Baby clothing sizes question

Hi everyone. I was hoping some of you experienced parents could give me information on baby clothing sizes. I have new and used baby clothing pieces that I’ve separated into piles: Newborn, 0-3 mo., 3 mo., 3-6 mo., 6 mo. & 6-9 mo.

Is there a huge difference between newborn sizes and 0-3 mo? Also, would you think 3 mo. clothing would be better in the 0-3 pile or the 3-6 pile?

I’m trying to get everything in order and washed and into drawers in case I have to go on bed rest. Thanks for any advice.

It varies so much depending on the brand, but I’d put the 3 month with the 0-3s for the most part. My daughter is almost 4 months old and she’s still wearing some newborn things, and can fit in some 3-6 month things, but spends most of her time in the 0-3s and 3s. She’s long and lean.

But really, there’s no consistency in sizes. I find Carter’s run slim and short, Baby Gap runs wide and short, Children’s Place and Koala Baby run slim and long, Ralph Lauren runs wide and long, etc., etc.

Good luck!!!

Newborn is definitly smaller than 0-3 months. 3 months seems to be the same as 0-3 months. We’re in that size now :slight_smile:

I have found that the Gerber brand onesies are SUPER small. The 0-3 mo. is more like newborn and the 3-6mo. is more like 0-3 months. Also, as someone posted before, the 3mo. stuff is really 0-3. I thought it looked pretty small and looked at one of the tags and it said 8-12lbs or something like that… I had originally put it in with my 3-6 and am glad that I figured out it was really like 0-3 or I would have had a lot of clothes that the girls had outgrown! :flower:

My suggestion is to read the weight and height info for the brand. While it is sometimes off, it often runs true to size.

I’d also suggest that you listen to your OB when he/she does your ultrasounds during your 3rd trimester. I had gestational diabetes so everyone bought me larger clothes. Well, ultrasounds suggested that my daughter would be a peanut. She was 5 lbs and 9 oz at birth and was under 5 lbs when she came home desite being full term. She didn’t wear 0-3 mo clothes until she was 2 1/2 months old so she was able to wear very few of the clothes we received. I’m really glad that I picked up a few newborn clothes otherwise we’d have been in trouble. She wore premie diapers when she came home.