Can you get your period 5 days after iui?

Sorry another question but this is what happens when you are on vacation and sitting in the house by yourself.

I had b2b iuis on 11/23 and 11/24 with a trigger shot on 11/22. I haven’t really felt like myself in the past few days and I attributed to the ovidrel and clomid but this one I don’t think I can pass it off as a symptom of them. I feel as if I am getting my period. I am crampy, pressure, bloated, and feels like my insides are being pulled down. I am a worrier by nature and have looked and looked but have not found anything like this. Breasts are not sore but I am nauseous and queasy and it feels as if my stomach is burning. I know it could be a side effect from the meds or my cervix could be inflamed because it did bleed after both procedures but someone please tell me is it possible to be feeling period cramps or have period come on early. My period is due on 12/7-12/10 (it fluctuates).

[quote=toyisttc]Sorry another question but this is what happens when you are on vacation and sitting in the house by yourself.

I had b2b iuis on 11/23 and 11/24 with a trigger shot on 11/22. I haven’t really felt like myself in the past few days and I attributed to the ovidrel and clomid but this one I don’t think I can pass it off as a symptom of them. I feel as if I am getting my period. I am crampy, pressure, bloated, and feels like my insides are being pulled down. I am a worrier by nature and have looked and looked but have not found anything like this. Breasts are not sore but I am nauseous and queasy and it feels as if my stomach is burning. I know it could be a side effect from the meds or my cervix could be inflamed because it did bleed after both procedures but someone please tell me is it possible to be feeling period cramps or have period come on early. My period is due on 12/7-12/10 (it fluctuates).[/quote]

I had these exact symptoms on 50mg of clomid. If you look up the side effects of clomid (we had a thread about this a little while back) all of the things you mentioned are listed there. If it makes you feel any better, this 2nd round of clomid has been a lot better when it comes to side effects. All of these symptoms can also be pregnancy symptoms, but I would do my best to not think about it if I were you. Just wait until 14dpiui and see what happens. I know it is really hard, but I got myself super excited thinking I was pregnant and it resulted in a BFN. Not to say that is what will happen for you, it is perfectly reasonable to have these symptoms and get a BFP. Just try to wait it out and hope for the best! :slight_smile:

Thanks so much knpoduch.

I was on 100 mg of clomid and thought it would be out of my system by now but I guess not. Baby dust to you!!!

It might be worth contacting the dr tomorrow and telling them what your feeling and see if they want to check you for OHSS. Until them drink TONS of fluids.

[quote=toyisttc]Sorry another question but this is what happens when you are on vacation and sitting in the house by yourself.

I had b2b iuis on 11/23 and 11/24 with a trigger shot on 11/22. I haven’t really felt like myself in the past few days and I attributed to the ovidrel and clomid but this one I don’t think I can pass it off as a symptom of them. I feel as if I am getting my period. I am crampy, pressure, bloated, and feels like my insides are being pulled down. I am a worrier by nature and have looked and looked but have not found anything like this. Breasts are not sore but I am nauseous and queasy and it feels as if my stomach is burning. I know it could be a side effect from the meds or my cervix could be inflamed because it did bleed after both procedures but someone please tell me is it possible to be feeling period cramps or have period come on early. My period is due on 12/7-12/10 (it fluctuates).[/quote]

Yeah, I had/have the same symptoms on Clomid. Its strange because I dont get the symptoms while I am taking the clomid I get the symptoms after I stop taking it. Last month after my IUI I had cramping and bloating during the whole 2ww and I for sure thought I was pregnant but I wasnt. Clomid can have some awful side effects and also the cramping and bloating can be from the IUI and your ovaries being enlarged. Good luck to you, I hope you get your BFP! :bsv:

I was convinced I was getting my period because of the cramps I was having. I had them from about 8 dpiui and was convinced AF was coming any second. She didn’t and I got my :bfp: on 14dpiui. Good luck to you!

Pregnancy Test 5 days after IUI

Hi everyone,
I had an IUI on 11/22/2010 and a trigger shot on 11/21/2010. I couldn’t wait and any longer so I decided to take a pregnancy test on 5dpiui. It was positive, however I’m afraid that its due to the trigger shot. Should I stop testing and wait?

[quote=jessebee]Hi everyone,
I had an IUI on 11/22/2010 and a trigger shot on 11/21/2010. I couldn’t wait and any longer so I decided to take a pregnancy test on 5dpiui. It was positive, however I’m afraid that its due to the trigger shot. Should I stop testing and wait?[/quote]

5dpiui is likely too early to get a true positive. Implantation usually doesn’t occur until day 6 at the earliest (usually between days 6-10 or so). Then it takes a few days for the hcg to show up on a hpt. Most likely this is just the trigger. It can still happen though. And doesn’t it feel good to see that second line even if it is just from the trigger :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=missingmy#2]It might be worth contacting the dr tomorrow and telling them what your feeling and see if they want to check you for OHSS. Until them drink TONS of fluids.[/QUOTE]
I will go ahead and do that. Im trying to be positive because my BBTs have been high since I ovulated. My temps are usually in the 95-96 range but every morning they have been high 97 to 98s. The thermometer even read high and started beeping like crazy this morning.

[QUOTE=Brinn1013]I was convinced I was getting my period because of the cramps I was having. I had them from about 8 dpiui and was convinced AF was coming any second. She didn’t and I got my :bfp: on 14dpiui. Good luck to you![/QUOTE]
That is what my friend just told me. She’s 7 months pregnant. She said she just assumed she was getting period but she turned up pregnant both times. I am going to call my doctor tomorrow just to make sure it is not overstimulation.

I just looked up OHSS and I have some of the symptoms but also many of the symptoms could be so many different things. I don’t have urine retention (actually the other way around), no SOB (shortness of breath), no swelling except for the bloating in stomach and I am a bloater by nature. I am feeling cramping but not pain. Nausea usually comes up right when I wake up or right before I go to bed but goes away with food. So I will go take the advice and get plenty of fluids. Ohh I can’t weigh myself. My scale’s battery died a month ago and I refused to get a new one bc I didn’t want to know what I weighed but if I have gained weight in the past few days its because I can’t stop eating.

I took a digital e.p.t. test and it was negative. I’m hoping that its too early to tell.