Bfp?

Hi, i am new to this forum and was looking for some advice. My wife and I have been trying for a baby for the last 5 years, we are currently in the middle of our 3rd IVF.

We had an FET on the 15/07/13 and all was well until the 22nd. My wife found light bleeding when wiping herself, and i managed to calm her down and just relax. After that there was no bleeding until today.

We have our appt at the clinic and today being day 10 my wife was eager to take a test, and we got a faint line! We are both slightly shocked and dont know what to make of it as my wife is now having light bleeding again, so kind of worried.

i have told her to rest and keep drinking lots of water and we have rang the clinic and they have said to wait until our appt tmrw.

Any advice would be really helpful, as bit worried and panicky.

Thanks in advance.

[quote=mowen10]Hi, i am new to this forum and was looking for some advice. My wife and I have been trying for a baby for the last 5 years, we are currently in the middle of our 3rd IVF.

We had an FET on the 15/07/13 and all was well until the 22nd. My wife found light bleeding when wiping herself, and i managed to calm her down and just relax. After that there was no bleeding until today.

We have our appt at the clinic and today being day 10 my wife was eager to take a test, and we got a faint line! We are both slightly shocked and dont know what to make of it as my wife is now having light bleeding again, so kind of worried.

i have told her to rest and keep drinking lots of water and we have rang the clinic and they have said to wait until our appt tmrw.

Any advice would be really helpful, as bit worried and panicky.

Thanks in advance.[/quote]

I am sorry you are having this scare! Congrats on your positive test.

You need to have her p4 (progesterone levels) checked. I would call the lab back and insist on coming in today for beta and p4 check. Low progesterone will cause bleeding in first trimester.

Hope your numbers come back great!

rach

It could be implantation bleeding but I would definitely have her progesterone checked if it hasn’t been.

Thanks for your replies guys. Unfortunately can’t give us an appt, will have to wait until our appt tmrw morning. I have just told her to rest and hopefully all will be well.

Sounds like it may be good news!

Yay for a BFP! First off, you sounds like a really loving and supportive husband so I know no matter what happens you will both be OK. This sounds like it might be early pregnancy bleeding (especially since you got a BFP…a faint line is actually a positive result unless your wife was taking HCG (trigger shot) and I don’t believe this is taken in IVF…that can cause a false positive). Implantation can cause bleeding, but if she already has a positive pregnancy test she should be a few days past implantation.

Here are some benign causes of early pregnancy bleeding…

Bleeding in the first trimester is not always a problem. It may be caused by:
[LIST]
[]Having sex
[
]An infection
[]The fertilized egg implanting in the uterus
[
]Hormone changes
[*]Other factors that will not harm the woman or baby[/LIST]
Best of luck! Let us know! I will keep you and your wife (and hopefully your baby) in my thoughts! I think your advice for her to relax until tomorrow sounds right on target.

Thanks starjojo1 for your comments. Just to give you guys an update, went for our appt and they confirmed a positive pregnancy test : )

Just need to wait for the blood test results, trying to not get too excited and just want to make sure everything is ok.

Thanks for your support guys.

[quote=mowen10]Thanks starjojo1 for your comments. Just to give you guys an update, went for our appt and they confirmed a positive pregnancy test : )

Just need to wait for the blood test results, trying to not get too excited and just want to make sure everything is ok.

Thanks for your support guys.[/quote]

That’s great news!! keep us posted :smiley: Congrats!!!

Hopefully it’s just implantation bleeding. Praying for a great beta tomorrow! Let us know. :babydust:

Hi, just had a call from the clinic and the results are back. They said its 313, which is really good. So far so good…

Thanks for all your advice guys.

Great number :slight_smile: Congrats on the BFP!!!

Yay!!!

Congratulations to you and your wife!!! I was thinking about you two today! How awesome! Now hopefully you will not need this message board anymore! Haha!

Just wanted to say Congratulations!!! Wish your wife a healthy and happy pregnancy!!!

Thanks guys for your messages. I think I will b posting a bit more now! Just taking each day as it comes as my wife did fall pregnant in January naturally but unfortunately we had a miscarriage, so just taking it easy and trying to keep our feet on the ground as this is all new to us : )

Thanks once again.

Hi, told u guys I would be back. Sorry not sure if this post needs to go here, but needed some advice.

My wife is experiencing light bleeding on her pad today so kind of worried, is this normal? Today is Day 11… Any advice would be appreciated as clinic is closed now : (

Bleeding in the first trimester, either on-and-off or constant, and anywhere from light to quite surprisingly heavy, is extremely common. It happens all the time with no ill effects, and, unfortunately, it’s indistinguishable from the kind that does threaten the pregnancy. I know you guys are concerned, especially due to your previous loss, but there is no real way to know one way or the other without an ultrasound and blood test, and even then, you may get an answer along the lines of, “Let’s wait and see.” If she’s not having cramping at the same time, that’s a good sign, although cramping isn’t necessarily a bad sign, either. I hope you can see your doctor soon to get a good look at why the bleeding might happen. As a previous poster pointed out, there’s a lot of extra blood flow to that whole region, so it can be irritation of the cervix (caused by any number of things), or a subchorionic hematoma, or other causes of bleeding–even small nicks in the vaginal wall. No one of these causes is inherently dangerous, and they can all be completely benign, so I definitely hope that’s true for you two! Doctors often say that if she saturates a pad within an hour, go to an ER, but anything less than that can be very normal.

I would please test her p4 levels. If her body is not producing enough progesterone light bleeding can occur.

Did you have it tested when you had the hcg done?

Rac

Hi guys, the bleeding has now thankfully stopped, went for another blood test today and its showing up as 6600. Not sure what this means, but iv been told thats really good… : )