Beta 19dp5dt (24dpo)

Hello,
I got my first beta today (from a natural FET.) It is 19dp5dt (or 24dpo.) I got BFP on FRER at 5dp5dt, so I did not have a late implanter. My number today was 2508. This number seems so much lower than everything I am finding online. I am feeling so discouraged.
Thanks for listening!

20dpo

Sounds good to me; Congrats. My beta 15dp5dt = 2704. How many did you transfer?

I transferred 2. I would have been happy with my number at 15dp5dt, but it seems low for 19dp5dt.

When is your next beta? Maybe only one implanted? What really matters is the doubling time. You won’t know either way until your 2nd beta.
Your within range of 23dpo, could have been a late implantation? I wouldnt worry.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-fUkeh46g0vQ/UTnIxyRf3KI/AAAAAAAAAC8/TK5ZNtixBt8/s1600/single.jpg

My beta at 17dp6dt was 1828. I was worried about it too, but it wasn’t that far off the average on beta base. It stopped doubling every 2 days, and slowed down to every 3 once it got over 1200, just as the American Pregnancy website indicates. I think you’re beta is just fine. There is a HUGE variation in beta numbers. Check out an ctive thread called FET with low beta numbers. The girls there are all at the end of their 1st trimester + and some of them had very low betas. I follow that thread for reassurance that all is well, because I too stressed quite a bit about my beta.

Thanks for the replies.
It’s hard to explain–that number just knocked the wind right out of my sails. I mean, since last year, I have suffered a late miscarriage (11 weeks), a chemical pregnancy, and a BFN. This cycle really felt good to me all along, and I even started having “morning sickness” a couple of days ago (feeling nauseated like I did in previous pregnancies, but always after 6 weeks–this was even earlier than in the past.) Like I said, BFP at 5dp5dt. I was expecting a much, much higher number–at least 3500. Since receiving the result, I just can hardly even go through the motions of normalcy. This may seem like an overreaction, since things might turn out just fine. However, I think I am having some kind of IF PTSD. I was totally fine and happy, and now I can hardly drag my body around. Perhaps this sounds pathetic, but it is true.

[QUOTE=drmama]Hello,
I got my first beta today (from a natural FET.) It is 19dp5dt (or 24dpo.) I got BFP on FRER at 5dp5dt, so I did not have a late implanter. My number today was 2508. This number seems so much lower than everything I am finding online. I am feeling so discouraged.
Thanks for listening![/QUOTE]

My beta was exactly the same at 19dp5dt… My twin girls are napping as I type this :slight_smile:

Good luck to you!

Nicky, Sorry for your losses I’m sure your journey was hard. Also congrats on the birth of your twin daughters. Your story/siggy should give us all hope.

Any update? Or are they done with betas for now?

Just wanted to chime in that my beta with DS was only 1500 at [B]20[/B]dp5dt. Even with DD, who had started with a higher number, I was only at 3500, which was a bit of a slow down from what they had been.

I understand the PTSD. That’s the best term I’ve heard to describe it. Keep the faith. Hopefully everything will work out.

Update

Hello,
Thanks for all of the support. Reading your posts was so helpful!
So, things are actually looking okay!
19dp5dt: 2508
21dp5dt: 4175
Today: 23dp5dt: 10761
I already felt a bit better after Wednesdays’s number (as I had feared my numbers were already decreasing), but now I feel really hopeful! My ultrasound is Wednesday (28dp5dt.)
I’ll update again then.
Thanks again for your responses!!!

Glad to hear things are looking up! It’s such a stressful time.

Update

Hello,
Not sure if anyone is even reading this thread, but just in case:
I had my ultrasound today. Blighted ovum. Sac measures exactly right (6w5d) but nothing inside.
Things of note:

1. I have felt absolutely terrible this “pregnancy” since around 4.5 weeks. Queasy all day, appetite messed up, exhausted, much worse than previous pregnancies. Thus: symptoms are not always a good sign.
  2. I don’t know how people survive so many losses. From this IVF, I now have had a miscarriage at 11 weeks (with D&E), a chemical pregnancy, a BFN, and now a blighted ovum. So, if I have to experience every single outcome, shouldn’t twins be next? We think this “batch” of embryos are duds.
  3. I haven’t had time to process this yet. Gonna end up with a D&C, I imagine. And to think that deep down, I thought there could be twins.
  4. Infertility makes me a bad person, bad wife, and bad mother.

So sorry! I was reading through this and was hoping for the best for you. I am truly sorry.

My heart breaks for you. But please know, that your fertility is in no way tied to being a good wife or mother. Good luck with whatever you decide in the future.