BFN 5dp5dt but then got BFP on HPT

anyone test negative 5dp5dt FET and still ended up getting a BFP later??? i’m looking for hope…

I think most people don’t get BFP that early. My betas have started low, but both times I haven’t gotten BFP until 7dp5dt and even then it’s a squinter.

Good Luck and hang in there!!

[quote=musicgal]I think most people don’t get BFP that early. My betas have started low, but both times I haven’t gotten BFP until 7dp5dt and even then it’s a squinter.

Good Luck and hang in there!![/quote]
had you tested before 7dp?

with my other pregnancies i have seen :bfp: as early as 4dp5dt… i am just so worried with this being our very last transfer for life.

Omygosh, of course!! :slight_smile: I was an obsessive POAS’er! I would totally lose hope and then finally that hint of a line on 7dp5dt. If you look at some of the other threads on this though, it’s very common to not get a BFP until 6dp5dt or 7dp5dt. I definitely wouldn’t give up yet.

did you test before day7??? what kind of tests did you use?
i’m trying sooooooo hard not to cry today (i am usually the all time positive cheerleader) but today i am so sad and grasping at any little fraction of hope i can find

Yes, by obsessive, I truly mean obsessive. I usually started at 4dp5dt and tested a few times a day.
I always used First Response Early Response brand.
It really is too early to give up. The member ‘Ghost’ who works in Infertility in some form is always scoffing when people say they got BFN before 6dp5dt because he says that is too early to test and the vast majority of people won’t get a BFP that early. It doesn’t stop me from trying :slight_smile: but I try not to let the early negatives get me down.

[quote=musicgal]Yes, by obsessive, I truly mean obsessive. I usually started at 4dp5dt and tested a few times a day.
I always used First Response Early Response brand.
It really is too early to give up. The member ‘Ghost’ who works in Infertility in some form is always scoffing when people say they got BFN before 6dp5dt because he says that is too early to test and the vast majority of people won’t get a BFP that early. It doesn’t stop me from trying :slight_smile: but I try not to let the early negatives get me down.[/quote]

yeah, i keep holding my pee for 5hrs at a time, hoping a pale pink line will magically appear…i take the tests out and tape the strips to a white card. they keep forever that way and don’t turn yucky yellow. i still have mine from my son whos 5 1/2 now

Pamela- What brand of tests are you using? Some tests require a higher amt. of hcg to even register a squint line.

One of my pregnancies I did a ton of hpt I had got online and kept getting negative. On day of beta I decided to do another, still negative! I had a digital test and said, what the heck. It showed PREGNANT and I was in total disbelief. After that I swore I would only use the first response early results tests. I also got the digital ones to use.

It is early to be throwing in the towel. Don’t give up yet, FET’s sometimes take longer to snuggle in, and many don’t show up on hpt til day 7/8 past transfer!

Keep us posted! I’m TOY! (thinking of you)

[QUOTE=Godiva4me]Pamela- What brand of tests are you using? Some tests require a higher amt. of hcg to even register a squint line.

One of my pregnancies I did a ton of hpt I had got online and kept getting negative. On day of beta I decided to do another, still negative! I had a digital test and said, what the heck. It showed PREGNANT and I was in total disbelief. After that I swore I would only use the first response early results tests. I also got the digital ones to use.

It is early to be throwing in the towel. Don’t give up yet, FET’s sometimes take longer to snuggle in, and many don’t show up on hpt til day 7/8 past transfer!

Keep us posted! I’m TOY! (thinking of you)[/QUOTE]
Toy: thank you so much, I only use frer. That way when I compare I am comparing the same thing. I just got disappointed because with my other pregnancies I had bfp so much sooner. Call me spoiled! I did take a test tonight and there is the very very very faintest of micro lines which is more than the other tests so far. Here’s hoping that the morning will bring a truer line.

so last night PM5dp5dt i got the tiniest squinter! but then this am after holding pee all thru the night, NOTHING!!! stark white!!!:confused: :confused: :confused:

pamelascakes - My results were always better in the afternoon/evening. My morning urine would give BFN but the evening would read BFP. Hang in there. Sounds like the HCG isnt strong enough “yet” Best wishes to you and the couple you are carrying for.

why does it seem to produce darker lines in the pm when it seems to be a chemical pregnancy? i don’t think i’ve heard of this happening and they ended up with a healthy pregnancy???

Pamelascakes - :pray: ing it’s not a chemical. Stay positive and try to relax! :cross: that everything works out and you see a true :bfp: soon!

thank you so much…with all the extra stuff they put me on and with the doom of this being the last one, i’m kind of going a bit crazy(understatement!)

how are you doing?

Pamela - I am so sorry you have BFN. But I have to notice that it is still too early for disappointment: if level of beta is measurable in such early pregnancy, our REs would not bother us with 2ww, right? Also, we would not be requested to give blood, we would just use FRER, right?
Chin up, it is not over!

pamelascakes - You still have 8 days to create a miracle!

AFM - I’m okay thanks for asking. Just hanging out passing time. Waiting for July to be here!!

Hi Pamela,
Dont give up…you can still get your :bfp:
remain positive and let us know how tomorrow goes.
:bsv:

Ok, I took my VERY LAST ever POAS this am and threw it away after a couple mins.
I woke up in a much better mood this morning. I have tons of baking to do and am happy to be busy.
Not sure why in the world I would feel it neccesary to pull the test out of the trash but I am masochistic that way.
I HAVE A SQUINTER!!! WT???:woohoo:
It’s the same I have usually gotten at 4dp but I will take it at 7dp! My beta is 7 days from now and a lot can happen but I will take this tiny glimmer of hope…seriously? 7dp5dt…

[QUOTE=pamelascakes]Ok, I took my VERY LAST ever POAS this am and threw it away after a couple mins.
I woke up in a much better mood this morning. I have tons of baking to do and am happy to be busy.
Not sure why in the world I would feel it neccesary to pull the test out of the trash but I am masochistic that way.
I HAVE A SQUINTER!!! WT???:woohoo:
It’s the same I have usually gotten at 4dp but I will take it at 7dp! My beta is 7 days from now and a lot can happen but I will take this tiny glimmer of hope…seriously? 7dp5dt…[/QUOTE]
Great news! Just try to relax and stay positive, 7dp5dt sounds very good to me for one nice healthy pregnancy. Will pray for you!

:clap: That’s great news! Glad your feeling better . What a wonderful way to start your weekend! I’ll be looking out for your updates! :nerd: