Beta Question

I need some advice and am going throught a mix of emotions . My nurse called me to tell that my beta is 29(it’s 11dp3dt). This is my fourth ivf and I am happy that i got a positive hcg but a bit worried as the nurse told me that the numbers are low and they would expect atleast greater than 50.

Can you guys tell me if there any positive stories starting with 29. is that too low?. Is it something to be worried about. I am asked to go for a seconmd beta on wednesday.

I had 3 embryos transferred which I was told were of good quality.

You can go to betabase.info to find information about beta levels. I know that your numbers are low, but as long as they are doubling as expected, I wouldn’t worry. Wait until after the second one to know for sure. My first beta was only 54 with twins. Hope yours doubles!

WAIT FOR THE SECOND BETA,YOU HAVE POSITIVE RESULT,EVERYTHING WILL BE GREAT
STAY POSITIVE:cheer:

[quote=bgolla]I need some advice and am going throught a mix of emotions . My nurse called me to tell that my beta is 29(it’s 11dp3dt). This is my fourth ivf and I am happy that i got a positive hcg but a bit worried as the nurse told me that the numbers are low and they would expect atleast greater than 50.

Can you guys tell me if there any positive stories starting with 29. is that too low?. Is it something to be worried about. I am asked to go for a seconmd beta on wednesday.

I had 3 embryos transferred which I was told were of good quality.[/quote]

My first beta was 38. My re liked to see anything over 25. Its not so much the initial number but what it does.Please try and stay positive and remember its positive and you are :preg:

Thank you everyone for giving me hope. :pray: for a strong second beta.

Thank you everyone for giving me some hope.

:pray: for a strong second beta.

Hi,

Good Luck…

you can see from my signature mine was lower, it was so scary and I know how you feel but all you need is for it to double every 72 hours!

Best wishes and lots of :pray:

[quote=bgolla]I need some advice and am going throught a mix of emotions . My nurse called me to tell that my beta is 29(it’s 11dp3dt). This is my fourth ivf and I am happy that i got a positive hcg but a bit worried as the nurse told me that the numbers are low and they would expect atleast greater than 50.

I had 3 embryos transferred which I was told were of good quality.[/quote]

29 is a little low for that point, but not all that low. I’ve seen many live births after hCG levels lower than yours at that point.

Higher would be better, of course, but you still have a very decent chance.

hi,

my hcg level is 17 and am going for 2nd beta tomorrow. keeping my fingers crossed

[quote=daff12]hi,

my hcg level is 17 and am going for 2nd beta tomorrow. keeping my fingers crossed[/quote]

THINKING OF YOU WITH ALL MY HEART

[B]daff12: :pray: for you and good luck. [/B]

I have a beautiful almost 3 year old boy from my first IVF cycle in which my first beta (9dp5dt or 14dp ER) was only 21. They also said it “should” be at 50 at 14dpER. I was told to be cautiously optimistic. Well, my numbers started to triple, in 48 hours, after that. One cycle buddy at the time had a 22 for her first beta and she ended up being pg with twins, if you can believe that!! So, healthy pregnancies can and do happen from initial low betas!! :pray: for your numbers to go up, up, up!!!

beta update

thak you very much all of you. my 2nd beta was 58 today. praying and hopeful

Lost and crying

My 3rd beta came today at 141. below are my beta levels

11/22: 1st beta: 29
11/24: 2nd beta: 67
11/30: 3rd beta: 141

My Nurse said we cannot tell anything with those numbers as they expected them to be way above 500 atleast today.
Any hope or advice from ladies?

any hope for me?

My 3rd beta came today at 141. below are my beta levels

My Nurse said we cannot tell anything with those numbers as they expected them to be way above 500 atleast today.
Any hope or advice from ladies?

[quote=bgolla]My 3rd beta came today at 141. below are my beta levels

Any hope or advice from ladies?[/quote]

I don’t know what she is talking about ,you are:preg:.Your beta is double and everything is great
Stay positive
YOU ARE:bfp::cheer:

Thanks toni4veka for the reply but I have 6 days between 2nd beta and 3rd beta and the levels have not doubled for 2-3 days normal ranges

That’s a 30% growth in 48 hours, which is low. There are really no other options than wait and see. Good luck! :cross:

devastated

first beta 17
second beta 58
third beta 145
fourth beta 403

Had an ultrasound at 5 weeks due to some spotting and the doc could see nothing in the uterus.

There was absolutely nothing in the uterus. I am really dissapointed and very hurt and upset.

Stopped all medications and have been having some bleeding since yesterday.

Why did this happen to me???

[quote=daff12]first beta 17
second beta 58
third beta 145
fourth beta 403

Had an ultrasound at 5 weeks due to some spotting and the doc could see nothing in the uterus.

There was absolutely nothing in the uterus. I am really dissapointed and very hurt and upset.

Stopped all medications and have been having some bleeding since yesterday.

Why did this happen to me???[/quote]
I am so sorry Daff,I know how you feel :("
I am so sad because of you.
Stay strong
HUG

Second ivf

10 antral follicle count
diluted lupron 20 units twice daily from 11-19-2010
11-21 ovarian stimulation Gonal f 450,low dose of hcg 6 unit and baby aspirin
11-24 ultrasound 10 follicle e2=20
11-27 ultrasound 10 follicle e2=1061
11-29 ultrasound 10 follicle e2=2345 (left l1-16;2-14;1-11;1-10 right 1-16;1-14;1-11;2-10)
Before trigger 3p.m. 450 gonal F and 11:10 p.m trigger
12.1.2010 Retrieve 7 eggs

12.2.2010 6 eggs fertilized
:pray: