bed rest and work after ET

So hopefully if all goes well i will be doing transfer on friday. my clinic says bed rest day of transfer and day after. i am wondeing do you ladies do the bed rest. i just cant imagine laying in bed for 2 days.

also its says on y paper work no lifting over 15 pounds, no vacuuming,no bending at the knees until beta. the thing is to work doing house cleaning and thats exactly what i do.

any of you that are in a similar job, what do you guys do. would it be ok if i just took it alot slower.

I honestly think the bedrest is not that critical. My clinic has a very strict 3-day bedrest policy, but I would return to light activity the next day if my husband wasn’t so fanatical about following dr’s orders. I’ve read somewhere that women in the military return to work right after the transfer, and that studies show it makes no difference.

I don’t think bed rest matters either according to research, but it can’t hurt to take it easy for the day. But taking it easy can be sitting in a recliner and reading magazines and watching TV.

But… I do think you should be careful lifting things over 8 lbs (is what I’ve heard) in the next two weeks, and also to avoid any strenuous activity (i/e anything that raises your heart rate too much- I forget the exact #s- but they are out there. I feel like anything over the 140s…i/e anything that causes you to sweat.) There has been some research to say these things could pose a risk. I don’t think vacuuming is a problem but maybe lifting one would be, etc…

I also wouldn’t want you to live with any regrets either if it didn’t work out… which I hope it does.

I did bedrest for the day of transfer, but went back to work the following day.

[quote=disneygirl]So hopefully if all goes well i will be doing transfer on friday. my clinic says bed rest day of transfer and day after. i am wondeing do you ladies do the bed rest. i just cant imagine laying in bed for 2 days.

also its says on y paper work no lifting over 15 pounds, no vacuuming,no bending at the knees until beta. the thing is to work doing house cleaning and thats exactly what i do.

any of you that are in a similar job, what do you guys do. would it be ok if i just took it alot slower.[/quote]
My first IVF I did bed rest for the day of ET and the day after. My second IVF I went to work the day after. Physically I felt fine both times. But as you can see in my signature I got pregnant with the first IVF and not the second. I also didn’t lift anything over 15 pounds until after I got my pregnancy test results. But I have to admit I’d forget about the bending out of habit.

I rested for the day of ET (which was in the afternoon) and 2 days after- didn’t stay in bed the whole time- but did for abut 4-5 hours after getting home from ET, and some the next 2 days, the rest of the time was lounging on the couch and in the recliner. Some REs offices are much more strict about the bedrest than others. (like not even being able to shower for 2-3 days) As far as the other- I don’t know what to tell you. You have to find out what you’re comfortable with- if you decide to do the things they say not to (vacuum, etc) will you regret it or second guess yourself if your cycle doesn’t work? Good luck making your decision!

I rested day of transfer and resumed normal activity next day. My RE lets you have sex if you want (not that I did) When I got pregnant with the twins I had a 19 lb 9 month old daughter to tote around and everything was fine. Just don’t overdue it. good luck.

i rested that day but i went back to the norm chasing/lifting/caring for my 20 month old dd