April 2015 IUI cycle buddies

Anybody else planning IUI in April? This will be my first cycle if everything goes well. I’d love to find others going for IUI join me.

Today, I’m having a really tough day. I feel like writing it down may help. Someone suggested to me to keep a journal FOR the baby so he/she would have it to know how loved they have been through/during this process. I’m still considering it, but should this tough stuff be in there? Today, I’m anxious, scared, and feeling down. I am starting my third period since having a very large fibroid removed. It is time for me to schedule my dye test, ultrasound, and IUI. I am so beyond nervous that something else will be wrong or that this isn’t going to work. Even my poor DH doesn’t understand why I’m such a mess. He’s so positive still, even after all these years. I wish I could run some of that off on me.

My HSG test is scheduled for Tuesday. DH and I went for a long walk yesterday and he really talked me through my anxiety about all of this. At one point he said something that has really stuck with me. “It’ll either be the same or better.” Basically, this test results will either be something that can be fixed or we can move along with IUI. It’s very relieving to look at it that way. It helps to keep the hope alive!

My HSG results are normal. I am actually a little surprised, but thank God! What a huge relief to know we are that much closer. I guess I’ll be scheduling my day 12 ultrasound. Hoping that this goes as well and we’ll move to a successful IUI. I finally feel justified in the continued effort we have been making for what seems like forever.

Hey Christine! I just had an HSG yesterday, mine was also normal. I don’t know why I expected it not to be, but I think I’m just in a negative mindset lately, you know? You can see all of my information in my signature below. We are scheduled to do an IUI on Saturday morning, so here’s hoping we both have success this month!

Hi booboo. I don’t blame you for feeling negative. It’s really easy to fall into that. I try to relish the days I don’t feel negative because they are few. It’s nice to get support anywhere you can find it. Looks like my ultrasound is Sunday. I was kinda surprised they didn’t move it to Monday, but I guess there is something special about that 12th day? Possibly not to miss ovulation? Anyway, good luck to you. I hope we can be discussing pregnancy symptoms soon!!

[QUOTE=“Christine9, post: 1790031, member: 85016”] I was kinda surprised they didn’t move it to Monday, but I guess there is something special about that 12th day? Possibly not to miss ovulation? Anyway, good luck to you. I hope we can be discussing pregnancy symptoms soon!![/QUOTE]

You’re right, Christine! I was supposed to have an HSG last week but had to cancel it due to a long cycle. My nurse said there is a small window for it—it has to be after your cycle is complete (so as not to confuse any blood clots with blockages) but before possible ovulation dates (not to interfere with ovulation). So I have to wait until next month. So glad yours both came back good!! :slight_smile:

Thanks, Clove! I’m still surprised. It’s the only good news I’ve heard from my RE thus far! I hope it works out for you next month. And if it helps, I really thought the procedure was going to be painful from what I read, but it was so fast and hardly painful at all. Good luck to you.

[QUOTE=“booboo9595, post: 1790023, member: 61019”]Hey Christine! I just had an HSG yesterday, mine was also normal. I don’t know why I expected it not to be, but I think I’m just in a negative mindset lately, you know? You can see all of my information in my signature below. We are scheduled to do an IUI on Saturday morning, so here’s hoping we both have success this month![/QUOTE]
How’d the IUI go? I’m dying for an update!

Well, we did the insemination today. My RE’s office was busy! He didn’t give me too many details but from reading what people post here, I gather I had one nice size follicle in there. I didn’t get numbers on the donor sample, but we choose the bank based on my RE’s suggestion because he felt they always have the best numbers. At this point, I’m glad I don’t have to go back for a while. Now we wait…

I am crossing my fingers for you christine9 and hoping it worked for you!

Thanks, Rach!!!

This 2ww is killer! The wondering is keeping me up at night. Going to spend as much time at the beach as possible this week. Hopefully it will keep me relaxed and help with sleep.

I am dying to do a hpt. these symptoms or psuedo symptoms are making me crazy. Trying to stay busy and distracted but it’s not easy. Five days till test…

[QUOTE=“Christine9, post: 1789617, member: 85016”]Anybody else planning IUI in April? This will be my first cycle if everything goes well. I’d love to find others going for IUI join me.[/QUOTE]
Hi Christine, I am starting my first IUI this month! Praying that we both get our BFP.

[QUOTE=“lolabella, post: 1790202, member: 85262”]Hi Christine, I am starting my first IUI this month! Praying that we both get our BFP.[/QUOTE]
Hi! I can’t wait to hear how it goes. I just did my first one ever a week and a half ago. Good luck to you!!!

[QUOTE=“Christine9, post: 1790054, member: 85016”]Thanks, Clove! I’m still surprised. It’s the only good news I’ve heard from my RE thus far! I hope it works out for you next month. And if it helps, I really thought the procedure was going to be painful from what I read, but it was so fast and hardly painful at all. Good luck to you.[/QUOTE]

That’s good to hear!

How is everyone doing?!

[QUOTE=“Christine9, post: 1790206, member: 85016”]Hi! I can’t wait to hear how it goes. I just did my first one ever a week and a half ago. Good luck to you!!![/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=“Christine9, post: 1790206, member: 85016”]Hi! I can’t wait to hear how it goes. I just did my first one ever a week and a half ago. Good luck to you!!![/QUOTE]
Thank you! I can’t wait to hear your news!! Did you take any medications?

[QUOTE=“lolabella, post: 1790232, member: 85262”]Thank you! I can’t wait to hear your news!! Did you take any medications?[/QUOTE]
I did not take any meds. Our infertility has been due to zero sperm. At least so far. My RE wanted to try it naturally first with donor sperm of course. I do wonder if this doesn’t work, if I will be taking something next time. Or how many tried before we use meds. I certainly don’t mind improving my chances.
Have you scheduled anything yet? Are you planning on taking any meds?

[QUOTE=“Christine9, post: 1790233, member: 85016”]I did not take any meds. Our infertility has been due to zero sperm. At least so far. My RE wanted to try it naturally first with donor sperm of course. I do wonder if this doesn’t work, if I will be taking something next time. Or how many tried before we use meds. I certainly don’t mind improving my chances.
Have you scheduled anything yet? Are you planning on taking any meds?[/QUOTE]
Yes Christine, I have my IUI this month. I have DOR. My RE started me on DHEA and I will be taking Femara & Ovidrel and also Endometrin.