Brownish egg color

Surprises never end. I had my retrieval yesterday with 90% fert.rate. however, my eggs were brownish and my embryologist suspects endometriosis could be a reason. However, my ivf dr. suspects because other doctors in my previous attempts never mentioned my egg color. He thinks the best would be to undergo laporoscopy.

Anyone had or heard of something like this before?

[QUOTE=cosmopolitan4112008]Surprises never end. I had my retrieval yesterday with 90% fert.rate. however, my eggs were brownish and my embryologist suspects endometriosis could be a reason. However, my ivf dr. suspects because other doctors in my previous attempts never mentioned my egg color. He thinks the best would be to undergo laporoscopy.

Anyone had or heard of something like this before?[/QUOTE]

I was taught that brown oocytes are not a problem.

Well, my dr. wants to do the laparoscopy, just in case. I am afraid that he suspects something else, but does not want to say. He said he would not do another IVF without performing the laparoscopy first. A few minutes ago, I asked him openly what other causes for the brown eggs could be. I am waiting for him to answer.

For Ghost

Are there other reasons for the oocytes to be brown, apart from endometriosis?

I’ve never heard the causes.

For the Ghost or those who know

Can you recommend some literature that speaks about the brown eggs please? I googled it but no results.

[B]Abstract[/B]
“Fertilization, embryo development, and successful pregnancy can be achieved after transfer of embryos derived from brown oocytes at the same rate as embryos from morphologically normal oocytes. Therefore, brown oocytes are probably normal and this morphological criterion does not seem to be indicative of any adverse outcome in IVF.”

Ref: Brown oocytes: implications for assisted repro… [Fertil Steril. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI

[quote=NoKaOi][B]Abstract[/B]
“Fertilization, embryo development, and successful pregnancy can be achieved after transfer of embryos derived from brown oocytes at the same rate as embryos from morphologically normal oocytes. Therefore, brown oocytes are probably normal and this morphological criterion does not seem to be indicative of any adverse outcome in IVF.”

Ref: Brown oocytes: implications for assisted repro… [Fertil Steril. 2006] - PubMed - NCBI[/quote]

Thank you soooooo much for this! I am going to read the article now!
You made my day!

Update

I have just reveived another infor regarding the reasons for brownich egg color: it is because of the increased FSH during the stimulation. The iportant thing is that it doesnt affect egg quality or pregnancy.