BFP then BFN - Any hope?

Hi Ladies,

We did a fet cycle this month and transferred two 5 day blasts and one 6 day blast on 1/30/13. It is a medicated cycle but no HCG was used. I had a FRER laying around from my last cycle and tested on Saturday, 2dp5/6dt. I fully expected a negative and wasn’t planning on testing for real until today. To my shock and surprise, it was faintly positive! I took another test in the afternoon and it was darker. Yesterday morning I took another test and it was negative with FMU. I took another one in the afternoon and it was faintly positive. This morning, BFN again. Other than “put the sticks down,” what advice can you give me? Has anyone else been in this situation and had a positive result? Is it possible that one implanted, stopped growing, and another one implanted later? This is pretty much our last shot due to financial reasons. Any success stories/advice are greatly appreciated!

are you using different test? I would just go get your blood tested.

All FRER…beta is on Friday…it’s gonna be a LONG week

I would call the doc and see if you could get an earlier beta.

I think a lot of ladies get BFN before 5dp5dt. I think it is too soon.

Rach - I’ve tried this before and they won’t do it :frowning: Gotta tough it out until Friday I guess

Amysmom - I would be ok with the BFN today if it wasn’t for the BFP Saturday and Sunday…I’m so confused.

Thanks for the replies ladies, I appreciate the support :slight_smile:

It could still be positive. I know a few ladys who had that exact thing happening. They had negative tests in the morning and positives in the afternoon. It took a few days and they got all positives through out the day.

Good luck hun:babydust::babydust::babydust:

[quote=99pcangel]It could still be positive. I know a few ladys who had that exact thing happening. They had negative tests in the morning and positives in the afternoon. It took a few days and they got all positives through out the day.

Good luck hun:babydust::babydust::babydust:[/quote]

Thank you! I’ve had all negatives today :frowning: I’m gonna try to put the evil sticks down and wait until tomorrow…

You are only 4dp5dt. I really think it is too soon, and you may have gotten some positives because each stick may have some variable sensitivity.

For instance, my beta 9dp5dt was only around 90. If you extrapolate numbers back assuming 48 hour doubling, my beta 7dp5dt would have been 45, 5dp5dt 22.5, 4dp5dt around 17, and 2dp5dt around 10. I don’t think it would have been a sure bet that I would have gotten positive 2dp and 4dp.

did you have any medications that could have caused early detection of HCG, like a trigger or HCG wash? I know you did FET, but some Drs do the wash on FET cycles. It could pick that up.

No HCG meds or HCG wash :frowning: And another negative today…I’m 5dp5dt. If I didn’t see that BFP already I wouldn’t be so freaked out by the BFN’s yesterday and today…

I tested for the first time at 5dp5dt and got such a faint positive you could hardly see it and I’m having twins! You are testing way too early! 2dp transfer? The embryo would have hardly implanted by then! If you have a singleton, you likely won’t get a BFP until 7dp5dt. I’m not sure why you got a BFP at 2dp transfer, I would guess faulty tests! It would be near impossible to have enought HCG in your system by then to register on a HPT.

good luck! and don’t test for a couple more days!! :slight_smile:

[quote=skk78]I tested for the first time at 5dp5dt and got such a faint positive you could hardly see it and I’m having twins! You are testing way too early! 2dp transfer? The embryo would have hardly implanted by then! If you have a singleton, you likely won’t get a BFP until 7dp5dt. I’m not sure why you got a BFP at 2dp transfer, I would guess faulty tests! It would be near impossible to have enought HCG in your system by then to register on a HPT.

good luck! and don’t test for a couple more days!! :)[/quote]
She’s right. Did you use a trigger at all during your cycle? Or even if you were doing a natural cycle there could have been some LH that might possible have shown up to cause a positive. Or they were faulty, or you saw evaporation lines (which are fairly common under some of the blue-dye tests I think). I’m afraid that implantation doesn’t usually take place until 4-8 days after transfer, so whatever you saw was mostly likely a flaw.
Keep your chin up, it’s still very early. I would suggest waiting until the day before your beta if you have to POAS, or at least 7dp5dt.