Beta only went up 72% and are low

Hi everyone,

12dpiui my beta was 16.
16dpiui (intervening weekend made them unable to test) was 46.

I am going back tomorrow, trying to stay calm… but I am so scared and sad.

I only have one working ovary and am 42. DH was dx’d with low count and morphology. They only agreed to do the IUI because I had already taken Clomid this cycle and had my tube flushed! Otherwise, they said we had virtually no chance without IVF (which we cannot afford and our insurance doesn’t cover). We were prepared for a BFN so this was such a shock, and the waiting and worrying is torture.

It seems so tenuous, if anyone has words of support they’d be greatly appreciated.

I believe your beta should double every 2-3 days (48-72 hours). Looks like your HCG doubled per the numbers and days past IUI you provided. I hope you get better results tomorrow to calm your fears. Stay strong and faithful! :bsv: Oh yeah and congrats on the :bfp:.

your doubling time is like 63 hours which is right where is it suppose to be. I think you are fine hun! :slight_smile: Congrats

[quote=RobinDAZ]Hi everyone,

12dpiui my beta was 16.
16dpiui (intervening weekend made them unable to test) was 46.

I am going back tomorrow, trying to stay calm… but I am so scared and sad.

I only have one working ovary and am 42. DH was dx’d with low count and morphology. They only agreed to do the IUI because I had already taken Clomid this cycle and had my tube flushed! Otherwise, they said we had virtually no chance without IVF (which we cannot afford and our insurance doesn’t cover). We were prepared for a BFN so this was such a shock, and the waiting and worrying is torture.

It seems so tenuous, if anyone has words of support they’d be greatly appreciated.[/quote]

Just wishing you well and :pray: everything goes perfectly for you. Don’t give up and don’t drive yourself crazy (if possible)…let us know what you find out!!

Update

Got my beta, 18dpiui was 106! Good enough for me!!! They want to do blood work every 2 days for a while longer, but I am going to stay calm!!

I had my son via IUI + Clomid back in 2006, with only one ovary working sometimes, insulin dependent diabetes, one miscarriage and some really good donor sperm.

In 2009 I tried again-- shots, etc but couldn’t ovulate. It was heartbreaking.

My husband and I just got married-- turns out my ovary is now working like a champ but he had significant sperm issues. We were told there was essentially no chance without IVF. This is a medical miracle for us and I am just so scared to lose it.

Thank you all SO MUCH for the kind words- the RE nurses are so freaking reserved.

I’ll post again when I get Friday’s results!! OMG-- I am actually BFP!!!

I’m so glad to see that your levels are going up and doubling! I really hope this works out for you. I’ve had my own experience with cautious nurses at the RE’s office. I know they are trying to protect us from getting too excited, but it really doesn’t help someone stay optimistic or hopeful when the nurses are such downers about it. One nurse even made notes on my appointments so the message would print out on the sticker they would put on my chart that they’d give to me at check-in “repeat hcg - hcg levels are too low and not doubling” and I’d sit and stare at that while waiting for my blood draw. Like I needed the reminder.

I pray that your levels continue to increase. This baby has already proven it can beat the odds!! :babydust:

I hope your betas continue to rise just like they should! :babydust: :bsv:

[SIZE=3][B][FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’]RobindAZ – :clap: [/FONT][/B][FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’]I’m glad you got better results and your beta is rising! I’m super happy & excited for you. Please keep us updated on your :preg: success! [/FONT][/SIZE]

Beta went up to 286!!! Almost tripled, and the nurse said it was right where they’d like to see it! One more beta on Monday, and then they will schedule the u/s!!!

YEAHHHHHHH!!!:clap: :bsv:

Well, we are still on the beta hell roller coaster.

12dpiui 16
16dpiui 46
18dpiui 106
20dpiui 288
23dpiui 539
24dpiui 721

24dpiui u/s showed two dark spots that could be sacs but was too early to tell.

I am scheduled to go back in 3 days for another u/s and, if indicated, another beta.

I am so sad and worried. I should be over 1000 by now.

Try to stay calm. Worrying is bad for your health. Think positive! I’m wishing you nothing but the best.

Sending positive thoughts and prayer your way!:babydust:

I am really trying to stay calm/positive. I am fortunate I can work from home for a few days, which lessens my stress considerably and let’s me rest more and stay hydrated- nothing else I can really do, and let me tell you how much I live not being able to control or direct things!!

If nausea is any indicator, baby is fine. :slight_smile:

Blood work and u/s #2 tomorrow, I’ll be 6wks exactly

Praying you get good news tomorrow! :bsv:

My beta dropped and they didn’t see anything on the ultrasound :frowning:

[QUOTE=RobinDAZ]My beta dropped and they didn’t see anything on the ultrasound :-([/QUOTE]

Aw I’m so very sorry. :frowning:

@timetotest. Good luck with your 2WW!!

Oh, ****. Sorry, dear :(:grouphug:

[QUOTE=RobinDAZ]@timetotest. Good luck with your 2WW!![/QUOTE]

thanks robin!