Beta rising, progesterone dropping

I got a good beta on 10dp5dt and progesterone was 72. Two days after, my beta almost tripled but progesterone dropped to 51. Im on 2cc shots and once a day suppositories. I’m very worried about this. I always thought that beta rising is only important, but then I started reading and got worried. I sent my dr. an email, but still no response. Anyone has any idea about this?

Dear Cosmopolitan, after i read your post I did some research and although you say that progesteron dropped, from what I have read, some people had much much lower progesterone than you and had to adjust dosage. It is smart to keep an eye on it but try not to worry. As i told you, your posts have caught my attention because you seem to be very knowledgeable and proactive. I think you are doing everything you can and asking questions. It is good that you emailed your doctor. He will know what to do. I am sure he has had a ton of patients with similar experience. So, try to find a way to relax a bit if possible. Throughout my life. I have learned that we cannot control everything but we have to find peace within ourselves especially when we know we did everything in our power. Congrats on your good beta. I am sending you more positive energy and prayers.

Dear Cosmopolitan, after I read your post I did some research and although you say that progesteron dropped, from what I have read, some people had much much lower progesterone than you but still it was ok in the end (I think you can ask your doctor about the shots and suppositories and whether you need to adjust dosage, just an idea). It is smart to keep an eye on it but try not to worry. As i told you, your posts have caught my attention because you seem to be very knowledgeable and proactive. I think you are doing everything you can and asking questions. It is good that you emailed your doctor. He will know what to do. I am sure he has had a ton of patients with similar experience. So, try to find a way to relax a bit if possible. Throughout my life. I have learned that we cannot control everything but we have to find peace within ourselves especially when we know we did everything in our power. Congrats on your good beta. I am sending you more positive energy and prayers.

Apparently, your nutrition also can affect progesterone. Maybe eating organic products and veggies can help =). Good luck. Found this: Naturally Boosting Progesterone 1. Progesterone, like all other steroid hormones, is synthesized from pregnenolone, which in turn is derived from cholesterol (source) so making sure you have adequate consumption of dietary cholesterol is very important. 2. The herb vitex is also helpful as it works to lower estrogen and raise progesterone simultaneously. 3. Turmeric, found in curry, is known to help increase the body’s progesterone levels. Other herbs such as thyme and oregano are thought to have the same properties. (source) 4. Increasing the intake of foods rich in vitamin B, specifically B-6 5. A diet low in conventional meats and animal products, as many times the hormones given to them act as estrogens in the body. Choose organic and preferably grass-fed products. 6. Don’t use plastics, canned foods, or conventional cleaners and beauty products. Most of them contain estrogen like compounds that cause a body to be estrogen dominant. 7. Ensure enough magnesium intake. (I’ve been using a magnesium oil) 8. Eat plenty of protein each day with each meal – hormones need protein for production. 9. Consume plenty of vegetables, fruits, and especially dark leafy greens. These micro-nutrients are important for progesterone production.

Hope M Thank you for taking your time to google some of the solutions! I know my progesterone is still high, but what concerns me is a sudden drop-reasons behind it. I hope my dr. Will reply and tell me whay he thinks is going on. I hope all will turn out well, God willing.

My doc only ever checks progesterone at the first beta. Your body is actually using the progesterone that’s why it’s so important. I think that everything is likely just fine. If you are worried you can add in an extra suppository but you are on plenty of progesterone. Hope you hear from your doctor soon! ps don’t take vitex during pregnancy. :slight_smile:

I meant to say that the drop is probably because your pregnant body is using more of it. Wish we could edit!

@Knopduch Thank you for the information and for advice:)

You are welcome. Hope you are doing well and let us know if you heard back from your doctor. It is so much easier to find info online these days but at the same time it can be dangerous since we can read a lot of things that may not even apply to us but because we are worried, we find similarities and worry even more. Taking care of yourself physically and mentally is the most important right now. Make sure you sleep enough as well. Take care.

The dr.said it was ok since levels are high anyhow. He rejected a thought of adding more suppositories. Next test is on Monday and we will see. Thank you for your concern.