Beware of Freedom Pharmacy

I wanted to warn any women out there expecting to use Freedom Pharmacy. MAKE SURE THEY CONFIRM YOUR INSURANCE WELL BEFORE YOUR EXPECTED MEDICATION DELIVERY DATE. I ordered my medication through the my RE 15 days before they were set to be delivered. Two days, (2 days I say!) before delivery they called me about an insurance problem. (Although I spoke with them 6 days before to confirm the percription, RX, details). I responded within 20 min of the phone call and requested to stay on the line while they put the information in. The women said it looked like everything was going through with the new info and she would CALL ME if there was a problem.

The day was to receive the my medication, my door stoop was empty. That evening I had to call and find out there was a problem with my insurance and it had been denied. I was scheduled to start meds on Friday and Thanksgiving was in the way. There was no way the pharmacy that was “supposed” to send me meds could have gotten them to me in time. (My RX plan wanted to send the meds to me through there specialty pharm, not contract through Freedom Pharm, although my Health insurance said the RX plan contracted through Freedom).

Long story short, Freedom Pharmacy delayed confirming my insurance, failed to call me in a timely manner to notify me there was a problem (or call me at all), didn’t document a conversation I had with them regarding my insurance, when trying to get my rush RX transferred to the proper pharmacy they were unhelpful (the manager I spoke with gave me his direct number and then never answered the line), and ultimately sabotaged my cycle. The are incompetent, insincere with their apologies, and all around have too important a job to be allowed to function at such a inept level! Women BEWARE, be proactive and call them multiple times before medication delivery that everything is set.