California IVF.....with no insurance ADVICE PLS

Anyone from California can give me advice for IVF treatments but without insurance coverages? DH is self-employed and I am a SAHM. Our current insurance does not cover for IVF so we’re seeking for any helpful advice for treatments and medications out of pocket. Any advices would be perfect. Thank you so much.

I had no insurance coverage for IVF either. We took a loan against DH 401k.
Good luck

I think not having insurance is the norm we took out a loan and also put a cycle on a CC

Its tough I know. Many clinics get donated meds and also meds from the drug companies. You may be surprized at how easy they would help out if you ask. Worth a shot.

Also, many clinics have financing available at a lower APR than your traditional CC. I think I saw ours started at 3.75%? Maybe at least ask about it if you can’t take a loan on your DH 401k…that is the cheapest way to finance…:grouphug:

I don’t know anyone in California who has ivf coverage. We took out additional student loans for our ivf since I’m still a grad student.

[QUOTE=Charybdis]I don’t know anyone in California who has ivf coverage. We took out additional student loans for our ivf since I’m still a grad student.[/QUOTE]

I had coverage but its through my employer and they are back easy where it’s mandated.

For your medications, there’s a Compassionate Care Program through Freedom Fertility that offers free medications based on your income level. My husband is self-employed too. We applied and got about $3k worth of GonalF. You can only do it once. Worth a try :slight_smile:

There # is (855) 541-5926, they will give you an application.

GL to you !

Thank you so much for all the wonderful advice. DH and I will look into it. I appreciate all your help. Have a good day.