At The End of My Rope

I have been going through this for years now. We just did our first back to back IUI along with the Follistem, and Progesterone. I am supposed to start on Wednesday, I started spotting Sunday! Really??? It can’t even wait for the **** day! So now I’m told to keep on the progesterone since I am still not at normal flow. I feel hollow inside. On top of all of this, Hubby is still looking for a job. It has been 5 months since he graduated. So we can’t even afford a Xmas this year. I thought maybe if we could get PG that would make all the difference to me:-) I wouldn’t mind so much that we could not afford Xmas gifts for our family. But No…I cannot catch a break anywhere. I’m so angry at the world, and at myself!
Why can’t my body just cooperate?? Nothing is wrong with either of us!!! :grr:

[quote=BabyMc]I have been going through this for years now. We just did our first back to back IUI along with the Follistem, and Progesterone. I am supposed to start on Wednesday, I started spotting Sunday! Really??? It can’t even wait for the **** day! So now I’m told to keep on the progesterone since I am still not at normal flow. I feel hollow inside. On top of all of this, Hubby is still looking for a job. It has been 5 months since he graduated. So we can’t even afford a Xmas this year. I thought maybe if we could get PG that would make all the difference to me:-) I wouldn’t mind so much that we could not afford Xmas gifts for our family. But No…I cannot catch a break anywhere. I’m so angry at the world, and at myself!
Why can’t my body just cooperate?? Nothing is wrong with either of us!!! :grr:[/quote]
BabyMc: I can totally commiserate with you! After two years of TTC we finally get to a place where we can really be aggressive in our treatment and I finally start to see some light at the end of the tunnel only to find out my DH was being deployed to Afghanistan and thus treatment would need to be postponed until his return. In the meantime we gear up to try while he is on leave, but while on leave we discovered that he has antisperm antibodies and thus now we will have to wait until he can come home so that we can do IVF with ICSI. Money has always been an issue for us.

Anyway–today was the end of his leave so he got on a plane to go back to Afghanistan for several more months. I cried all day and on top of that I have been sick on an off for the past month.

Seems like when it rains it pours. Not only has my DH missed his birthday as well as each of our children’s, but he also missed my oldest son’s graduation from high school and our anniversary. I also broke my ankle on our anniversary and then had to deal with that on my own. I could go on and on as it has just been one thing after another, but bottom line–nothing is really a big problem when you have one another to lean on and especially when you are able to be together physically and hold each other when things are down.

Despite all–You can spend Christmas (however poor it may be) with your significant other so try to focus on what is right about your world and you will get to your destination soon enough. The fact that you are on the journey really is the important part. It is only a matter of time and you get to share that time with the one you love. What better way to spend the journey.

So you see you truly are luckier than you realize!!!

Hope this helps! :flower:

:cross: and :babydust::babydust::babydust: to you!!!

Im feeling both your pain!!!

I have my own gripes with the world as well.

My husband went overseas on duty as well. I have had to go through the FET on my own, which is not so bad, feel alone for the 2WW though. I have had no symptoms as well. Im dure for my results in an hour and scared.

Chin up sunshine. The world and choices are hellish at times. but hey, at least we gave it go and we are doing our best.

This is the last time we are both willing to try.

If my test comes out negative, DH and I have decided to travel the world and make that our new focus. Its a shame he wont be here if it turns sour, but like he says, we have our health each other and the world :slight_smile:

:bsv: to you both xx

Ahhh Bugger!

Received a negative. Well you will see DH and I out there in the world now.

[quote=BabyMc]I have been going through this for years now. We just did our first back to back IUI along with the Follistem, and Progesterone. I am supposed to start on Wednesday, I started spotting Sunday! Really??? It can’t even wait for the **** day! So now I’m told to keep on the progesterone since I am still not at normal flow. I feel hollow inside. On top of all of this, Hubby is still looking for a job. It has been 5 months since he graduated. So we can’t even afford a Xmas this year. I thought maybe if we could get PG that would make all the difference to me:-) I wouldn’t mind so much that we could not afford Xmas gifts for our family. But No…I cannot catch a break anywhere. I’m so angry at the world, and at myself!
Why can’t my body just cooperate?? Nothing is wrong with either of us!!! :grr:[/quote]

I just had the same experience, i did my iui on thanksgiving day, started spotting last week, horrific cramps and today started spotting again, i don’t even now what that means i’m just going to guess it’s effin AF showing up, early? I just told my dh this morning that i don’t feel like this body is mine. Even after i started spotting the first time, they had me take PIO shots, i only took it for two days then after another test they told me i mc. I also wanted to get pg this year, make it a nice xmas and something to look forward to as i also got laid off, i feel like the world is just working against us. i just started this whole process but if you ever need to vent you can always inbox!
best of luck to everyone :pray:

Thank you to all of you who posted. I appreciate all the support. I know were all going through this together. Most times I am very upbeat, but then of coarse I have those days where the world just looks bleak. I pray for all you girls that you get your little miracles, and I pray for the ladies on here with Husbands oversea’s to come home safely! Just having someone to talk to makes a world of difference!