August 2013 FET

Hello everyone! I am tentatively scheduled for an FET on August 1st, and I was wondering if there were others who were planning for an FET in August?

Hello adoette! I am planning on FET late july or early august. I actually remember reading alot of your posts in another group. I think we both had similar outcomes. my signature explains it all. We have ONE remaining snowbaby. So much is riding on that one. I am still recovering from the negative beta last week. this one crushed me more than any of them. Lets hope this is it for us both! :slight_smile:

I am tentatively scheduled for a FET on Aug 7th :slight_smile:

Yayyyyy!

:welcome: Michelemybelle! I think I remember you, too. So happy to share this journey with you!

:welcome: Babyaloha! I love that name!

August is coming closer every day.
Lots of baby dust and sticky vibes to all of us!

:babydust: :bsv: :babydust: :bsv: :babydust: :bsv: :babydust:

either of your girls doing endo biopsy or intralipids?

I have done intralipids for my last 2 ivf, and fet. I also did the endo biopsy for the FET. I plan on doing both again. I think the lipid IV is on nationwide shortage though.

I just looked at my schedule and I am actually scheduled for August 13th not the 7th.

Michele - I will be taking intralipids this time. Although if I can’t get them due to the shortage I will postpone. I can’t handle losing another if it was preventable with intralipids. I should be able to get them though. :slight_smile: Who is your Dr?

Adoette - Thanks for starting this thread. What is your history?

[QUOTE=babyaloha]I just looked at my schedule and I am actually scheduled for August 13th not the 7th.

Michele - I will be taking intralipids this time. Although if I can’t get them due to the shortage I will postpone. I can’t handle losing another if it was preventable with intralipids. I should be able to get them though. :slight_smile: Who is your Dr?

Adoette - Thanks for starting this thread. What is your history?[/QUOTE]

Hi Babyaloha! Sorry to hear that you’ll be waiting another week. Funny how waiting can still be tough even with lots of practice ;-). But it’ll all be worth the wait when we get our take-home-babies! :cross: :pray:
Thanks for asking about my history. Hope you have a lot of time… :-). I have been so blessed that I don’t put it in my signature (because I know how hard it is when you are struggling with loss). I ttc’ed for 12 years before IVF, trying everything else, and only having :bfp: 's that ended in early miscarriage. Then I had an IVF in 2004 that gave me my first son and a bunch of frozen Embies. What a wonderful blessing! An FET in 2006 gave me my second son–even though he only had 4 cells at 3-day transfer and his first Beta was 5!!! The prayers of my loved ones and God’s wonderful grace carried him through. Fast forward 6 years and we are back at the RE’s, praying for another miracle. Uneventful FET#2 in May 2013 ends up :bfn: . :grr: Much heartbreak, but still praying for our miracle–one last try–FET#3 in August!:pray: :pray: :pray:

[QUOTE=michelemybelle73]Hello adoette! I am planning on FET late july or early august. I actually remember reading alot of your posts in another group. I think we both had similar outcomes. my signature explains it all. We have ONE remaining snowbaby. So much is riding on that one. I am still recovering from the negative beta last week. this one crushed me more than any of them. Lets hope this is it for us both! :)[/QUOTE]
I know what you mean about still recovering… It is hard to pick up the pieces and hope again.
I find myself zombie-ing around a bit, and then I’ll suddenly burst into tears… And this next try is our last attempt, too–No pressure, though, right?
Ah well, God has always used the lesser things (like that one last snowbaby) to confound the proud.
Sending baby dust your way, with lots of prayers for a mid-August like this::dance: :thankyou::preg: :thankyou: :dance:
:babydust: :gsv: :babydust: :gsv: :babydust:

Adoette - Congrats on your 2 boys :slight_smile: Hopefully this last FET will give them another sibling. I also had 2 kids (through adoption). I hope to one day carry a pregnancy full term. I’m trying just about everything for this next transfer. I’m actually glad my transfer is a week later. It fits better in my schedule :slight_smile:

Spreadsheet

Thought I’d start in early…
Anyone with this link: August 2013 FET Group
should be able to edit this spreadsheet…
Please feel free to update your info, add columns, comment, etc!
Since I talk a lot, I’ll try to keep the link active in my signature, too…

Here’s to great beginnings this Summer!:cross: :cross: :cross: :cross: :cross:

Obsess much?

I have been reading books, doing online searches, and watching VLogs on youTube about FET and IVF-- taking all kinds of notes on things that people believe help to have a successful cycle… And, of course, some of the info is contradictory, and some of it wouldn’t be wise for me (like endometrial biopsy “scratching,” because I had a C-section in 2007)…
And I begin to wonder, is there a time when this searching for ideas becomes unhealthy and/or counter-productive? Would it be a better idea to fund something else to obsess about (at least for a little while)?
What do you ladies think?

Well arent we a special group so far…I too have two kids. I have two daughters from two previous seperate IVF cycles. I got pregnant when I was 29 with IVF 1…I did have a failed cycle in between dd1 and dd2. But I guess I figured because I could get pregnant before this time would be easier. Not so much.

Adoette- I obsess terribly. I google every success story I can find about 1 embryo and BFP…my age and success. But I find any success story lifts my spirits. I try to stay away as much as I can during the 2ww…that is when my OCD of info gets out of control!

Babyaloha-I go to cnyfertility in upstate New York. And check with Alexander’s twin pharmacy for the intralipids. I think they can put you on a list. I also do accupuncture with each cycle. I swore by it becuase I got pregnant with dd2. Ill do anything if I think it will help!

Hi Ladies! I am doing a FET with donor embryos on August 23rd. Can I cycle with you ladies?! :slight_smile:

We are having to travel to another state to do this transfer (to get the donor embryos) and I just can’t decide when to make my plane reservations. Anyone have any recommendations for me? I am afraid I will be paying an arm and a leg if I wait until later. My clinic says I can reserve now but it may change depending on my baseline ultrasound. So that is on day 1… and my transfer is day 18? I think… Not sure what to do!!

[QUOTE=Jenelle]Hi Ladies! I am doing a FET with donor embryos on August 23rd. Can I cycle with you ladies?! :slight_smile:

We are having to travel to another state to do this transfer (to get the donor embryos) and I just can’t decide when to make my plane reservations. Anyone have any recommendations for me? I am afraid I will be paying an arm and a leg if I wait until later. My clinic says I can reserve now but it may change depending on my baseline ultrasound. So that is on day 1… and my transfer is day 18? I think… Not sure what to do!![/QUOTE]

Welcome Jenelle! I wish I had some advice for you, but I find myself in a similar predicament. It is so hard to figure out when to book the plane/hotel. Last FET I just booked everything and stayed a couple days longer as a buffer, and prayed that everything stayed on schedule (it was on Pearl Harbor day in Honolulu so hotels were filling, and getting expensive, fast). Fortunately it worked out perfectly for me. I will probably do the same thing again. I have been following flight and hotel prices for about a month now, but have made the leap yet.

Oh ladies how awful to add the stress of worrying about flights and hotesl and that extra exspense. I am not much help because I flew for the first time 2 years ago so it isn’t a regular thing for me. I know the further in advance you book the cheaper and I also think if you can fly on a Wed it is a cheaper also.

My clinic also had a DE program. I looked into it but I am not sure how DE feels. If it turned out after this last snowbaby that is where we needed to go I would but I don’t know if he would. He is happy where we are. He isn’t as passionate about another as I am. I have scoured over the donor profiles and picked a girl our a year ago…but we will see where it goes. My doctor keeps saying I have a golden egg waiting. I pray he is right.

Hi ladies I’m doing an August FET too, can I join you? My transfer date is tentatively 8/12. I did yet another IVF in May with a freeze all for CCS testing. My CCS results are back and I have 4 chromosomally normal blasts.

I did an endometrial biopsy for the Beta 3 integrin test last year and it came back “not present” but apparently was taken at the wrong time in my cycle so it was inconclusive, but my RE said to be on the safe side we’ll proceed as if the test was accurate. I just did my first Lupron Depot shot today and will do another one in 28 days. I just got my protocol yesterday and if I’m reading it right, no BCPs for me, so that’s a nice change. I guess the two monthly major doses of Lupron takes care of that.

I travel out of state too. My RE is in Colorado.

Happy August!

:welcome: Jenelle, So glad you are joining us in August! I would book sooner–Not that I have any particular knowledge about these things–but I have found it easier to pay a small fee to make a change to a reservation than to make reservations last-minute and pay through the nose… Also, sometimes travel insurance helps you to make changes due to medical issues…

Alicia :welcome: to the August group! Great outcome from the CCS!! I hadn’t heard of Beta 3 integrin… I should probably look it up (even though I’m trying not to obsess… :wink:

Please feel free to add/ update info on our spreadsheet!

We are praying for an all-BFP month in August!

:babydust::gsv: :babydust: :gsv: :babydust: :gsv:

Just figured out…

That, either way things go, my life probably won’t really be sane until at least Labor Day!
Here’s to a happy Summer of craziness!

And sticky dust for all of us!

:bsv: :babydust: :gsv::babydust: :bsv::babydust: :gsv: :babydust:

Thanks Ladies! I am so excited to join the group! I joined a group two years ago when I did IVF and it really helped a lot when it was a failed cycle!

I had my ovaries removed last year because of ovarian cancer - so my transfer is with Donor Embryos… I am so stressed about making the plane reservations mostly because my lining is currently at a 2mm. I am on birth control patches to help with the menopause symptoms… and they just recently increased my estrogen dose because my lining was so thin I was spotting all the time. The increased dose helped alittle… but not a lot. So I am really worried that when I start the FET protocol that my lining will not be at 8mm before we leave for the FET. I pray that I respond well! Even though I have done IVF in the past… my body is completely different now. I pray it goes well - and I guess I just need to suck it up and buy the tickets. We are going to stay 3 days after the transfer so hopefully that will give them enough time to plump up the lining if needed. How stressful!!!

[QUOTE=Jenelle]Thanks Ladies! I am so excited to join the group! I joined a group two years ago when I did IVF and it really helped a lot when it was a failed cycle!

I had my ovaries removed last year because of ovarian cancer - so my transfer is with Donor Embryos… I am so stressed about making the plane reservations mostly because my lining is currently at a 2mm. I am on birth control patches to help with the menopause symptoms… and they just recently increased my estrogen dose because my lining was so thin I was spotting all the time. The increased dose helped alittle… but not a lot. So I am really worried that when I start the FET protocol that my lining will not be at 8mm before we leave for the FET. I pray that I respond well! Even though I have done IVF in the past… my body is completely different now. I pray it goes well - and I guess I just need to suck it up and buy the tickets. We are going to stay 3 days after the transfer so hopefully that will give them enough time to plump up the lining if needed. How stressful!!![/QUOTE]

Hi Jenelle!
How exciting to be getting ready for your Embryo transfer! Especially after all you have been through. I admire your wonderful courage. I have always had lining trouble, too, and will definitely be praying and praying for a plump lining for you! And a lovely, peaceful trip and transfer!:pray: :pray: :pray:
:babydust::gsv: :babydust::gsv: :babydust: