Can progesterone save a pregnancy?

So, I’m at my RE’s office, setting up my first injectable plan for this next cycle. He is doing an ultrasound to check antral follies and then plans an hsg…but then he said he sees “something” that might be an ultra early pregnancy. I’m 8 dpo. But…my lining looks like I just ovulated, still compact with the triple stripe–and it’s only 9.7. It was 11 just before ovulation.

So he cancelled the hsg and started me on 400 mg. of progesterone a day asap, just in case.

I’m freaking out a little. If I am pregnant, can progesterone save me? The lining thing doesn’t sound good. My hpt are still negative, but I’m only 9 dpo…maybe he just saw something else? If I did see a positive test, I feel like I’d just be waiting to miscarry.

Any thoughts? Experiences?

Wow… could be a very early pregnancy. A lining of 9.7 is good!
I don’t think, if a pregnancy is destined to m/c progesterone will sustain it, but if not, certainly couldn’t hurt.

:pray:

A lining of 9.7 is good!>>>>

Really? I assumed that since it was thicker at ovulation, it was baaaad. And I know the triple stripe thing is good at ovulation, but he made it sound like it shouldn’t be that way anymore. What a rollercoaster! I’m supposed to go back Friday for a beta…if it’s negative I’ll stop progesterone and procede with our one month shot at injectables. Friday’s a long way off…and of course, you know I’m testing twice a day on my own. ; )

[quote=MamaDee]A lining of 9.7 is good!>>>>

Really? I assumed that since it was thicker at ovulation, it was baaaad. And I know the triple stripe thing is good at ovulation, but he made it sound like it shouldn’t be that way anymore. What a rollercoaster! I’m supposed to go back Friday for a beta…if it’s negative I’ll stop progesterone and procede with our one month shot at injectables. Friday’s a long way off…and of course, you know I’m testing twice a day on my own. ; )[/quote]

My lining w/ my successful IVF was 9. Not sure about when the triple-stripe thing is “bad” to see.
Friday IS a long way off. Hopefully, tomorrow morning’s hpt will give you some hope.