August 2013

HI,

I’ve been looking around to see if there was a thread for anyone cycling in August/2013…and I didn’t see one. Maybe I missed it? If not, I am cycling in August…Start Lupron 8/4 and have a tentative ER date of 8/27! This is my second IVF cycle…My first was in May/2013 and was a :bfn:
Anyone joining me in August? :cross:

Yes I’ll be starting in August also.

I have just starting the priming stage for IVF (estrace, androgel and then in two weeks I’ll be taking provera).
First ever IVF cycle will begin early August. I will be on an aggressive protocol as I have a low ovarian reserve (amh .23), and FSH fluctuates around 12.
Also the last time they checked my antral follicle count was 7 or 8.
I’ve been trying to conceive for a year and 8 months. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks after trying for only 2 months. Since then, no luck.

I’ve been going to acupuncture since last September, and have been taking CoQ10, Prenatal, Folic acid, fish oil, myoinositol, and also DHEA for the last 4 months. Feel like I’m doing all I know possible.

Fingers crossed it works…

There is a July/Aug thread already http://forums.fertilitycommunity.com/vitro-fertilization-ivf/2020215159-july-august-ivf-2013-a.html

But im scheduled for a tentative ER date of Aug 21st. Im currently on BCPs waiting for my med calendar to be emailed to me on when i start other things.

Starting Round 3

I saw that July/August message thread, but it was a little intimidating – lots of people on that thread are already POS and I’m just starting BCP. Hopefully this thread will start getting a little attention.

I started my BCP on Saturday. I take them until August 9. I start Lupron on August 4. This is my third IVF cycle. I get pregnant with IVF, but then there isn’t a heart beat. This time, I’m trying acupuncture so I’m feeling optimistic that third time’s the charm for us.

Yeah, its a little overwhelming.

I stop my BCP on the 6th of Aug and start lurpon on Aug 2nd. Maybe it will pick up in here!

Yes, I am hopping between the August/July thread and this one. It is hard to keep up with all the progress on the other one. And, so many people are way ahead of where I am at.

I will finish BCP July 31st, have my baseline appt on August 3rd, and start stim medications on August 4th.

Good luck to all of you in this thread!

Yay for August!

Good luck to everyone this month. It is fastly approaching. It is so exciting and nerve wrecking at the same time.

I am doing my second IVF this time. I just started my lupron shots on the 20th and have my baseline u/s on the 31st. Hopefully ER on the 12th! WOOT woot!

Let’s hope it works for us all. It’s our turn!

Me: 26
Husband:32
unexplained…we are both healthy as can be. TTC 2.5 years

7 failed IUI’s with injections, clomid, femara, all the works
1 failed IVF April 2013

I’m on the other thread as well.

I am stimming this week-next week with ER/ET the 1st full week of August. Well as soon as :af:, she’s supposed to be here sometime today… She’s taking her time needless to say.

:pray: for you :bfp::preg: success ladies.

bballmama - I really like the quote in your signature. Although in my case, I think it’s sheer stubbornness that counts more than anything right now.

[QUOTE=KatAnn]bballmama - I really like the quote in your signature. Although in my case, I think it’s sheer stubbornness that counts more than anything right now.[/QUOTE]
Ha! Yes, you are right. Stubbornness plays a big part in all of this! :slight_smile:

[quote=KatAnn]I saw that July/August message thread, but it was a little intimidating – lots of people on that thread are already POS and I’m just starting BCP. Hopefully this thread will start getting a little attention.

I started my BCP on Saturday. I take them until August 9. I start Lupron on August 4. This is my third IVF cycle. I get pregnant with IVF, but then there isn’t a heart beat. This time, I’m trying acupuncture so I’m feeling optimistic that third time’s the charm for us.[/quote]

hi I started Lupron tonight and stop bcp on fri. our embryos will have pgd testing and they think transfer will be 6dt on 8-26
I am a gestational surrogate and they are using a new egg donor so this will be a fresh cycle. this is my 7th IVF.
I did 2fresh cycles with my first surrogacy 1yr ago in April (baby girl born april28th)

with this surrogacy, my body tries to accept the embryos but somewhere along the way the embryos arrest. lost twins at 6 1/2wks and last 2 were chemicals.
now they changed to a clinic who does the PGD testing and they changed egg donors…hopefully they get their baby!!!

Hi,
I am going to join you all also. I went for a endometrial scratching today and start Lupron in three days, no bc which makes the whole cycle shorter.
I started acupuncture today and have been taking Royal Jelly, Usana multivitamin and minerals, COQ10, very mild DHEA and folic etc etc…
I just watched a youtube video on self fertility massage that I will start soon also.
This will probably be my last ivf cycle and as you can see I have done many and luckily had success on our fifth try. I also had one other cycle recently but I dont think it fits in my sig.
Good luck to all…

Katann: We have a lot in common :woohoo:

[quote=jazzcat]Hi,
I am going to join you all also. I went for a endometrial scratching today and start Lupron in three days, no bc which makes the whole cycle shorter.
I started acupuncture today and have been taking Royal Jelly, Usana multivitamin and minerals, COQ10, very mild DHEA and folic etc etc…
I just watched a youtube video on self fertility massage that I will start soon also.
This will probably be my last ivf cycle and as you can see I have done many and luckily had success on our fifth try. I also had one other cycle recently but I dont think it fits in my sig.
Good luck to all…[/quote]

I go for one of those endometrial scratches on thurs. ive never had it done but the new RE says they have had lots of luck with it.

Hi fellow August ladies! I should start my bcp on or around August 5 and this cycle we are doing the antagonist protocol. I wish you all the best if luck and may we all get our BFP we all desire!!!

What is that? I have not heard of that before?

it’s where they make a few scratches on the lining and it helps to freshen up the blood flow and cells growing. or at least that’s what they told me.

Looking to connect

Hello all,
I’m not sure what the rules are or what forum I should be on - i’m just looking to connect. First timer with the forum stuff as well as IVF. My partner and I have a TER date of August 1st, if everything goes accordingly.

A little background: We knew we wanted to start a family but we both had no clue that we had fertility issues until we had our consultation/baseline done about 3 months ago. So, with all that we decided to skip everything else and go straight to IVF. The doctor said that would be in our best interest.

Pamelacakes - It’s a wonderful thing you are doing. Do you have a personal connection to the couple, or did they select you from an agency? I hope your couple gets their baby – hopefully the change to a new clinic helps. You’re a week ahead of me, schedule-wise. Good luck to you!

JazzCat - Have you done acupuncture before? I’m trying it for the first time with this cycle. I’ve had about three sessions now. Fingers-crossed, it makes a difference. I’ve had two ectopics also – they are horrible. I’ve also had two miscarriages, but the ectopics were much harder emotionally. I hope this cycle is successful for you. If your full fertility history doesn’t fit in the signature field, you know you’re REALLY due for a success.

Mecila00 - Welcome! I’ve had my tubes removed, also. You, JazzCat and I have the shared ectopic history. Glad to see you’ve been successful with IVF. It’s always nice to see actual success stories. Hopefully this IVF is just as successful as your first.

WishfulHoping - Good luck to you. I think unexplained infertility is one of the hardest things to cope with. I really hope this round is successful for you.

MissingMy#2 - Did you need fertility help with your daughter? I had my son without any medical assistance, so it was a shock to find out I had terrible tubes and there was no chance of having a second without IVF. They really can’t explain how I got pregnant with my son. I’m 38, so they use chalk it up to me being younger when my son was born, but that really doesn’t explain it to me. We’re on almost the same Lupron/BCP schedule – fingers crossed this cycle works for us.

M&M - Are you using Meagan’s eggs, but you’re going to carry the baby? That is really neat. There are no rules about what forum to use – many users post on multiple treads. Your schedule overlaps with the July/August IVF thread, so you might want to check that one out, too, but it has 100+ pages so it can be a little overwhelming. This one is just starting, so it is a little easier to get your bearings with this thread. I think there is also a thread dedicated to same-sex couples trying to conceive. Good luck to you!

AFM, Just waiting for the call from the pharmacy to ship all my medications. I don’t start them until August 4, but I leave for vacation this Friday so I need the medications ahead of time so I can bring the Lupron with. It’s going to be a lot of fun dragging a cooler filled with Lupron around the country, but at least I’m driving and not flying.

With all my other cycles, I’ve told my family what we were up to. With this cycle, I’m not telling anyone. They are super supportive, but all the phone calls and check-ins can get a little over-whelming. Plus, I really have that dream of surprising everyone with a pregnancy announcement. So this cycle, I’m going to try to keep it quiet. We’ll see if I can actually handle not telling them - I am TERRIBLE at keeping secrets.

KatAnn: this couple I know personally. the baby I had over a year ago was thru an agency

M&M100412: that’s very cool my wife and I have been together for 18years and we have a 5yr old son we had thru IUI and an unknown sperm donor. now I am returning the favor and doing it for others.

our way of paying it forward