Bff's baby

So my bff had her baby boy yesterday. I got to get a glimpse of him in the nursery. She was in recovery, so I’ll see her today. After I saw him, I went to the car and cried. I cried b/c I was happy, joyful, speechless. I cried b/c I was sad, heartbroken, empty. I don’t know how to explain it. I’m overjoyed, I have loved that baby to pieces since she told me she was pregnant. But I’m sad for me too.

It’s funny how “identical” paths in life meet a fork in the road and you find yourself somewhat alone in your path. We got married months apart. Started ttc the same month (that wasn’t planned, just happened that way). And we talked about going through pregnancy together and our kids playing together. Then My DH and I got the bad news. So the day she had her baby, I got my IVF meds in the mail. The month she had her baby, is my last period before I start bc in May. Funny how we ended up on two very different paths.

This just tells me it could easily be anyone of us this happens to. It’s just that life chose me.

[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3]Gigi3 – I just wanted to say “stay positive” about your upcoming IVF. I understand the heartache. It’s so hard seeing a NB especially when the baby is related to someone so near and dear to you. I hope you are able to embrace the baby and also be happy about moving forward within your cycle. :grouphug: [/SIZE][/FONT]

What a beautiful and moving post…sending you hopeful vibes Gigi

I hear you.

It’s like when you hear a baby news, its either:

1. You’re starting your meds
  2. Just suffered a loss
  3. Going through an ER/ET to only be left devastated

It kind of hurts when you’re struggling for one, and your friends are pregnant with their 3rd or 4th.

The next day I stopped by & saw her & the baby. She said “you can hold him…if you want to. I won’t be hurt if you don’t want to.” I held him & cried & cried. She had a c section, was hungry & I’m sure in pain. But she rubbed my back and said “it’s ok. It’s going to happen for you.”

She’s so good to me. She comforted me when I should be making sure she’s comfy. I’m blessed to have her.

[QUOTE=Gigi3]The next day I stopped by & saw her & the baby. She said “you can hold him…if you want to. I won’t be hurt if you don’t want to.” I held him & cried & cried. She had a c section, was hungry & I’m sure in pain. But she rubbed my back and said “it’s ok. It’s going to happen for you.”

She’s so good to me. She comforted me when I should be making sure she’s comfy. I’m blessed to have her.[/QUOTE]

Sounds like a good friend! What a beautiful moment and I agree you will have one too. Sending you lots of :pray:'ers and :babydust: :babydust:

Gigi,

I can very much relate. My BFF and I started trying to conceive at the same time in October of 2011, she succeeded on her second try and now has a 6 month old while we’re still waiting. When her baby was born, I went home and cried hysterically. I felt so horrible for doing so, but some how the fact that her baby was in her arms just felt that mine was even further away. It seems like your friend is really understanding and considerate to your feelings. I hope you enjoy being an honourary ‘auntie’

xoxo

Gig,
Pl smile and don’t cry, sending you lots of hugs and I’m sure ull have ur baby soon

[QUOTE=Gigi3]The next day I stopped by & saw her & the baby. She said “you can hold him…if you want to. I won’t be hurt if you don’t want to.” I held him & cried & cried. She had a c section, was hungry & I’m sure in pain. But she rubbed my back and said “it’s ok. It’s going to happen for you.”

She’s so good to me. She comforted me when I should be making sure she’s comfy. I’m blessed to have her.[/QUOTE]Your friend sounds like a blessing, I’m so sorry for your pain <3

Thank you for the replies. It’s always bittersweet isn’t it? I’ll be starting BC at the end of the month. Then the protocol with Lupron, etc, etc in mid-June. Maybe this will work.

I just happened upon your post and wanted to post a reply. Your situation sounds similar to mine. We also have MF infertility and my BF and I decided to start trying at the same time. She got pregnant within 10 months, and it took my 3 yrs and numerous treatments. All those that post and say you will have yours, are right. After what we’ve gobe through, and the others I’ve seen on here, I firmly believe where there is a will, there is a way. It may not happen as you envisioned it, but it will happen in someway. You are truly blessed to have such an understanding friend. My BF was exactly the same way. So nice they get that yes, we are happy for them but still hurting. :grouphug: