Birth control between IVF cycles?

So after 2 IVF cycles, the 2nd being frozen embryos, I achieved a pregnancy. Unfortunately, I lost it after 5 weeks.

So now, since I had a vacation planned the doctor has me going on birth control for 10 days to re-time things.

I am scared to do this as it seems opposite of my desired path. Is this a common thing or should I be concerned?

My husband is willing to cancel the trip but need advice, thanks all.

[quote=Faith73]So after 2 IVF cycles, the 2nd being frozen embryos, I achieved a pregnancy. Unfortunately, I lost it after 5 weeks.

So now, since I had a vacation planned the doctor has me going on birth control for 10 days to re-time things.

I am scared to do this as it seems opposite of my desired path. Is this a common thing or should I be concerned?

My husband is willing to cancel the trip but need advice, thanks all.[/quote]

My RE puts everyone on BCPs between cycles…I’m not sure if that’s common practice or not?? I was gonna ask a similar question on here…The Nurse told me that it ‘evens the playing field, and wipes the slate clean’, that it gives them ‘total’ control over my body…I hate the BCPs I have the worst side effects with them…but I trust my RE and will do whatever they tell me to do

Good luck to you!!

I also did the 10 days of BCP. I was told it was to relax my ovaries. SO now I am waiting on :af: . I have a baseline scheduled for Thursday to see if my lining is good and not thick before I start my injections. So I think it is pretty normal for doctor’s to put you on BCP. The pharmacist even said so. It just depends on the type of protocol you are on I guess. I am on the antagonist protocol.

[QUOTE=Faith73]So after 2 IVF cycles, the 2nd being frozen embryos, I achieved a pregnancy. Unfortunately, I lost it after 5 weeks.

My husband is willing to cancel the trip but need advice, thanks all.[/QUOTE]

Totally normal. When I did an IUI and got pregnant but it was a blighted ovum after the m/c I was put on BCP for a month to regulate things.

Before my IVF’s I’ve been put on BCPs for a month prior to suppress things.

I say that’s really normal protocol. It does seem completely opposite to what we’re trying to accomplish but there is a reason behind all the madness.

I’m sorry for your loss. (((HUGS)))