Bad news....heart breaking day

I can’t seem to pull myself out of a slump today after my situation taking the turn it has. CD 26, u/s this morning. Prior to u/s received positive ovulation test at home. At u/s…heart broken. It’s been a hard battle to get me to grow any decent size follicles (I have PCOS), and to get me to ovulate. Today…we finally got some to grow…but now we have too many. So many it’d be dangerous to attempt this cycle. Doctor talked to us about making a quick decision to jump to IVF, but after discussing all things, there are too many complications with this cycle to make that expensive jump. So with complete heart break, we had to cancel this cycle. We had such high hopes this time. I came home and literally cried harder than I thought possible. Why does this have to happen to all of us. I don’t understand, it makes me so sad and mad at the same time! It’s just so unfair.
We knew if this cycle didn’t work we needed to take a 6 month break. I’m trying to think of the positives, like we were finally able to get my follies to grow and proved I can ovulate. But the bad news just out weighs the good for me right now…
:frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

I’m so sorry that is awful. I hope these 6 months you are taking are full of blessings and joy, that when u begin treatment again you are stronger and more ready than ever before. I wish none of us had to deal with the heartbreak of IF. May your dreams of being a mom come true.

I just want to say I am so so sorry for you, I cant imagine your heartbreak. I really will pray for you that you will find some peace to ease your pain. It doesnt make sense why some people struggle so much to have a baby. The whole process is an emotional rollercoaster but hang in there, if there is one constant in life it is that things do work out, ultimately you will get through this and this pain will ease. I know I still cry everyday about my last pregnancy loss, and I know I will always have that loss and maybe some pain, but it does get better each day. With each cycle it is such a let down, like a loss because your hope for that month is dying - at least that is how it feels to me - but there will also be more hope. and you have hope, You got follies to grow and ovulate, that is huge! that is reason to be happy and hopeful. I know you will get through this, your in my thoughts.

I am so sorry to hear this, I can relate - also got some bad news today about canceling my first IVF cycle and right now it doesn’t feel like anything will be ok for a long time.
The good news in your situation is you can produce eggs and ovulate. This is wonderful news and right now you are just too devastated about the loss of the cycle to see it as a good thing. I am sorry this happened to you.I hope the break from this fertility madness allows you to heal. Big hugs–:grouphug:

I’m so sorry… Infertility can be a devastating process and the tears just seem to keep coming sometimes. Take all the time you need to grieve and just move forward day by day.

I hope the next 6 months fly by for you and that you get your BFP as soon as possible! Best wishes!

So sorry to hear about your hard day. Here’s a :grouphug: from all of us. Wishing you all the luck. Hope your six month break from IF will give you the energy to go through all we go through in our attempts to have your baby. :pray: for you!

I’m so sorry for your news. It is such a rollercoaster we ride. When I was told ED was my only option I cried harder than I ever thought possible also. We see babies be born into unhealthy situations every day, so when we want it more than life itself and can’t make it happen, it makes no sense whatsoever. It’s so maddening. Keep your chin up, good things are in store for you :cross:

Thanks everyone

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Thank you everyone for your care and kind words…this has been a rough couple of days, but I’m starting to come out of my funk from yesterday and think of the positive. There were some positives from this cycle (like learning at least they can get my follies to grow and get me to O), and if I focus on them…I get excited again for trying another cycle, even though we are going to take a 6 month break. During that time I plan on focusing on losing a bit more weight, and doing lots and lots of scrapbooking and crafting to keep my mind occupied! I wish you all :babydust: !!![/FONT]