Bloating after IUI

Is there anything I can do to help the bloating after IUI. I had my IUI today around 11am and I’m so bloated. I have lower abdomen pain even when I cough. How long will this last and can I take anything for the bloating. Please help…I don’t know how I’m going to sleep tonight.

I think it’s pretty normal to be bloated. I don’t have any cures, I hope you feel better soon! I think it was Extra Strength Tylenol that my nurse said I could take for pain.

[QUOTE=volleykjh10]Is there anything I can do to help the bloating after IUI. I had my IUI today around 11am and I’m so bloated. I have lower abdomen pain even when I cough. How long will this last and can I take anything for the bloating. Please help…I don’t know how I’m going to sleep tonight.[/QUOTE]
I get really bloated after iui’s. I am prone to it. I’ve had ohss in the past. The reason for the bloating is that fluid is rushing into your ovaries. The best thing to do is follow protocol for ohss. That is drnk only pedialyte and gatoreade and eat a high protien diet and rest. You need to also monitor your weight if you gain more then 5 pds overnite you need to call your RE right away. I don’t want to alarm you, your probably just having normal bloating but I thought this would be helpful.
Best of luck!

[SIZE=3]My last (successful) IUI was so painful the first day that I had to take Tylonol. I had terrible cramps. Don’t feel bad. Tylenol is the only med safe. I’ve even took it during the pregnancy for occasional headache.
[/SIZE][SIZE=3]
Bloating was the very first symptom for me…but it happened at 10dpiui.

GL!!! :babydust:[/SIZE]