Assisted Hatching Dilemma

I need some thoughts and advice please! I have just finished a very disappointing cycle. I went to retrieval with 7 follicles measuring 16-21. My e2 before trigger was 944. They retrieved 9 eggs but only 1 was mature. We used ICSI (no male factor) and that egg did fertilize. We are hopefully doing a 3 day transfer on Friday. My clinic charges $1400 for AH. My first cycle did not make it to transfer. I had 2 eggs retrieved (one dead and one immature). On my 2nd cycle we had very poor embryos and did AH. We got pregnant but later m/c’d. My doctor is not sure if it was the SCH that caused the m/c or an chromosomally abnormal embryo.

I am not really sure if I want to do the AH. I don’t want to pay $1400 for one embryo to be hatched. If I had at lest 2-3, I would consider it but for 1, I am hesitating. I don’t know if AH is absolutely neccessary and I am so confused. We’re so devastated that so many were immature. My doctor will go whichever route I want to go. I am 32 years old. Any advice, thoughts or stories to share?

I would say its not absolutely necessary unless you get to transfer and its got a thick shell or something. I have had it on both my cycles before but this one they didn’t as I had awfully expanded and embriologist said she didn’t think it was necessary. But I trust her and se would be honest with me. I would wait to see what happens and take it from there. Best of luck!

[QUOTE=Jennjack11]I would say its not absolutely necessary unless you get to transfer and its got a thick shell or something. I have had it on both my cycles before but this one they didn’t as I had awfully expanded and embriologist said she didn’t think it was necessary. But I trust her and se would be honest with me. I would wait to see what happens and take it from there. Best of luck![/QUOTE]

I believe that only do it on 3dt or FETs. Thank you for your help. It’s a hard decision. Everything is so expensive!

[QUOTE=LoveIsEverything]I believe that only do it on 3dt or FETs. Thank you for your help. It’s a hard decision. Everything is so expensive![/QUOTE]

Not necessarily. My clinic does day 5 ah all the time and she said she would recommended if se thought it was needed.