. I was so shocked I was crying. My Dr is amazing. He feels bad cause we have spent so much money and have been ttc for so so long. He says he must see me have a baby. Then he mentioned that this way if we have plenty of extra embryos frozen we will be more willing to give our baby (babies) siblings in the future. I’m so excited and happy but not excited to be on all those meds again lol.

[QUOTE=julesfly]:welcome: bbcitos, so so sorry to hear about the IVF - it can be so devestating and painful, but i did the same thing by jumping right back into it… FETs are so much easier on the body (at least i thought it was) Take care of yourself and yeah for a FET in APril!!! it’ll be here in no time.[/QUOTE]

Hi julesfly,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I see on your sig that you also had a failed first fresh cycle but your first frozen worked…that is so encouraging! I’m assuming the frozen embies were from the first batch fresh cycle you did?

It must be so exciting to be trying for number 2! How many snow babies do you have?

I’m starting to climb out of the funk from the negative cycle and want to get myself ready for April. Do you feel there was anything you did differently on your frozen cycle for it to be successful? Or perhaps it was simply, like you mentioned, so much easier on your body without all of the meds.

misty - wow, i think that is awesome that you’re given the oppurtunity to make more snowbabies, if you need them… and at no cost - that’s awesome news. I know it sucks going through stims, but like the dr said, if you have more to choose from, you may want to have siblings some day too… good luck with what you decicde to do and you’re always welcomed to post here. :slight_smile:

bbcitos- yup, i had 19 eggs, 18 fert. with ICIS, by day 5, we had 9. We used 2 right away, that didn’t work, used another 2 for our FET and got our daughter. We have 5 left and are gearing up to do another 2 in April :slight_smile: I think it worked (the FET) just cuz 1- it’s soooo much easier on the body and less stressful. I worked out consistantly up until the day before transfer, as with IVF, i was so bloated and sore, i couldn’t work out, i also got a massage a couple days before and cut my hair… i think my mindset was in a different place doing the FET, it wasn’t all totally brand new territory…kwim.
I’m super anxious about this round, but plan on getting a massage at the end of feb and again right before the transfer… Good Luck and so glad you’re on the board!

What’s everyones plans for the weekend?

[QUOTE=julesfly]misty - wow, i think that is awesome that you’re given the oppurtunity to make more snowbabies, if you need them… and at no cost - that’s awesome news. I know it sucks going through stims, but like the dr said, if you have more to choose from, you may want to have siblings some day too… good luck with what you decicde to do and you’re always welcomed to post here. :slight_smile:

bbcitos- yup, i had 19 eggs, 18 fert. with ICIS, by day 5, we had 9. We used 2 right away, that didn’t work, used another 2 for our FET and got our daughter. We have 5 left and are gearing up to do another 2 in April :slight_smile: I think it worked (the FET) just cuz 1- it’s soooo much easier on the body and less stressful. I worked out consistantly up until the day before transfer, as with IVF, i was so bloated and sore, i couldn’t work out, i also got a massage a couple days before and cut my hair… i think my mindset was in a different place doing the FET, it wasn’t all totally brand new territory…kwim.
I’m super anxious about this round, but plan on getting a massage at the end of feb and again right before the transfer… Good Luck and so glad you’re on the board!

What’s everyones plans for the weekend?[/QUOTE]
Thanks I’m so excited! I can’t believe how much my RE actually cares about our end result and not just money :). I may still pop in time to time. Thanks.

Hi bbcitos! I’m sorry to hear abt your BFN IVF. BFNs are misery. I’ve seen my share. You’ll get your big fat BFP - Hope, hope, hope - it’s what we’ve got!

Misty - I’m so glad for you that your Dr is doing a free cycle!?! That is very generous.

AFM - I had a bummer apt on Thursday. It turns out that I am unable to get a hysteroscopy anywhere in this state! My Dr in Houston is on vacation right now (returning Tuesday) and he will either have to OK a saline sonohystogram or I will be making a fast trip to Houston… which gets complicated. So frustrating! This process is all about waiting and I DON’T have the patience of a saint!

xo! I hope you are all off to a great start this weekend!

New englander- sorry to hear the frustration with trying to get your testing done - I hope it all gets worked out

Afm- ugh these birth control pills are making me sick to my stomach- I have headaches and nauseousness after taking them. I take them at night so I sleep during most of it but tonight I can’t sleep so I’m just like - ugh. I am worried about the Lupron as I’m scheduled to take it in the morning