BFP last night!, BFN this morning?...HELP!

Ok, so I know I said I wouldn’t test until the 26th but I couldn’t sleep last night and I had a sense or urgency come over me last night to test. I grabbed a Ovulation Predictor test on accident and it came up positive. I’ve read that you can use those to test for pregnancy as well but didn’t mean to use that last night, just did by accident. Well, needless to say there it was…2 lines! I didn’t want to get my hopes up to soon and decided I would use an EPT digital this AM and did and it read NOT PREGNANT this AM. I am so confused!?! Could it be that the Ovulation predictor is a much more sensitive test than the EPT and it is able to pick up on the pregnancy hormone better or was this just a fluke? Your thoughts on this would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Ow, and in case anyone is wondering…I did test out my trigger shot. It left my system in 9 days!

[quote=sc28751]Ok, so I know I said I wouldn’t test until the 26th but I couldn’t sleep last night and I had a sense or urgency come over me last night to test. I grabbed a Ovulation Predictor test on accident and it came up positive. I’ve read that you can use those to test for pregnancy as well but didn’t mean to use that last night, just did by accident. Well, needless to say there it was…2 lines! I didn’t want to get my hopes up to soon and decided I would use an EPT digital this AM and did and it read NOT PREGNANT this AM. I am so confused!?! Could it be that the Ovulation predictor is a much more sensitive test than the EPT and it is able to pick up on the pregnancy hormone better or was this just a fluke? Your thoughts on this would be much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Ow, and in case anyone is wondering…I did test out my trigger shot. It left my system in 9 days![/quote]

Sorry you’re going through this hun! I’m not sure how accurate the OPK things are. I tried it because I only had one HPT in my house my last cycle, and it came up negative (only one line), but I ended up with a pretty strong BFP the next day, so I’d imagine if it were going to work it would have the night before.

I would suggest going out and getting a FRER and testing again. Good luck, I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you!

here’s a good resource:

Pee On A Stick ~ OPK’s as HPT’s

So sorry. I don’t know much about OPK. I would try a new test and don’t drink liquids for a while and hold your pee. The tests can be very unreliable; especially if your pee is diluted. I had one show a very paint positive and my beta was over 1400. Good luck.

I did that on one of my last cycles, I only had one pregnancy test so I used one of my opk’s and got a positive. I used my pregnancy test the next day and got a negative. That cycle was a :bfn: so I learned not to use opks as pregnancy tests.

I wouldn’t rely on the OPK unfortunately, as LH can be present in your system at all times, and even look like a positive. Although it will pick up hcg too.

They aren’t more sensitive but it is possible that you LH + hcg level is reading as a positive on the OPK but your hcg on it own could still be too low for the digital.

Also I always have better luck in the evening with BFPs that first morning urine.

Go and get a First Response regular (not digital) test and try it again. Those are hte most sensitive tests on the market.

Good luck!

You can use opk as a pregnancy test, but to read it as a positive, you’d have to see the test line as darker than the control line. A simple double line on an OPK does not indicate a pregnancy; as another poster stated, LH (which is similar to HCG and what the OPK looks for) is present in women’s bodies at all times. The OPK looks for the ‘surge’ of LH.

Def. get a pregnancy test. Best of luck!

Actually (don’t you hate it when ppl start sentences that way? :nerd:)…‘holding’ urine doesn’t make it more concentrated, simply increases the volume. Your body doesn’t re-absorb the water from a full bladder. Decrease of fluid intake, or decreased kidney function (such as when we sleep, which is why FMU is the most concentrated) are the only ways to actually increase the concentration of hcg in your urine. Don’t risk a bladder or kidney infection by not urinating when you feel the need!

Thanks for the responses everyone. Wish I would have known all this sooner rather than getting my hopes up when I saw that 2nd line on the OPK :frowning: Ow well, lesson learned. I went out and purchased some First Response test and will use those from now on. Thanks again! I will let you all know the final results when I test again.