Brown spotting turning into light red/pinkish 11dp5dt, positive beta

All,
It has been 6 straight days that wifi experiencing some spotting, mostly brown in color and kind of dry. It started 11dp5dt. She is in her 5th week of pregnancy.

Yesterday (15dp5dt) the flow increased just a little bit and the color turned into light red. She rushed to the local RE and her BETA is still going up (514).

It turned brown again this morning but in the afternoon it is back to[COLOR=“DarkRed”] light red.

She will do her next hCG on Monday.

8dp5dt: 4/16 Beta1 11 hCG (40.53 Doubling time)
10dp5dt:4/18 Beta2 25 hCG (25.35 Doubling Time)
14dp5dt: 4/22 Beta3 345
15dp5dt: 4/23 Beta4 514
21dp5dt: 4/29 Beta5 Scheduled:pray: :pray:

I have seen many sources documenting brown blood as “old blood” and nothing to worry about. I am not sure if anybody experienced something similar with BFP.

I know there is not much I can do at this stage. I just wanted to dedicate a thread to this to gather info while we wait for the next Beta test.

I spotted brown on an off as late as week 15. It was HELL but everything turned out great.
It’s my understanding that red can be extra worrisome, but definitely not unheard of.
If it was me I’d just have her take it REALLY easy. I’d stay off my feet, stay hydrated and just try and relax.

GOOD LUCK!

Spotting in the first trimester is very common (like 30% of pregnancies). I spotted brown and red off and on at 7 and 8dp5dt with a positive hpt, but mine stopped.

My lil sister spotted like that off and on the entire first trimester. They looked for SCH (blood clot within the uterus), but did not find one. She did have low progesterone so they supplemented her, but that didn’t stop the spotting. Her’s was a natural cycle.

I assume your wife is on progesterone? If not that may be something to check. Otherwise there isn’t much you can do except wait it out and see what happens. Hopefully they will be able to see a yolk and sac soon and a heartbeat by 7wks. They can also look for an SCH, but mostly the only treatment for that is bed rest as that promotes good blood circulation to the uterus and thus helps the clot to break up (which actually can make one bleed more), but often they will resolve themselves by 14wks of pregnancy.

Anyway, for some, like my sister there really isn’t a reason that can be pinpointed. Just try to realize that this is common with 30% of pregnancies and that often they go onto to produce perfectly healthy babies. :cross: that is you!!! :bsv:

Thanks guys for quick response.
She is on [B]progesterone injections.[/B].
She noticed that spotting is mainly associated with her bathroom visits for last couple of days. It has turned into darker brown again.

I read in multiple threads that spotting is pretty common but was not sure if it is common to have spotting continuously for over a week. We are doing next beta on Monday, although her IVF clinic did not recommend any more beta tests. We are just going to do it for the sake of out mind.

Her first U/S is also next week, Thursday. Can’t wait!!

once again, thanks.

[QUOTE=hemlata]Thanks guys for quick response.
She is on [B]progesterone injections.[/B].
She noticed that spotting is mainly associated with her bathroom visits for last couple of days. It has turned into darker brown again.

I read in multiple threads that spotting is pretty common but was not sure if it is common to have spotting continuously for over a week. We are doing next beta on Monday, although her IVF clinic did not recommend any more beta tests. We are just going to do it for the sake of out mind.

Her first U/S is also next week, Thursday. Can’t wait!!

once again, thanks.[/QUOTE]

My sister pretty much had it the entire first trimester with only a day here and there in between. She is now 22wks approx.

Your betas look good so far though. :cross: the u/s gives you great results and is reassuring. :grouphug:

Thanks guys…

It is day 8 and her spotting continues. I am worried. She will have her next beta in 3 days. I would feel lot better when the spotting stops.:pray: :pray:

a little luck

[quote=hemlata]Thanks guys…

It is day 8 and her spotting continues. I am worried. She will have her next beta in 3 days. I would feel lot better when the spotting stops.:pray: :pray:[/quote]

I don’t know if it will make you feel better but i started spotting right after transfer and it increased. I had a large SCH that kept me continuing to bleed large amounts passing golf ball size clots weekly. Around 19 weeks it was tapering off then I started bleeding again and blood got into the amniotic fluid. They tested it and it was maternal (mine) and so I had a partial placental abruption. that got under control after a week or so. So the first 20 weeks of my pregnancy I bled like there was no tomorrow and ended up delivering a very healthy baby girl at 36 weeks who weighed 7lbs 8oz.
Hugs and good luck to you and try to relax and keep mommy relaxed.