Beta almost doubled but not quite?

Hello,

So I got my BFP 14dpo and did my first beta that day. It was 363. About 46 hours later I did my second beta and it was 678 so it didn’t quite double. My RE wants me to come in early for my first ultrasound and I am a tad bit worried about mis carriage. I can’t decide if I should do another beta tomorrow or not, I’m scared. Anyone have this happen and pregnancy still be ok??? Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi. I did IVF, but my beta’s did not ever come close to doubling and they thought I’d miscarry even after seeing the hb. However, I’m not 27w4d pregnant with a healthy girl. You can see my siggy below as to what by levels were. However, I did have a miscarriage about 2 years ago with IVF where the levels were strange. Can’t remember the exact number, but the 1st one was great. The second one rose only about 2 points and then then next two rose, but not much. It was confirmed a missed miscarriage around 7 weeks. However, yours are close to doubling, so I think things are looking good for now! Keep your chin up and I can’t wait to hear how it’s going!

Congrats on your pregnancy! I bet you can’t wait to meet your precious baby girl!!! :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing I feel SO much better now and more hopeful. I am just trying to stay positive and think the best. However, I am on the fence about whether or not I should do another beta tomorrow? Nurse says it’s up to me. She says if it will make me feel better to go ahead but if the numbers don’t double again and it will freak me out than maybe I shouldn’t. What do you think?

I’m not sure if I’m supposed to reply via comment under your post or post a reply so I did both. :slight_smile: Congrats on your pregnancy! I bet you can’t wait to meet your precious baby girl!!! Thanks for sharing I feel SO much better now and more hopeful. I am just trying to stay positive and think the best. However, I am on the fence about whether or not I should do another beta tomorrow? Nurse says it’s up to me. She says if it will make me feel better to go ahead but if the numbers don’t double again and it will freak me out than maybe I shouldn’t. What do you think?

I’m not sure if I’m supposed to reply via comment under your post or post a reply so I did both. :slight_smile: Congrats on your pregnancy! I bet you can’t wait to meet your precious baby girl!!! Thanks for sharing I feel SO much better now and more hopeful. I am just trying to stay positive and think the best. However, I am on the fence about whether or not I should do another beta tomorrow? Nurse says it’s up to me. She says if it will make me feel better to go ahead but if the numbers don’t double again and it will freak me out than maybe I shouldn’t. What do you think?

Oh man, I don’t know! If it was me, I’d want that beta. I’ll always take as many as I can get. But, it’s your choice. When would your ultrasound be and how far along would you be at that time?

I want it but I’m scared lol. My ultrasound is scheduled for the 30th and I will be 6 weeks.

Thank you so much! I’m trying not to stress but it’s so hard!!! I just got my third beta and it is 1181 a 74% increase after 45 hours. Waiting to hear from RE’s office. I hope they can ease my mind. I’m so nervous. After losing my triplets and then miscarrying after that it’s so hard not to be scared. I’m trying my best because I know it’s not good. Thanks for your encouragement. In my heart I feel that everything will be ok. So :cross:! And lots of :pray: :nerd:

I still don’t know if I’m supposed to reply here or click reply to post…ha ha…anyway I clicked reply to post and replied there. Thanks :slight_smile:

3rd beta after 45 hours 1181 74% increase. Still nervous!!

Great to hear your beta is still rising! I can’t wait to hear about your ultrasound…the 30th seems so far away!

Thanks :slight_smile: I know! It’s going to to feel like an eternity!!! I’ll just have to try and keep busy.

I think betas are just another form of torture! My betas only doubled every 3 days (instead of 2) and my pregnancy turned out to be fine. Good luck!