Blighted Ovum

just when you think you are finally out of this infertility hell then you are slapped with a blighted ovum. Why does God hate me so? Why can everyone else get pregnant with no worries and it is such a struggle for me and my spouse. Sorry for the pity party. i have just about had enough. Will i get another blighted ovum if we try again. am i spinning my wheels? Why God…WHY?

i’m sorry bellarue - i know it all seems unfair. take good care of yourself.

:grouphug: :grouphug: Im sorry big hugs

I totally understand how you are feeling. When we got our BFP after trying for 7 years and 11 months i thought ok. Now to just make it 9 months. Then we lost baby a and b. I was like crap but we still have baby c. Then we lost him i was mad at god for doing this to us. Its hard to understand why. I still ask why.

I have heard that BO are rare and when you have one it doesn’t mean you will have another one. But sure, there is a chance. But it isn’t a big chance. I wish you tons of luck!!

:grouphug:

I just wanted to echo the sentiments here. It’s a hard thing to have to go through - any loss is hard. Unfortunately there really is no answer to the question of why (I’m sure the doctor could give you one, but it won’t be a satisfactory answer.) It sucks, and it hurts, and the emotions attached with it are so miserable. Don’t think that you have to feel anything but hurt by it. Do take care of yourself.

There’s not any specific reason to think that, if you had one that it would happen again… but like Missing said, there’s always that chance. This also sucks, and hurts, and is miserable… but sometimes it’s just that one little bit of bad luck and the next time everything goes just right.

[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3]I’m sorry [B]bellarue2[/B] – I too have suffered from a blighted ovum. At the age of 18 I had a miscarriage at 11 weeks and three months later suffered a blighted ovum. Needless to say I have also had two chemical pregnancies and one ectopic. At the time (year 2002) my doctor told me it was slim to none that I’d experience another bighted ovum. Guess she was right, but I also haven’t had a successful pregnancy (yet). [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3] [/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=‘Comic Sans MS’][SIZE=3]Did you complete chromosome testing on your embryos? It was suggested from my RE that we complete this test due to my RPL. Best wishes and I hope you are able to TTC again very soon. :grouphug: [/SIZE][/FONT]

I’m so sorry to hear this - I was really rooting for you and hoping for a good outcome today.
I am facing a 2nd ultrasound on Monday after my 1st one showed an empty sac. They said to be cautiously optimistic, but that’s almost impossible.
I’m terrified of the same outcome.
All the best to you and know you are not alone.[quote=bellarue2]just when you think you are finally out of this infertility hell then you are slapped with a blighted ovum. Why does God hate me so? Why can everyone else get pregnant with no worries and it is such a struggle for me and my spouse. Sorry for the pity party. i have just about had enough. Will i get another blighted ovum if we try again. am i spinning my wheels? Why God…WHY?[/quote]

[LEFT]Sorry for your loss, I know how it feels to want a baby so much and it seems like God is not listening.
I too had a blighted ovum in 2005 I was so heart broken n could not understand why, 9 months later i was able to get pregnant, now tht lil miracle is a a healthy 6 yr old girl. Do not give up, the lord giveth n the lord taketh, so i know he will give you a lil one, he knows how much u desire to be a mom and will not let your prayers go unanswered. Hang in there:pray: [/LEFT]

I’m sorry Bellarue - I’ve suffered a blighted ovum and…it’s just not fair. I completely understand the frustration and the pain. :frowning:

I’m so sorry Bellarue - I don’t understand why this happens but I can only hope this is rock bottom for you and that it’s strictly up from here on out . . . to you and, to the others that posted on this thread.

You are so not alone - I got the same diagnosis today. It is so hard. I don’t think anyone can understand unless it has happened to them. My heart is broken.[QUOTE=bellarue2]just when you think you are finally out of this infertility hell then you are slapped with a blighted ovum. Why does God hate me so? Why can everyone else get pregnant with no worries and it is such a struggle for me and my spouse. Sorry for the pity party. i have just about had enough. Will i get another blighted ovum if we try again. am i spinning my wheels? Why God…WHY?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=boiseidahogirl]You are so not alone - I got the same diagnosis today. It is so hard. I don’t think anyone can understand unless it has happened to them. My heart is broken.[/QUOTE]

I am so so sorry for ur loss as well. I do not understand why some have it so easy when it comes to getting pregnant while others struggle to the point where they feel as though it is hopeless. My blighted ovum turned out to not be a blighted ovum after all. But unfortunately my pregnancy still resulted in a miscarriage. I pray for all of us who struggle to be blessed with a little one that we deserve more than anything in this world.