Bloated and tired days after IUI

So I just had my first IUI on sunday morning. It’s now technicly 4 days in but ever since waking up on day 3 I felt extremely tired and towards the end of the day I noticed I was extremely bloated.

I started taking clomid on day 4 and I have always had horrible reactions to it… extreme nausea, light headiness, no energy or appetite. and then during ovulation i feel like a knife is being shoved into my side.

Could the tired and bloating be a good sign? or should i be calling my doctor tomorrow?

I would say its to early to look at any symptoms you are having. I would say the tired and bloating is more than likely from the trigger. good luck!!

Trigger? Sorry but i’m knew to all this but if it’s the trigger shots everyone is talking about I didn’t have one. Just the clomid.

It could be the Clomid, still. Or rather, keep in mind that you likely had multiple follicles. That means multiple corpus lutea. Those each produce progesterone, which makes you feel more tired and can lend to the bloating too.

I’ve had 6 IUIs and I experience cramping and bloating days after each one. My RE explained some ladies may experience such effects, while others may not. Seems since you were on Clomid it’s possible that a contributing factor. Whether or not you contact your doctor is up to you - your confidence in the process is important, so feel free if it’ll give you some reassurance! Good luck this cycle!

Wow, That explains alot. So maybe that is why I am feeling so crampy. So each follicle makes it own corpus lutea. Is that why cyst also became more common?

Thanks, Dana

It’s just strange that nothing for two days and then it hits on day 3 after. I figured it would happen with in a few hours of the IUI and continue on. The pain was there had been since Saturday when I got the positive LH test. The tired and bloating was strange…

And i’m still fairly bloated… not nearly as bad as last night.

[QUOTE=Zerachiel]Trigger? Sorry but i’m knew to all this but if it’s the trigger shots everyone is talking about I didn’t have one. Just the clomid.[/QUOTE]

Ahh ok :slight_smile:

I’d say it could still be from the clomid. Maybe you had a few follies. Maybe they didn’t release and caused cyst? Were you being monitored or just given clomid to take and do the deed at home? Goodluck!

I was just given the clomid, they were going to pull me in on saturday for an ultrasound if I still hadn’t gotten a positive LH surge, but I would have had to pay out of pocket since I ran out of tricare referals… (I really hate tricare at times)

So because of that they didn’t do any ultra sounds or anything on me. I have to talk to my husband but if this one doesn’t take the next one may be out last.

(i’m still trying to figure out [I]why[/I] it cost $300 + for the doctor to shove a $2 tube up you and squirt sperm into you on top of the sperm washing fee…)

So it is day 7 after the IUI, I have no idea what is going on with my body. I have been sick to my stomach for the past two days, kind of crampy and still extremely bloated. Also my breast started to hurt and still feel sore.

I have honestly no idea what is going on… wondering if by this point I should be calling the doctor.

[quote=Zerachiel]So it is day 7 after the IUI, I have no idea what is going on with my body. I have been sick to my stomach for the past two days, kind of crampy and still extremely bloated. Also my breast started to hurt and still feel sore.

I have honestly no idea what is going on… wondering if by this point I should be calling the doctor.[/quote]

That is how i started feeling about a week ago and I got my :bfp: today. So i would just hold out calling the doc hun. You never know it could be implantation :slight_smile:

Gaia I hope so, I told my husband today when he asked if I was alright if I wasn’t pregnant I was going to be really pissed cause this has been miserable.

Zerachiel how are you feeling?

I’m 2dpiui and extremely bloated. I could barely get my shoes back on after kicking them off at my desk! I’m more tired than normal, but that’s because both my husband and I woke up randomly at 0230 this morning thirsty and then when we tried to go back to sleep we had a difficult time because our neighbors were loudly bding!

I’m 3 days away from testing so that would be what DPO 11? Most of my symptoms have calmed way down, i’m still crampy, my breast while not as hard or large as they were a few days ago are still large and still very tender especially under my arm pits. I am still bloated but not nearly to the extent I was.

I also got hit today with the needing to use the bathroom frequently even though I have barely drinken anything. Also sex was extremely painful the other day and even DH said that it felt strange.

I am 8 DPIUI and I have been feeling bloated since day 3 as well. However, I did my IUI two days too early so im still hoping for :bfp:. My stomach feels weird when I lay on it like theres something hard in it. I had some stabbing pains yesterday as well. My stomach also feels bloated all of the time. I had sex day 3 and 4 and didnt feel anything but day 6 kind of hurt.

ME: 26 non-medicated/ overweight
5/29: IUI
5/30: IUI
2WW: 6/13/13 :cross: :bfp: :preg:

I have experienced the same symptoms! How are things going for you now? :wink: