Bleeding after ET and low hcg level

I had two 5 days blastocyst transfer and 8 days post transfer I started spotting and later on became pretty much a period bleeding. Went for the blood test the next day and the beta# was only 18, had more bleeding the same day and absolutely devastated and cried a lot. Thinking with such a low beta and bleeding, I wouldn’t stand any chance, and started to arrange an early meeting with the dr to discuss the next attempt.

With all the disappointment still went back to do the second blood test and I was so sure it was going to be negative this time. With a huge surprise, the beta came back @ 52. Had no idea what to think or to feel. The number is rising but still on the low end :frowning:

Dr ordered an extra blood test on 14 days post transfer, the beta came back @ 486:woohoo: . Now the clinic only told me to keep taking progesterone and come in an early u/s next week.

I am worried that I might end up with an ectopic pregnancy, since I had a such rough start with any bad sign you can imagine. Wish the dr would give me one more blood test so i know the number is doubling at the right range.

Just wondering if anyone had the similar experience like my case. The whole waiting game is not a fun game:af:

Hello Dear…

The very fact that your numbers are rising is a good sign. My RE and NP always say that bleeding and spotting is very common with IVF during the first trimester atleast. Please be positive and keep taking all your meds on time.

You will see from my signature the stage I am in… even I have a very low first beta… Praying for rise in numbers today

Beta Limbo BLAH!

I wish you botht he very best results. I would suggest say on supporting meds, and lots of prayer! I had a very similar situation as you too, but my RE stopped all supporting meds at my first low beta. I honeslty think if I would have continued my progesterone I would still be pregnant. :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: for you both! keep rising, best wishes! Keep me posted!!

:bsv: :bsv: :bsv:

Hi Hun,
Seems like you are only a week behind of my ivf cycle, and I am also 31:). Your number started low just like me, but 17 is still considered to be a BFP. And you did not mention you had any sign of bleeding which is a big plus. I just got a phone call from the nurse and they want to check my blood again on Monday. Hopefully I will have a nice rising numer by then. Keep me updated of your blood work today. All the best

Hi bd0818,
Seems like you are only a week behind of my ivf cycle, and I am also 31. Your number started low just like me, but 17 is still considered to be a BFP. And you did not mention you had any sign of bleeding which is a big plus. I just got a phone call from the nurse and they want to check my blood again on Monday. Hopefully I will have a nice rising numer by then. Keep me updated of your blood work today. All the best

Hi cnorton1006,
The good thing is you still have 6 frozen embryo. And FET is always said to be easier on the body than a fresh one transfer. Make sure you rest well and adjust your body to the best for the next round.