BFP?? How long does HCG trigger take to clear your system?

Hello ladies, I am freaking out this morning. I had an HCG trigger shot on April 8th at 10 pm. I had IUI on the 10th. Today is April 22 and I POAS and got a BFP. Could it still be the HCG shot from 14days ago? I really hope this is it!! ANY ADVICE OR OPINIONS?? I would realt appreciate it!

Do you know what trigger you used? I think it’s likely real - and we were IUI buddies!

I used Ovidrel, And I don’t remember the dose. if we are iui buddies then good luck in the next few days… They end of these tww are killer and just seem to drag!

Ovidrel, for ME, is usually out way quicker than 14 days later. More like 9 or 10. I tested 7dpiui the last two cycles and got negatives both days. This time I didn’t bother, but tested yesterday and got a negative.

I’m willing to bet this is real. Good luck! I’m likely negative this month - I think AF is trying to come.

Ovidrel is worth about 6500IU’s of HCG whereas Novarel and other brands that come with a vial of powder and bateriostatic water that you have to mix yourself are 10,000IU’s (if you are asked to take the full dose). In general it takes 1 day for each 1000IU’s, but that all depends on how fast you as an individual metabolizes the med, if that med was given IM or subq, and how hydrated you are. The time frame can also vary from cycle to cycle even in the same person.

Having said that however I have never seen a BFP on HPT on this forum at 14dpt that was still trigger so…
I suspect you truly are :preg:! Congratulations!!! :woohoo:

[SIZE=3][B][FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’]The2rammels[/FONT][/B][FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’] – Sounds like you have a true BFP! I would have to say the trigger shot is out of your system. Even if you had 10,000 units it would defiantly be out of your system. :cheer:I’d also like to say Congrats :preg: [/FONT][/SIZE]

Oh goodness! I hope so! I will test again tomorrow. I go to the RE Wednesday for a blood test. It’s only 3 days away but feels like months! Thanks guys!!

Sounds like a ++. I think a congrats are in order! Hope to see you in the December due date thread!! Yeah!!

Oh my, thinking about it I miss-spoke I had ovidrel the last three triggers this time it was a powder I mixed with water with a syringe. It was either pregnyl or novarel. Those take longer to leave the system I think?

[QUOTE=The2rammels]Oh my, thinking about it I miss-spoke I had ovidrel the last three triggers this time it was a powder I mixed with water with a syringe. It was either pregnyl or novarel. Those take longer to leave the system I think?[/QUOTE]

They do take a little longer, but are still usually out by 14dpt. I took Novarel with my IVF and it was completely out by 12dpt and that has been my experience on this forum over the past three years (that if one is getting a positive beyond 13dpt then it has always been real). In fact now that I think of it I got my +hpt at 14dpt as well. I would be surprised if yours was still trigger.

You’re so far out, I don’t think it matters what your dose was. I think either way you are :preg:!!!

Thanks guys!! Your personal stories really are encouraging!! First beta tomorrow IF I get another BFP in the AM!!

A darker BFP today!!! Went and had a blood test!! I can’t believe it!!

[QUOTE=The2rammels]A darker BFP today!!! Went and had a blood test!! I can’t believe it!![/QUOTE]

Big congrats to you!! :preg: :cheer: