BostonIVF? Maine IVF?

Hi all,
I’m moving to Maine in a month and they have a “Boston IVF” center in Portland, Maine. I think this is the only center for IVF in Maine but I’m not sure if they do the procedures there or if you have to go to Boston for the ER/ET. Anyone with any experience with IVF in Maine or with the “Boston IVF” group? Thanks!
-Dianna

I have no experience with Boston IVF, but I haven’t heard good things about them on these forums.

I used Fertility Centers of NE and they just opened an office in Maine, I think in Portland. I’m not sure if they do procedures there or just monitoring and appointments. Their main office is in Reading, Mass.
Anyway, I recommend them. I liked their office, their staff & their doctors. Dr. Vitello & Dr. Hill were both great in what we needed :slight_smile:

Good luck!

[QUOTE=stm2009]I have no experience with Boston IVF, but I haven’t heard good things about them on these forums.

I used Fertility Centers of NE and they just opened an office in Maine, I think in Portland. I’m not sure if they do procedures there or just monitoring and appointments. Their main office is in Reading, Mass.
Anyway, I recommend them. I liked their office, their staff & their doctors. Dr. Vitello & Dr. Hill were both great in what we needed :slight_smile:

Good luck![/QUOTE]

Oh great! I’ll check them out (Fertility Centers)! I’m used to a tiny office and BOSTONIVF seems really big.

[QUOTE=stm2009]I have no experience with Boston IVF, but I haven’t heard good things about them on these forums.

Good luck![/QUOTE]

I traveled from Colorado to go to FNCE. They are really fantastic and I will be going back in about a year for baby #2! The new ME office is only for monitoring so you’ll have to go to Reading, MA for retrieval/transfer. But it is worth it! :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=SuzyQ789]I traveled from Colorado to go to FNCE. They are really fantastic and I will be going back in about a year for baby #2! The new ME office is only for monitoring so you’ll have to go to Reading, MA for retrieval/transfer. But it is worth it! :-)[/QUOTE]

Thank you! Was it really only $6800 like the website says?

Dianna - FCNE is doing free initial consults right now too incase you don’t have insurance coverage.

As for the $6800 it covers everything except medication for one cycle. So all monitoring, ER and ET. If you had a fresh cycle get canceled and went for a frozen though I’m not sure if it covers that.

[QUOTE=stm2009]Dianna - FCNE is doing free initial consults right now too incase you don’t have insurance coverage.

As for the $6800 it covers everything except medication for one cycle. So all monitoring, ER and ET. If you had a fresh cycle get canceled and went for a frozen though I’m not sure if it covers that.[/QUOTE]

That’s great thank you so much!

Hi Dianna,

I wanted to chime in about BIVF in Maine. With 3 failed cycles already I would NOT recommend BIVF for you. Yes, they do everything right there in South Portland. They have a surgery center for egg retrieval right there, office visits, monitoring, embryology lab, blood draws, everything. No need to drive to Waltham for anything. That is what attracted me to them in the first place, it was local, no travelling. I think it is a really good center for young, uncomplicated cases. I’m sure they get lots of women pregnant. If you are a challenging case I just don’t think they will offer you anything you haven’t already tried. Forget the fact that you will spend enough $ for almost two cycles elsewhere. I wasted over $50K on 3 cycles with nothing to show for it.

I have no experience with Fertility Centers of New England, except for an initial consult with Dr. Hill. They have a really good price, infact I think if you pay for 2 cycles that fail, they will give you the 3rd one free. They have a good price but make sure you ask questions. During your IVF cycle they will monitor you by ultrasound and E2 only. They do not routinely monitor your LH and P4 while you are stimming. That for me was a problem. I had an unexpected early rise in my P4 while stimming (without an LH surge). Had this not been detected and we did a fresh transfer, my uterus would have not been ready for the embryos.

I had really good luck with Fertility Solutions in Dedham, MA. They have some other offices outside of Dedham, one in Woburn, about 2 hours from Maine. Well worth the drive and just about the same price as Fertility Centers of New England. Includes everything except meds. It is a smaller clinic with very personalized care. While I still got a BFN I felt much better about my experience. The REs themselves do your u/s and call you with all your results. They have 3 women REs and if you look at the SART data I think they are doing well.

My take home message for you is it’s well worth the drive to go out of state, especially since you have already been through so much already. Good luck my dear. Feel free to PM me for any more detailed questions about BIVF.

[QUOTE=kaultra]Hi Dianna,

I wanted to chime in about BIVF in Maine. With 3 failed cycles already I would NOT recommend BIVF for you. Yes, they do everything right there in South Portland. They have a surgery center for egg retrieval right there, office visits, monitoring, embryology lab, blood draws, everything. No need to drive to Waltham for anything. That is what attracted me to them in the first place, it was local, no travelling. I think it is a really good center for young, uncomplicated cases. I’m sure they get lots of women pregnant. If you are a challenging case I just don’t think they will offer you anything you haven’t already tried. Forget the fact that you will spend enough $ for almost two cycles elsewhere. I wasted over $50K on 3 cycles with nothing to show for it.

I have no experience with Fertility Centers of New England, except for an initial consult with Dr. Hill. They have a really good price, infact I think if you pay for 2 cycles that fail, they will give you the 3rd one free. They have a good price but make sure you ask questions. During your IVF cycle they will monitor you by ultrasound and E2 only. They do not routinely monitor your LH and P4 while you are stimming. That for me was a problem. I had an unexpected early rise in my P4 while stimming (without an LH surge). Had this not been detected and we did a fresh transfer, my uterus would have not been ready for the embryos.

I had really good luck with Fertility Solutions in Dedham, MA. They have some other offices outside of Dedham, one in Woburn, about 2 hours from Maine. Well worth the drive and just about the same price as Fertility Centers of New England. Includes everything except meds. It is a smaller clinic with very personalized care. While I still got a BFN I felt much better about my experience. The REs themselves do your u/s and call you with all your results. They have 3 women REs and if you look at the SART data I think they are doing well.

My take home message for you is it’s well worth the drive to go out of state, especially since you have already been through so much already. Good luck my dear. Feel free to PM me for any more detailed questions about BIVF.[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for your honest opinion. I met with my current RE today for the WTF appointment and she said that the docs are good at BIVF but they fly their personal jets up to Portland and they are very big without the one on one attention I’m used to. They get a lot more money the more fresh cycles they do, so they are not as interested in freezing. She did say the physicians were good but it’s a business. I currently go to a RE at a hospital, not a clinic, and I email my RE and nurses whenever I have questions which is great. My RE thinks I may have an issue with being a fast progesterone metabolizer and recommends I get that checked with another cycle and it doesn’t sound like BIVF would do that. I’ll have to look into Fertility Solutions!

Thanks again!