At home iui? who knows about it or has tried this?

HI…I have just read about at home iui’s and im so excited…i dont have enough money for a fertility dr or an RE…insurance doesnt cover it…so has anyone done this?? any replies would be great!! no bashing please…this is something i need serious help with and need advise

I have known a few girls to do them at home. BUT, they are using donor sperm with washed sperm. You can’t do a at home IUI WITHOUT washed sperm. Doing one without washed sperm can cause more issues than not.

You can, theoretically, do an at home IUI…I haven’t personally heard of anyone doing one but haven’t been on this site as long other gals. I’ve heard people do do them though with donor sperm like the PP said.

Like she said it HAS to be washed sperm because if the sperm isn’t washed first the other seminal fluid that the sperm are in, if injected straight into the uterus, will cause MAJOR cramping.

Also, would there be someone else there doing it for you? It would be near impossible I think to do it yourself and it all has to, of course be sterile.

Unfortunately injecting sperm is easy…but also not.

Unwashed sperm = infection to your uterus. You dont want this.

You can however do a ICI (intra cervical insemination) meaning you’re just placing the sperm just outside of your cervix. The cervical fluid will do its job cleaning the seminal fluid. There are a lot of things you need to be careful of though. You can’t introduce air bubbles into your canal (it could be fatal) meaning the catherer needs to be free from air bubbles and everything needs to be sterile.

I believe essemkay had a thread about at-home insemination and I don’t think it was talking directly about how to do it, but if you find that thread, you might find some people who you could PM and ask for advice.

i have actually read alot of girls doing it and there was alot of successes! and most were not washed…i wouldnt put it inside my uterus but right at the bottom and my husband would do it for me…i have a few you tube videos that have step by step with animated drawings…theres a kit online and im dying to just try once…i feel like i have no other hope…i just bought a car…we dont have money to put to a dr thats the amount of a car…its just not going to happen for us :confused:

[QUOTE=chrisjez]i have actually read alot of girls doing it and there was alot of successes! and most were not washed…i wouldnt put it inside my uterus but right at the bottom and my husband would do it for me…i have a few you tube videos that have step by step with animated drawings…theres a kit online and im dying to just try once…i feel like i have no other hope…i just bought a car…we dont have money to put to a dr thats the amount of a car…its just not going to happen for us :/[/QUOTE]

Then that would be a ICI instead of a IUI. You can use a regular syringe for an ICI to put the sperm at the bottom of the cervix.