Bleeding after a positive beta

Hi girls, I am 38 and 13 days post a frozen cycle transfer - 2 A level embryos. I’ve been getting :bfp: on home pregnancy tests since day 5 and yesterday had a positive beta - 1,050 HCG. Problem is that I’ve been bleeding since day 6. It started with pink/brown discharge and switched yesterday (day 12) into bright red with some blood clots. It looks and feels like a period. I am worried that I am loosing the pregnancy but confused by the positive results. I took two first response tests today and the test line was darker than the control line. I read about it on several boards and they said that it means high Hcg levels. Going in for a second blood test tomorrow but might lose my mind waiting. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. :pray: :pray:

This happened to me with my last pregnancy. I started getting +HPT’s on 8dp3dt and started bleeding on 11dp3dt and though for sure that it was the beginning of the end. The bleeding progressively got heavier with clots but my beta’s kept going up. At 7w2d they found a very large subchorionic hematoma next to the baby and was placed on bedrest for 6 1/2 weeks. Thankfully for us, the bleeding began to subside and the product of the pregnancy is my beautiful 21 month old little girl. I know it is super scary and I was petrified that I was losing the baby many times, particularly since my previous cycle ended in a chemical. My doctor basically told me to go home, sit on my butt and pray which didn’t exactly inspire hope.
It isn’t uncommon to have bleeding in pregnancy at all and the fact that you are getting darker HPT’s is a very positive sign. I think I took a total of 19 or 20 tests over those first few weeks just to reassure myself. I would take it as easy as you possibly can and try and think positively. My daughter is living proof that heavy, more than a period bleeding with clots, doesn’t absolutely signify the end. I wish you all the best.

Kristen

Thank you so much Kristen! I am seriously going crazy here. I actually had an external hematoma with my first and only pregnancy (3 year old beautiful boy) but it happened at a later stage of the pregnancy and involved less blood. I was wondering if it has anything to do with the fact that we transferred two embryos. I called the doc and he recommended that I rest and come in tomorrow for a blood text. At least I will be able to see if the HCG levels are doubling or decreasing. Does anyone know how long does it take for HCG to leave the blood? I am wondering if the positive tests are showing high levels from 3 days ago. :bsv:

i had a similar situation with ds. started bleeding around week 6 or 7. even had one night where i woke up drenched in blood. was convinced i lost the pregnancy and went to ER only b/c i would not stop bleeding. but all was well. i had a SCH (like pp) and spent a lot of time elevating legs and laying on my left side. it is super scary!! good luck and hugs.

Thank you lovely girls. This is encouraging. Doing the blood test first thing tomorrow am. Hope numbers are growing. Kristen, good luck with the twins! And congrats for the baby boy, Rhodges. Boys are the best :slight_smile: