Can HCG Rise after a fetus stops growing?

I’m really curious to know if HCG can rise after a fetus stops growing?

I got told today that my baby hasn’t grown and they can’t see the heart beat any more. I do have to go back in two days to confirm miscarriage. However I got my blood work back and my HCG is still rising. I mean my HCG has been low. I’m 7 weeks and it’s just now in the 3ks. It was 2443 4 days ago and now it’s 3713. But this was an FET and I know they have slow betas.

I’ve heard stories about things looking grim and having a good turn around. I’m wondering if I’m delusional.

I was so upset this morning and I came home and had coffee ( haven’t had coffee in a long time).

oh, I am 7 weeks, and the baby still measures at 6 weeks 1 day. He has measured that for about a week now. (although the nurse last time said he was 5 weeks ) I have no idea…

Thanks. I"m just upset and frustrated and needed to talk it through with people who understand. Friends dont understand.

Thanks

I wish you the best and truely hope you have a good outcome but to answer your question, yes, it can. With my miscarriage My HCG continued to raise for a couple of weeks before finally starting to come down. It was horrible. I’m sorry that you’re going through this.

All the best to you.

Thanks Jedi,

I’m not real positive about this. I"m sure I’m miscarrying.

Mommabear - I am so sorry you’re going thru this. I read your signature and see this would be loss #2 – my heart breaks for you. With my miscarriage my beta dropped off right away but I’ve heard it can still go up if the sac is still there. Praying for a miracle for you.

Hi, I’m so sorry to hear this and hope that they were wrong! I did go through a miscarriage myself and on the 2nd u/s there was no growth and still no hb, yet my HCG did continue to rise. I know I questioned my RE and she said that the HCG can continue to rise if the sac is still there. It doesn’t start to go down until all the tissue has been removed. Good luck and I hope the next time is “the one”.

Well thanks guys. I had a glimmer of hope, but I pretty much know it’s over.

I really do appreciate your responses.

Happy Baby Dust to you all :babydust: :babydust:

So, so sorry, Chelle. :grouphug: Take care.

[quote=MommaBear11]I’m really curious to know if HCG can rise after a fetus stops growing?

I got told today that my baby hasn’t grown and they can’t see the heart beat any more. I do have to go back in two days to confirm miscarriage. However I got my blood work back and my HCG is still rising. I mean my HCG has been low. I’m 7 weeks and it’s just now in the 3ks. It was 2443 4 days ago and now it’s 3713. But this was an FET and I know they have slow betas.

I’ve heard stories about things looking grim and having a good turn around. I’m wondering if I’m delusional.

I was so upset this morning and I came home and had coffee ( haven’t had coffee in a long time).

oh, I am 7 weeks, and the baby still measures at 6 weeks 1 day. He has measured that for about a week now. (although the nurse last time said he was 5 weeks ) I have no idea…

Thanks. I"m just upset and frustrated and needed to talk it through with people who understand. Friends dont understand.

Thanks[/quote]

I had the same thing happen to me. The baby stopped growing and no heart beat but my beta kept rising. My dr said that I needed to take some drug to cause the miscarriage because my body thought I was still preggers. I am so sorry you have to go through this. This too all happened to me about 7 weeks too.

I am so sorry you are having to go through this, and definitely hope that you still have a good outcome-I have heard of some miracles happening. With my 9wk m/c, my HCG continued to rise, but no hb. Since the HCG kept rising, we decided to do a D&C.